The online racing simulator
Live For Speed - Collateral Collision Trailer
(62 posts, started )
It's here, the long awaited preview of our upcoming project Collateral Collision. This marks our first ever venture into the LFS movie making world, and our aim is simple - to deliver the most authentic movie car chase experience ever seen in Live For Speed, or any other machinima movie. Straying from the LFS movie making norm of racing, Collateral Collision is set to be a project of ambitious proportions, resulting in a grueling chase sequence akin to movie car chase staples, such as Gone In 60 Seconds, Bullitt and Ronin. Find out how, soon.

View the trailer here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q2nlhf-pSi0

But be advised that there seems to be some volume issues with the Youtube version.

Downloadable version (recommended) here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QQJG3MIV

Please bare in mind that this is a work in progress, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated so that we can perfect the final product We hope you enjoy the trailer and look forward to posting the full project in the near future.
#2 - MrPDR
I feek kind of let down after i saw it.
My nuts are still intact
Quote from MrPDR :My nuts are still intact

didn't you want them to be? im sure i would still want mine intact
Quote from MrPDR :I feek kind of let down after i saw it.
My nuts are still intact

we dont mind opinions, constructive opinions though

we cant really learn from a quote like that, and yes, me and Start Wars predicted we may have hype it a bit much

and in self defence to redeem ourselfs, were else have you seen a trailer for a lfs movie
Well, not bad at all... but for some reason, it missed deeper atmosphere for me. Shame on me, cause I can't say why.

Try different filtres... maybe. And even more "action" style could be also plus... shake cam and all that things.
I think it's good trailer I was working on the movie so I know all the work...

Only thing I don't very like is the motion blurs... They are good in the shots in which the cars are moving "towards the camera" but not good in "side motion" shots. I hope you understand
Megaupload is crap! Put it on filefront, thats reasonably fast.
good trailer. Mediafire has no download limit btw and is free.
haa that's so funny 100% roll on when the full flim is out.
The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.

Hmm
Megaupload is working now - download away!
ok, Touche... you got my attention for the full release now.

First of all - congrats, that's not a failure, it's good (Very actually), but unless you do something way unbelieveable - it has been done before, see "Teh Carl" series by Don. Now, Those were astonoshingly great, but I will tell you how to beat those.
a. Use color filtering (as I see you are)
b. Use properly applied special effects
c. Use more dramatic cameras
d. Don't let the camera stop all of a sudden or let it start moving.

other than that - It seems the movie reall IS going to be very good

Edit : oh, and the quality did get worse because of twin compression I believe...
Thank you very much squidhead I am exceptionally pleased that it lived up to your meticulous high standards Though what do you mean about not letting the camera stop? I must admit, I am still getting used to operating the cameras in the game so any advise would be useful.
Very original.

Waiting for full movie.
After squids review and comments pus Lynce's I am now downloading it. Was gunna wait for the youtube version but it's so rare that squid gives such an amazing comment that I'll just download it.
You've set our hopes high by saying "the ultimate car chase", but it looks very exciting!
Quote from squidhead :ok, Touche... you got my attention for the full release now.

First of all - congrats, that's not a failure, it's good (Very actually), but unless you do something way unbelieveable - it has been done before, see "Teh Carl" series by Don. Now, Those were astonoshingly great, but I will tell you how to beat those.
a. Use color filtering (as I see you are)
b. Use properly applied special effects
c. Use more dramatic cameras
d. Don't let the camera stop all of a sudden or let it start moving.

other than that - It seems the movie reall IS going to be very good

Edit : oh, and the quality did get worse because of twin compression I believe...

I had also heard about these Teh Carl videos some time afterwards, but couldn't find a working link anywhere? I would be most interested in viewing them if anyone has a copy...
Very nice stuff! Definetly looking forward to the full video that was really nice.
Apologies for the delays, but the Youtube video is now live

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HmI7Ae1Li3c

However, there seems to be a problem with volume levels on the Youtube version.

I'll try uploading it to a different filesharing site tomorrow so you can all download it.

Thank you very much to those who have posted so far. In response to some of the initial feedback, please bare in mind that I am brand new to LFS movie making and the program of Sony Vegas itself, so I will not be very accustomed to techniques and effects, so the final film may differ in this respect, but the aim was to make it look like a realistic representation of a movie.

In terms of shaky cam, that is planned to be used in the final film (I have watched literally hundreds of movie chases so I am used to the practice, check my Youtube channel for additional car chase related videos), but I often find that modern day chase films use it too excessively to the point it becomes distracting. I will however try my best to moderate it so that it is hopefully effective.

Please also bare in mind that the video is not representing a race, like many other videos you are all used to, so it needs to be viewed from a movie car chase perspective rather than the LFS racing enthusiast. I am also glad that one of you noticed the intentional comical vibe of the trailer

Edit: but is it just me or do the sounds seem unbalanced on the Youtube version? The initial song sounds louder when it should be the heavier song that is louder...
i liked it a LOT more than i expected i would!

also... do i smell Fear Factory?
Its actually very nice,im waiting for more
Yay, i saw myself in my screen!

Well, i like it. Sounds are awesome

Start Wars - why your car is red in the trailer? it was blue when we were filming
#24 - JJ72
It's nice, just need a bit of cinematic touch to it, can't see too much of the action shots in the trailer yet, I'd expect some innovative camera angle/ movement / time control which is set to a piece of fitting music, you know the "rhythm"

and the best car chase is always about car that handles like shit, floating and jumping here and there, it adds a lot to the dramatic effect.
[quote=JJ72;884834]It's nice, just need a bit of cinematic touch to it, can't see too much of the action shots in the trailer yet, I'd expect some innovative camera angle/ movement / time control which is set to a piece of fitting music, you know the "rhythm" quote]

First of all thanks for all the feedback! Me and StartWars are overjoyed! Its good to see mixed opinions, 9.9 for a trailer isnt bad i agree there JJ72, but again, we tried to keep the trailer as short and dramatic as possible with 1-2 seconds shots. And as Squid said, it did need more effects. Expect all your desires and standards to be achieve and then some in the full movie! which is why were happy for any suggestions and improvements, Again, as squid said it has been done before by Don with the TEh Carl series, im looking ferociously for it, so when me and StartWars has seen his work, we can decide that if it will match up to ours .

(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG