The online racing simulator
CMX Viewer Z - Take 2
(34 posts, started )
CMX Viewer Z - Take 2
Downloading now Scawen - I'll check through the other thread and see if some of the bugs still exist.

You can go to bed now.
#3 - Gunn
Checking
Very minor.

XRR default skin is still missing the handle shadows.
XRT still has tiny (ancient?) handle shadow and no keyhole shadows.

Just thought I`d mention it while I`m posting this freaky little shape on the XFG doors that never seem to be lit properly.

*edit - I know someone will probably pop in to say it`s a bad "vertice" "poly" or whatever, but I`m really, really bad with 3D apps and terminology. I just know the funky shape follows you round the room, as it were. Like one of those weird old paintings of old guys on the walls of mansions.
Attached images
xfgpolything.jpg
-
(TheChad) DELETED by TheChad : I realised it was not a bug
??
Quote from h3adbang3r :The UFR interior in unfinished.

Yeah. The wheel floats in every car except the ones with new interiors.
Full Screen aspect ratio (on wide display)
Hmm I dunno if this is a Z-bug or an official feature at all, cause I never tried the viewer in full screen mode (shift+f4). If you choose to run the viewer in full screen mode (wide screen display 1440x900), the aspect ratio is messed up (car / fonts are stretched).
Quote from Mischa NED :Hmm I dunno if this is a Z-bug or an official feature at all, cause I never tried the viewer in full screen mode (shift+f4). If you choose to run the viewer in full screen mode (wide screen display 1440x900), the aspect ratio is messed up (car / fonts are stretched).

I tried this. The fonts do get streched depending on the shape of the window/resolution. But the car shape seems to stay the same (like it should).
I'm running at that resolution, and in full screen and I had never noticed that
Quote from geeman1 :I tried this. The fonts do get streched depending on the shape of the window/resolution. But the car shape seems to stay the same (like it should).

Hmm weird... I tried again and made a "print screen". The snapshot is 1024x768, so shift+f4 switched to 1024x768 resolution. This explains the "stretched" image.

See attachments. First the real snapshot (to my surprise in 4x3 ratio), 2nd the resized snapshot of how it looks on 1440x900. Both images are resized to 400 pixels width (no need to show what I mean).

Maybe this has to do with my dual screen setup? Anyway.. I think it's not important Just some minor thing.
Attached images
lfszvwA.jpg
lfszvwB.jpg
It's because the full screen resolution selected by the viewer does not match the aspect ratio of your monitor. Unfortunately the CMX Viewer does not have the screen options available so you can't select it in the interface.

It's not a simple matter at the moment to compile the viewer because of technical reasons in the code - my fault for not maintaining the viewer compilation as I went along. It's got to the point where it would take at least half a day to compile a new version of the viewer exe and maybe another half a day to brush it up a little, allow access to all relevant options and so on. I will do that at some point but for now there is a way around this.

You can edit the cfg.txt and edit the line "Screen Info 1 0 1074 768" and change the end two numbers ot your computer's native resolution.

Also you can change the lines INFO_F9 - INFO_F12 and that will make the SHIFT + F9 - F12 keys select the required resolution.
But there is a button for that, sorry if i misunderstood something.
Attached images
what.jpg
what2.jpg
Quote from Scawen :...you can edit the cfg.txt and edit the line "Screen Info 1 0 1074 768" and change the end two numbers ot your computer's native resolution...

Stupid me I checked viewer_cfg and searched for "res" I should have searched 1024 I knew it should be in config.. ok As I said it's not important at all right now

Good luck with Z release Go go go... I know u can do it
Quote from Taavi(EST) :But there is a button for that, sorry if i misunderstood something.

LOL Ok I shouldn't check such things while at work
Quote from Taavi(EST) :But there is a button for that, sorry if i misunderstood something.

Ah right, thank you. I must have thought of this in the past.

I must remember to check what I am talking about before giving detailed instructions of how to do something the hard way.

Been on this patch too long, better be careful now...
Quote from Scawen :Ah right, thanks you. I must have thought of this in the past.

I must remember to check what I am talking about before giving detailed instructions of how to do something the hard way.

Maybe you could change the button from just Screen to Screen Options and make it easier to find, i had trouble figuring out how to change resolution as well.
Well like I said, it would be a day to be able to compile the Viewer. And that's a day I don't have at the moment.

When I am updating it in future I'll put it here for testing before settling on another version.
wats a cmz viewer if i may ask?
Is a program where you can see a 3D model of all cars and helmet, so you can easy check how a skin look. I think if are not a skin designer you won't find any useful
o thank you o and patch z is coming in to days if im correct?
Quote from Scawen :
The main mapping change from version Y is the XF GTR and XR GTR mirrors.

Could you please not remove the rollcage mapping Scawen? I noticed you can't add a color to your XFR/XRR rollcage anymore now...

Good job btw!

Thanks,
Gonçalo
Quote from kamilek12 :o thank you o and patch z is coming in to days if im correct?

iirc today in the evening, next test patch wil come out
The Scawen's exact words were:

'Today's one will come with two unlocks. I want to release it before the early evening, hoping this is the final test patch.'
ok thank you once agian

CMX Viewer Z - Take 2
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG