The online racing simulator
XFG Carbon Dashboard
(20 posts, started )
XFG Carbon Dashboard
I got a little bored so i decided to have a go at a XFG carbon dashboard.
You can't see it all the time, i think only when the sun shines from behind

Preview:

It looks a bit better ingame.

File:
Click Here

I tried my best getting it to show up better, but this was the best i could get

XRT Carbon Dashboard also released!!
Click Here
Cant see any carbon, take a proper pic!

edit: thats better
I made one.
Maybe you could make the Carbon more visible.
Attached images
Tacho.png
Quote from Waffenaffe :I made one.
Maybe you could make the Carbon more visible.

like i said: I tried my best getting it to show up better, but this was the best i could get

i tried to make it darker and lighter, and also fiddled with the alpha mask, but it really wouldnt show up better than this

Edit: i used your picture to show it, its a better one thanks!(Y)
No problem
You made with Photoshop?
i tried to do a white face one bu editing the background file, but it didn't become white faced AND the gauges disappeared... like when you turn them from real to virtual... checked the alpha layer and it's ok... dunno what went wrong...
Quote from Dudles :i tried to do a white face one bu editing the background file, but it didn't become white faced AND the gauges disappeared... like when you turn them from real to virtual... checked the alpha layer and it's ok... dunno what went wrong...

do you have the Photoshop file?? send it to me and ill have a look for ya

Quote from Waffenaffe :No problem
You made with Photoshop?

yep, i edited it with Photoshop CS3
Quote from dutchshogun :yep, i edited it with Photoshop CS3

Could u send the PSD over PM?Then i can tweak it a bit
Quote from dutchshogun :do you have the Photoshop file?? send it to me and ill have a look for ya

yep, i edited it with Photoshop CS3

Looking the Alpha layers now, i saw that only the part around the dials are aditable... the gauges themself can't be edited... cause i wanted to do some kind of white face to the dials...
Quote from Dudles :Looking the Alpha layers now, i saw that only the part around the dials are aditable... the gauges themself can't be edited... cause i wanted to do some kind of white face to the dials...

You can, if I am thinking of the right thing. Look around in the options menu. You'll find it.
Quote from piggy501 :You can, if I am thinking of the right thing. Look around in the options menu. You'll find it.

No... in the Options Menu you can make the numbers, scale and needles any color you want... but the gauges "face" ( the background of them ) you can't edit inside LFS... and i thought that there were a texture behind them now that the interior changed including gauges...
Quote from Dudles :No... in the Options Menu you can make the numbers, scale and needles any color you want... but the gauges "face" ( the background of them ) you can't edit inside LFS... and i thought that there were a texture behind them now that the interior changed including gauges...

Ah. Yes. That's it.

Sure you can anyway. But your not looking for a DDS file I think. It's a different thing. Look at the attachment.

P.S. I've just realised my frame rate was abnormally slow that day!
Attached images
45y4C.tmp.jpg
i Know analog Gauges and have used it for a lot of time, but i want to put white face in the stock gauges... inside the dashboard...
Seems like this is not possible yet... period...

Piggy: multiple scaled gauges don't work fine with analog gauges (ex: your tacho).
Quote from 1303s_vortech :Seems like this is not possible yet... period...

Piggy: multiple scaled gauges don't work fine with analog gauges (ex: your tacho).

Fogot to say that wasn't mine.
can you make this for XRT too?
Quote from G!NhO :can you make this for XRT too?

haha nou is da toch toevallig k heb t gistere (naja, vannacht) gemaakt XRT is veeeel dikker

haha, what a coincedence, i made one last night the XRT version is sooo much nicer

Here's the link http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=46293
How to add that carbon?
[quote=dutchshogun;858509]I got a little bored so i decided to have a go at a XFG carbon dashboard.
You can't see it all the time, i think only when the sun shines from behind

Preview:

It looks a bit better ingame.
canu put direction signals 2 like XRT?

XFG Carbon Dashboard
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG