The online racing simulator
Today's Test Patch - XF and XR Interiors
Hello LFS Racers.

I'd just like to make a small announcement about some updates in a test patch that is planned for release today, and also a few words about progress and future updates.

Today's test patch will include updated interiors for the XF and XR (GTR and road) cars.

These caused some hotlaps to go out of sync due to things like the driver being in a slightly different position, so we took the opportunity to move (and lower) the centre of gravity of all the GTR cars and the XRT and RB4 to improve handling and hopefully improve class balancing. The XRT and RB4 have also had some small improvements to the rear suspension that make them nicer to drive. When Patch Z is released, the existing hotlaps for eight of the cars (XFG / UFR / XFR / XRT / RB4 / XRR / FXR / FZR) will need to be deleted.

While most people will be happy to see these improvements, we predict that some will be disappointed that the other GTR cars are not yet done. But don't worry, the FZ updates are near complete and we are keen to get that released along with the FXO updates as soon as possible - but not in time for Patch Z which will look very much like today's test patch and should be released next week.

The remaining GTR updates are part of the needed updates for LFS S2 to lose the ALPHA tag. Some other updates that should mostly be done to get out of ALPHA are :

- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending
- Finish and release Westhill updates
- Improve track shadow rendering
- RB4 / UF1 / UFR interiors

I've noticed some discontent about the rate of progress and all I can do is assure you that no-one wants LFS out of ALPHA more than we do! Of course, by updating and releasing the clearly unfinished things mentioned here.

EDIT : For HOSTS only - the dedicated host is now ready for you to start your Y30 hosts.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=44910

Well that's it, I hope you enjoy today's test patch. There are plenty more improvements to come!

- Scawen
Hooray First!

Edit -> Epic Step Forwards. Thanks and cannot cannot Wait to try these out. I need to figure out how to get out of work today.
Great! I can't wait Scawen.

- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending

All together now...

HOORAY!

Quote :Patch Z which will look very much like today's test patch and should be released next week.

HOORAY!
Can't wait for this!!!
Good news.
[etals:]
#8 - Byku
OMG! Curse You all non-believers . Hahahahahhahaha
Thank you guys a lot for the small update about whats going on in LFS developement and some small roadmap
S2 losing the ALPHA tag? That means cleaning up the bugs from this round (S2 BETA) then on to S3 alpha, right? RIGHT?

Exciting times!
I WAAAANTTT IITTT NOOOWWWW !!

GOod Luck Guys.
Quote from Dajmin :S2 losing the ALPHA tag? That means cleaning up the bugs from this round (S2 BETA) then on to S3 alpha, right? RIGHT?

Exciting times!

Well it's not losing the ALPHA tag yet. It will take quite a long time to do all those needed updates to get it out of ALPHA.
Thanks Scawen
Quote from Scawen :Well it's not losing the ALPHA tag yet. It will take quite a long time to do all those updates to get it out of ALPHA.

I'm glad you said that, i had a heart attack thinking that all of the big bugs could still exist in the BETA.
Thank you for the few words about progess and future updates

Look forward to patch Z and future patches
Great news! To bad I can't drive before monday. I expect pics of the new interiours from you guys!
Great to hear. Can't wait for the download to be released!
i knew you wouldnt let anyone down, and i bet you sure shut up the idiots who think they know everything

hoooooray for the dev team!
Great news Scawen

But, can we please get a sinsere answer as to wheter we can expect a completely new track in the near future? Is it in the plan, is it in development, just a clear answer on this just so people can atleast have some hope We've been patient all these years and i think that people deserve an honest answer about this... Thanks ahead
wooot, can't wait till we get out of alpha, looks promising enough!
Thanks for everything Scawen.

Quote from Boris Lozac :Great news Scawen

But, can we please get a sinsere answer as to wheter we can expect a completely new track in the near future? Is it in the plan, is it in development, just a clear answer on this just so people can atleast have some hope We've been patient all these years and i think that people deserve an honest answer about this... Thanks ahead

This isn't a rimshot, but look at what he said. That's an honest report on those things. It's coming along with everything else, whether he spoils the surprise or not
It's good to hear things are still moving along on the graphics front. Cheers for the update.
EXELENT , Congratulations to devs!
I take it it's still compatible with the current non-test patch?
Quote from danowat :I take it it's still compatible with the current non-test patch?

I think Scawen will set special servers up for that, not sure tho...
This thread is closed

Today's Test Patch - XF and XR Interiors
(251 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG