JO53PHS
MataGyula
Specht77
baSh0r
KanseiDneova
Furiously-Fast
LFS Photomode Competition 6th Week Voting "Aquaplaning"

Sixth week voting.

This weeks theme was to make an aquaplaning or rainy scene.

This weeks entrants are:

baSh0r:

High res

Furiously-Fast:

High res

KanseiDneova:

High res

Specht77:

High res

ATC Quicksilver:

High res

JJ72:

High res

Mistikal:

High res

MataGyula:

High res

JO53PHS:

High res

Lynce:

High res

Thanks to all entrants, voting will end 48 hours from now. The winner will decide next weeks theme.
Mistikal! I voted because the car is aquaplaning. Which is what comes to mind when i read the title of this competition. Nice work!
Quote from kanseidneova :mistikal! I Voted Because The Car Is Aquaplaning. Which Is What Comes To Mind When I Read The Title Of This Competition. Nice Work!

+1
Quote from kanseidneova :mistikal! I Voted Because The Car Is Aquaplaning. Which Is What Comes To Mind When I Read The Title Of This Competition. Nice Work!

+2
Mistikal gets my vote, very stylish.
Quicksilver yours is just tooo awesome, JJ too, and Lynce's is great.
but Aquaplaning is Mistikal, and Lynce, so my vote goes to one of them
Can some make like a mod i can choose all together? :P lol i cant choose,they are all awe and some
My vote goes to JJ72, because his looks the most realistic. The others make the road look too smooth, like they are submerged underwater while JJ72's actually looks like real wet road.
Mistikal. Just because JJ72 won the first 5.
#10 - JJ72
I didn't win the first one.

be generous with your vote people, lets see if we can have 150+ votes in total.
sorry for double post,but isnt matagyula's picture's link wrong? coz a completly different pics comes in by clicking on the hi res link.or is it just me?
Quote from e2mustang :sorry for double post,but isnt matagyula's picture's link wrong? coz a completly different pics comes in by clicking on the hi res link.or is it just me?

My fault, I thought he had posted a .jpg as people were moaning about the .png. I shall fix it.

Edit: Fixed.
#13 - JJ72
wait a minute I think you have forgotten Tavvi's entry........
Quote from JJ72 :wait a minute I think you have forgotten Tavvi's entry........

He deleted his post, so I assumed he didn't want to submit it in the end. I know someone quoted his post, but I couldn't find the post itself.
#15 - JJ72
OK, i wasn't aware
Holy shit JJ72, your picture is stunning!
IMO your has the best picture.
Mistikal.

Very hard choice, though.
I voted for my bro'
This week I voted for Lynce´s work, just because I like the angle of view and edit of XRR. Well Done!
Quote from beefyman666 :

Sixth week voting.

This weeks theme was to make an aquaplaning or rainy scene.

Can i ask why this was changed from the original theme of aquaplaning please?

Not really fair if i was pretty much the only person to actually follow the theme and then it gets changed.

Quote from beefyman666 :

Congratulations to JJ72 once again, and this weeks theme is...

Aquaplaning

Rules: (made by JJ72, won't be changed)

I know its not an official comp but still..
#21 - JJ72
The rules were written by me like this:

"Aquaplaning'

Make an extreme wet weather edit with pouring rain, and a car on slicks.

"Aquaplaning" is the idea of an extreme wet edit, it's the theme of the competition, just to point out we want something more radical than usual rain edit. But as I said it's an invitation but not an requirment, the sentence I used to interpret the theme did not require an actual lost of control, since aquaplanning does not equal certain death.

and another point is you can't argue whether a car in the picture IS actually aquaplaning. And none of the pics exgarrated a serious lost of control, so it's hard to say whether someone followed the theme. I put a river at the bottom of "Eau Rouge" so I guess mine should be aquaplanning pretty hard as well, but I can't possible prove it, same to everyone else.

And think about the T1 carnage week, no one had ever questioned whether some picture are indeed taken at T1, although some obviously ain't T1 in any of the configurations, but I think it's a screen edit competition and it should be the quality of the edit deciding the outcome, and it's written as it is in the beginning.
"You can not guide the wind, but you can change the direction of your sails."

Thanks to the people who voted me on this occasion, and also the past.
^ What Lynce said My vote went to JO53PHS, tough decision this week,imo.
my odabasz went to JJ aswell.
Quote from JJ72 :The rules were written by me like this:

"Aquaplaning'

Make an extreme wet weather edit with pouring rain, and a car on slicks.

"Aquaplaning" is the idea of an extreme wet edit, it's the theme of the competition, just to point out we want something more radical than usual rain edit. But as I said it's an invitation but not an requirment, the sentence I used to interpret the theme did not require an actual lost of control, since aquaplanning does not equal certain death.

and another point is you can't argue whether a car in the picture IS actually aquaplaning. And none of the pics exgarrated a serious lost of control, so it's hard to say whether someone followed the theme. I put a river at the bottom of "Eau Rouge" so I guess mine should be aquaplanning pretty hard as well, but I can't possible prove it, same to everyone else.

And think about the T1 carnage week, no one had ever questioned whether some picture are indeed taken at T1, although some obviously ain't T1 in any of the configurations, but I think it's a screen edit competition and it should be the quality of the edit deciding the outcome, and it's written as it is in the beginning.

Yea i can understand that its just i tried to follow the theme like some of the 1st posts pointed out, not just a rain scene (that was added on the voting) which would have been alot easier, maybe if the "or rainy" was added at the start it would have been different.

I just figured alot of ppl would have done similar to what i did and depict a car loosing control.

And aquaplaning normally means the beginning of loss or loosing of control of the vehicle in standing water.

In motor vehicles

Response

What the driver experiences when a vehicle hydroplanes depends on which wheels have lost traction and the direction of travel.
If the vehicle is traveling straight, it may begin to feel slightly loose. If there was a high level of road feel in normal conditions, it may suddenly diminish. Small correctional control inputs will be ignored by the vehicle.
If the drive wheels hydroplane, there may be a sudden audible rise in engine RPM and indicated speed as they begin to spin. In a broad highway turn, if the front wheels lose traction, the car will suddenly begin to drift towards the outside of the bend. If the rear wheels lose traction, the back of the car will begin to slew out sideways into a skid. If all four wheels hydroplane at once, the car will slide in a straight line, again towards the outside of the bend if in a turn. When any or all of the wheels regain traction, there may be a sudden jerk in whatever direction that wheel is pointed.

Oh well always next time.

Guess im just competitive lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG