The online racing simulator
Anyone wanting to join iRacing now?
(126 posts, closed, started )
Hi!

I still have invites left for the small scaled release next week. The Public Release will be in a couple of months, if you want to join now already you can sign up for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or a year. Credit card required.

Read about it before you join, its not a finished Sim and never will be, its in constant development and will be so for years. It's kind of like a LFS S1

New Website is up:

www.iracing.com

Cheers
George
Quote from George Kuyumji :Hi!

I still have invites left for the small scaled release next week. The Public Release will be in a couple of months, if you want to join now already you can sign up for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or a year. Credit card required.

Read about it before you join, its not a finished Sim and never will be, its in constant development and will be so for years. It's kind of like a LFS S1

New Website is up:

www.iracing.com

Cheers
George

A game in development with a montlly fee and an extra 15/20 dollar a track. That was not what LFS S1 was about
Quote from George Kuyumji :Hi!

New Website is up:

www.iracing.com

Cheers
George

My brother and I are very interested in iRacing so if you could just tell me what is required. Don't worry, we'd only need 1 invite . Just tell us what details are required and we'd be up for it . Thank you.
You might want to give it a miss Lep, I heard you have to sign up for races and turn up for them on time if you want to compete.

Its a shame it costs so much, because it looks like it could be good fun, if they had a proper online system instead of having to book a race, and it was a one off fee of like £40, then I would get it. I already have RFactor and Netkar on my hard drive.
I have 2 invites left as well.
Quote from Leprekaun :My brother and I are very interested in iRacing so if you could just tell me what is required. Don't worry, we'd only need 1 invite . Just tell us what details are required and we'd be up for it . Thank you.

Send me a PN with your real name (that is required - no nick names allowed) and email address and iRacing is going to contact you
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You might want to give it a miss Lep, I heard you have to sign up for races and turn up for them on time if you want to compete.

Its a shame it costs so much, because it looks like it could be good fun, if they had a proper online system instead of having to book a race, and it was a one off fee of like £40, then I would get it. I already have RFactor and Netkar on my hard drive.

That is not correct. You can sign up for a Race within 1 minute before it starts. Races are about 30 - 50 minutes long, every hour a new Race starts.
It is actually pretty cheap, if you consider how accurately the cars and tracks are created, down to the cm, it is worth it. If someone doesnt care about realistic tracks and cars LFS is better for that person, but in terms of accuracy iRacing is 2 levels above anything else available.
I think Quicksilver was just having a go at Lep there.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I think Quicksilver was just having a go at Lep there.

Nah it was just a joke because he has a habit of turning up late to events on LFS. That feature of iracing is one of the things that puts me off though, its all taken too seriously for me, and its not like LFS where you have an option of serious league racing, or casual public racing. But I guess iracing is aiming at the more serious sim racers, people who would be willing to wait another hour for a race if someone takes them out in turn one.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :people who would be willing to wait another hour for a race if someone takes them out in turn one.

It doesn't matter if your taken out in turn 1, you can reset your car to the pits and carry on. Just like real racing....

(not a dig at iRacing George It's another of those things i find a bit odd about a supposed "hardcore" sim though )
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Nah it was just a joke because he has a habit of turning up late to events on LFS.

That's what I meant by "having a go."
Quote from The Moose :It doesn't matter if your taken out in turn 1, you can reset your car to the pits and carry on. Just like real racing....

(not a dig at iRacing George It's another of those things i find a bit odd about a supposed "hardcore" sim though )

Resets will be limited or not available for higher license levels AFAIK, but it's something I also think shouldn't be there to begin with
i want to know if my pc is capable
I got a few nominations left as well if anyone is still interested. Nominations close Friday.
What I do not get is that you need a nomination to become one of the paying ginea pigs...
/Me smells masochism in the process
Quote from Mille Sabords :What I do not get is that you need a nomination to become one of the paying ginea pigs...
/Me smells masochism in the process

It's a staggered rollout, some of the thinking behind it is that it will help get people on all "tiers" of the licensing system so everyone has a good selection of drivers to race against.
Quote from chanoman315 :i want to know if my pc is capable

http://www.iracing.com/membership/tech.php?lc=3

"System Requirements
# Windows XP or Windows Vista
# Hyperthreaded Intel CPU, AMD Athlon 64 CPU, or any dual-core CPU
# 128MB Pixel Shader 2.0 (ATI 9700Pro or nVidia 6600 or better); 256 MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI X1600 or nVidia 6800 GT/GS or better recommended) graphics adapter
# 1 GB system RAM
# 3Gb free hard disk space
# Steering wheel and pedals required
# Microphone optional, required for voice chat

Internet Browser Requirements
# Firefox 1.5, Internet Explorer 6, or newer
# Javascript enabled
# Cookies enabled
# Flash Player

Internet Connection Speed
# 56K dial-up at a minimum, Broadband (DSL or Cable) highly recommended. Satellite broadband excluded."
SO if i put back in my Celly 420, it isn't good enough, since it's single core and doesn't have HT (Core 2 architecture)?? Stupid. They can't even write the system specs correctly :P
Quote from Mp3 Astra :http://www.iracing.com/membership/tech.php?lc=3

"System Requirements
# Windows XP or Windows Vista
# Hyperthreaded Intel CPU, AMD Athlon 64 CPU, or any dual-core CPU
# 128MB Pixel Shader 2.0 (ATI 9700Pro or nVidia 6600 or better); 256 MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI X1600 or nVidia 6800 GT/GS or better recommended) graphics adapter
# 1 GB system RAM
# 3Gb free hard disk space
# Steering wheel and pedals required
# Microphone optional, required for voice chat

I would say those are minimum specs, I got some fairly hefty stuttering on my system.
hm has anyone thought of telling kaemmer how rare credit cards are in europe?
Quote from Shotglass :hm has anyone thought of telling kaemmer how rare credit cards are in europe?

Go ahead, all you have to do is buy a cheap $6 contact license and you can tell him anything you want.
Quote from xaotik :all you have to do is buy a cheap $6 contact license

with a credit card as the only payment option i presume?
so is this just an invite to pay for iRental?
Yep.
So that you will feel somewhat special being one of the few allowed by your distinguished peers to race there. Money should not more be an issue now that you have found the way to the true sim.
In fact you should not need money at all after a while, because iRental will enlighten you to the true drivingTM and you will become a Nascar / Formula 1 champion (you still have to select road or oval racing for your career).
All credit cards accepted.
lol, i thought this is about special invitations that you can test the game for free or something, seriously, not having a demo is one of the stupidest things they could do. This is a freakin niche market, how are they planning to make up the invested money is beyond me..
This thread is closed

(126 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG