The online racing simulator
Where is our in game admin menu for admins???
It's starting to get really irritating,That one has to type cars=mrt+blh+blh+bl+blh.I mean,Why cant we have a little admin menu,like when you hit N in game,there is a option for a remote admin to ban/change cars/what have you..???

All this typing ,to get something done in the server is getting a tad bit old,I also think that there should be differnt levels of admin parameters,that the server owner could set.... Maybe one could write a external program to do such things,But I dont belive it will be me..

Thanks Russ
well, what about a little InSim tool
hmmm...shall i wrote one

but the problem is, taht you have to switch between the tool and LFS!
If you use LFS.EXE to host the server instead of using the dedicated server executable you can do most everything with a click of the mouse. There is also a GUI out there for the dedicated server, but i've never used it so I'm not sure what options it has or how well it works.
Quote from Cue-Ball :If you use LFS.EXE to host the server instead of using the dedicated server executable you can do most everything with a click of the mouse. There is also a GUI out there for the dedicated server, but i've never used it so I'm not sure what options it has or how well it works.

Yeah, but that menu only shows up for the person hosting the server. Server ADMINS dont see it
I've been typing commands into the dedi version of lfs for years,And I gotta say I am tired of it,And cant belive the devs havent upgraded the way the commands are inputed...

Its real nice to run a full copy of lfs as a server,But that doesnt work so well on a 266 pentium:P And like Vedetta says that only works good locally..

Russ
:bump::bump:

come on devs
Admin Menu
My number one priority as an admin is to make sure that every good clean racer that visits our servers has the best LFS experience we can possibly provide. Much of this we can try to put in place outside of the race itself e.g. well spec'd servers, good car/track combos, informative messaging etc. But the biggest problem is controlling the idiots who deliberately set out to spoil the enjoyment of others. They're easy enough to spot but getting rid of them is difficult if all the admins present are in the actual race. So we tend to take it in turns to sit out races and keep everything running nicely from spectator mode. However, as we tend to use 10 laps as race durations it means an admin loses about 25mins of his available evening's racing time which for some of us old codgers can be a significant proportion.

So, for the benefit of all responsible hosters, can I please request that a quick and simple method (preferably mouse driven) is incorporated into LFS allowing admins to kick/ban disruptive racers without the admin having to pull over and start typing commands.

Apologies if it's been asked before.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG