LFS at EAS Show in Vienna (3rd to 6th Feb)
Cyberseat will again be exhibiting their seat and LFS at this show, much like at the MPH'05 show and the LFS Karting Meet. I'll probably be going (just gotta sort a few things out first), and represent LFS at the show.

Quote from Hugh Meares (Cyberseat Guy) :We need to have some LFS material and the best thing would be those game CD giveaways that Fujitsu had done at Leipzig. We probably also need to organise a competition as before with some way of fastest displaying lap times and maybe even recording all lap times. Let me know what you think.

Will need to sort out the LFS Flyers again, and sort out a good, reliable way of recording times from the day (with the drivers name ideally).

Anyone else planning on going to the show?

Edit: More details here - http://eas2006.expoplanner.com/index.asp
#2 - Smax
Not Vienna no....I'll probably be in Berlin for the Transmediale digital media festival on around the same dates, but the point of my post is that I'd guess .spr files would be the best way of tracking times?
#3 - Krane
Quote from Smax :but the point of my post is that I'd guess .spr files would be the best way of tracking times?

Not really, you'd have to change player name each time and load the replay afterwards when you want to see the names & times or you'd need a program to parse the spr headers.

Notepad & pen or laptop & Openoffice calc/excel is the best option.
damn...
now, where a LFS event is in vienna, i'm in german....
omg...this could not be possible...damn!

but, maybe i'll drive back to austria in a porsche carrera 4S (996)...
should also be coOL
Attached images
porsche1.jpg
porsche3.jpg
porsche2.jpg
great, I'll be there! any way I can help? I'm a 'native'
You can translate, cos I bet not everyone will speak English. And my German/Austrian skills are worse than most foodstuffs. But yeah, the more the merrier (up to a point)!

Oh, and when it's quiet we get to have our own 'internal competition' on who can do the best laps around SO Town in the FO8
That sounds interesting, maybe I'll go to Austria on Saturday/Sunday. Unfortunately I'm going to write two university tests on Monday, so that's not certain yet.

Anyway, good job Tristan! If needed I can help with some translations or the production of S2 demo CDs.
#8 - J.B.
Quote from CrazyICE :damn...
now, where a LFS event is in vienna, i'm in german....
omg...this could not be possible...damn!

but, maybe i'll drive back to austria in a porsche carrera 4S (996)...
should also be coOL

You mean that's how much money you make by making some LFS tools? Hmm, maybe I should learn some proper coding skills after all.
So you are planning to use the cyberseat and let the drivers do some laps, like in the MHP'05 show (if it was that?)...?

You could also show some good mpr replays...? Show some good racing in various cars could show LFS at best, many cars to choose from and tight and fair racing.
Any more info on the event? Where does it take place? I might aswell go there...

Ok, found it already
Quote from J.B. :You mean that's how much money you make by making some LFS tools? Hmm, maybe I should learn some proper coding skills after all.

LOL, would be coOL...
but too less donations
I'll be there too... *marks date in calendar*

Just one thing: Do I have to register as attendee to visit this expo?
I'd like to be there too.
This might be a bit complicated but if you know how to set up a local working version of apache web server and php (google easyphp, winLAMP or XXAMP), you could download the unofficial hotlap chart source, set it up then just upload each SPR.
Because that was written before S2, it will use the screen name rather than licensed name.
Downside is you'd have to get people to run in hotlap mode, and do HLVC laps, so maybe its not really a goer.
Quote from bbman :I'll be there too... *marks date in calendar*

Just one thing: Do I have to register as attendee to visit this expo?

Yeah, I've asked myself that, too. Does anyone know? Or is the registration just for the people who want to show something?
Quote from Hyperactive :So you are planning to use the cyberseat and let the drivers do some laps, like in the MHP'05 show (if it was that?)...?

You could also show some good mpr replays...? Show some good racing in various cars could show LFS at best, many cars to choose from and tight and fair racing.

Indeed. Good replays could show what LFS is really about. If you just let people "hotlap" Blackwood / GTi (maybe this time with a different and more interesting track?) they don't see what LFS is really about. Maybe you could use some league replays, at least those are clean racing.

Has the Cyberseat got it's wheel upgrade yet?
No, you just turn up. The attendee thing means those who want a stand.

I think I'll just have to cope with a small bit of paper with the times on. I might print of a little table for me to write in.

We let people use the other cars at MPH, and the results were pretty funny. No one could drive the RWD cars, or the high-powered FWD ones (except JJ72, which is how we knew he was a LFS regular). I might try people in the RB4, as it's easy to drive (being 4WD) and requires little skill or experience to keep it on the track.

As far as I know (which isn't much) they'll use a Momo Racing or a DFP this time around, as the Logitech Wingman was a joke. I intend to take some time setting up the wheel and LFS perfectly so that people get the best impression possible.

I think Cyberseat still have some of the fliers from last time left over, so hopefully there will be enough, although it's one thing I have to confirm with Hugh. As for CD's with LFS on, I guess that's possible. To make it more professional it would be nice to have a printed CD, and perhaps a little cardboard wallet or just a clear plastic version. Does anyone have CD printing facilites? Hmmm, I wonder how that LFS CD in the other thread is going...

I think it'll be another success for LFS, and I'm confident the exposure will create more sales of LFS (I think we got a few from the last time at least).
Tristan : Victor is waiting for you to confirm your address so we can order the post cards and get them sent to you. Just telling you here in case you aren't receiving emails at the moment - we need to order them as quickly as possible to make sure they arrive on time.

Thanks for doing this! I hope it goes well and you have a good time!
Quote from tristancliffe :We let people use the other cars at MPH, and the results were pretty funny. No one could drive the RWD cars, or the high-powered FWD ones (except JJ72, which is how we knew he was a LFS regular). I might try people in the RB4, as it's easy to drive (being 4WD) and requires little skill or experience to keep it on the track.

FOX with a good setup is also very easy to drive... Or if you want it to stay AWD, I myself always found the FXR to be easier for beginners, as it has downforce which really helps with braking...
Quote from Scawen :Tristan : Victor is waiting for you to confirm your address so we can order the post cards and get them sent to you. Just telling you here in case you aren't receiving emails at the moment - we need to order them as quickly as possible to make sure they arrive on time.

Thanks for doing this! I hope it goes well and you have a good time!

Updated the address in my account to reflect my uni home, and I replied to Victor's PM already, so hopefully will get sorted soon. If you don't get the updated details (with Cowley in them, as opposed to Norwich) then let me know.

It's no problem - I enjoy 'selling' LFS to random members of the public who nearly always think I said Need for Speed

Quote from bbman :
FOX with a good setup is also very easy to drive... Or if you want it to stay AWD, I myself always found the FXR to be easier for beginners, as it has downforce which really helps with braking...

Sure is easy, but still very easy to spin compared to the GTi or the RB4 for newbies. What I'll do is, before the 'competition' kicks off, is to run an open session, where I try people in different cars and tracks to see which gets the best reaction. I'm also gonna try the seat through Aston's Eau Rouge just to see if I throw up.
So, when will you be there? All three days, nonstop?
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm also gonna try the seat through Aston's Eau Rouge just to see if I throw up.

lol
Non-stop : I could, just, I reckon, although my driving would deteriorate as time wore on...

@Scawen and Victor - did you get my updated address?
Quote from tristancliffe :Non-stop : I could, just, I reckon, although my driving would deteriorate as time wore on...

@Scawen and Victor - did you get my updated address?

didn't you get my pm?
Permission to :doh:

Thanks

:doh:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG