The online racing simulator
Major Bug, AU1, BL3 OOS - MPSYS
(17 posts, started )
Hello

When hosting a dedicated server and creating a layout on any of the layout areas with a custom starting point ie GREEN ARROW in shift U,
and then joining the empty server and attempting to start race causes OOS - MYSYS error.

I have tried making a layout with ONLY a custom starting point and this fails as well.

Sure would be nice to run a layout server that keeps a scoreboard.

If you have an idle client already in the race on the server everything works perfectly....
anyone know a fix this is reallllllllllllllllllly annoying mee....!
Quote from james_bskt :anyone know a fix this is reallllllllllllllllllly annoying mee....!

I noticed it too, no one can join my dedicated server (S2 mode), but when i do /axclear, anyone who have S2 can join it.
There are some places on some tracks where you can't alter the layout causing a JOOS error. Around the hairpin at aston for instance, you can't add any objects or something there or else there will be an error online, but offline there is no problem.
Actually I saw a 'new' feature in LFS

I hope its towards the OOS error
If anyone can explain in very simple terms, step by step how to reproduce this then I will look into it.

I just need very simple and complete instructions, to recreate the bug in the simplest way.
Topic openers bug:
  • Start a multiplayer dedi host server
  • /track=fe4
  • /laps=1
  • /axclear
  • add a start position autoX object "s" here

• You can race as normal at this point, new players can join host
  • Leave the server (empty server)
  • Rejoin the server (track select screen is ok)
  • Join track again
  • You get this error "> Playername : JOOS + MPSYS" and kick

• Only way to rectify it is /axclear
It occurs on Z dedi, Z dedi with the hack protection and Z2 dedi. Server must be empty for it to occur. It doesn't seem to matter where I place the start position. Does not happen in Single Player mode.

edit: Topis is called OOS - MPSYS but opener states it's a OOS - MYSYS error. So go figure. =)

Goodluck
Attached images
enb2008_11_7_16_14_33.jpg
enb2008_11_7_16_17_29.jpg
#10 - wild
Yes this is a very annoying bug. Hopefully Scawen will be able to find out how to fix it and we can all live happily ever after
Thanks for the detailed description. I've been testing and it is amazing how easy it is to reproduce it.

The host doesn't even need to be empty, it seems that if you join and there is a start position in memory on the host, either from a saved file or a layout that is not saved, you will get the bug.

The only additional condition to create the bug is that the host must be in the entry screen when you join. Someone else can be connected to the host at the time, as long as they are in the entry screen.

And it doesn't even need to be a dedicated host, I can reproduce it with a Z host and a Z guest. Good because that will help me debug it, using a single exe.

I'm just surprised there have not been more complaints about this, the bug is so severe that you can just not leave an autocross host running online at all, unless someone is connected and in game at all times.

I'll let you know how the fix goes...
OK - I have fixed that bug.

I've started an unmanned autocross host named "LX Autocross".

Please can you check that the bug does not exist on that host, maybe put a few laps in, see if it's all working fine.

If so, I'll release a Z3 dedicated host here and then make it more public after some more extensive testing.
Yes that works, (allows me to join), but I discovered something rather intersting with this bug.

I think this explains why it hasn't been reported more often. Majority of servers have their layouts saved as default. It only occurs when the layout is loaded by a guest connection. I'll explain.

I saved that LX AutoX layout locally to my PC then went to my Z2 dedi. Loaded it up in shift-U (by connecting as a player), then disconnected, then of course, being Z2 it wont allow me to come back and join race. BUT, if I make that layout the dedi's default layout and save it to the dedi /axsave NAME and closed then restarted the dedi host, I could join the race !

It seems to only fail on Z2 (dedi) and previous if the layout is loaded/created by an admin in shift-U connecting as a player. If I /load from the dedi console, the bug doesn't occcur. So to sumarise I think that bug was affecting things when you edit/load layouts ONLINE as a guest on a multiplayer server.

Hope this make sense, but Scawen, check that the layout you are testing was loaded by an admin in shift-U (or as a guest in-a-3D-game typing /axload). The bug doesn't happen if you load the layout directly from the dedi host console or if is made the default layout and restarted.
In fact in those situations it does happen.

The thing is that the dedi must have once been in game and then exited to the game setup screen. Then the bug will occur.

So if it is the default layout, you can join once and enter, as you described. But if you then leave the host and join again, you will get the OOS kick when you enter the game, regardless of which way the layout was loaded.

The bug is caused when the host exits (e.g. SHIFT+X or all guests left) to the game setup screen.
Dear god!

Sorry, I didn't try connecting again. Mah bad.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG