The online racing simulator
Mental Ray
(25 posts, started )
Mental Ray
Well,i was wondering that how many people would be intrested in Mental ray lfs scenes kit?,i added a example for people
Attached images
XRT_Mental Ray3.jpg
People using MAX without Brazil will be very interested I would of thought.
Yeah, it will really cool have those scenes in Mental Ray.

My Brazil render plugin its a little buggy.
yes please
#5 - T.J.
I love the look of candy paint ^^
I have always use Mental Ray. All of my renders were done in Mental Ray. I done them that way because I don't have to worry about compactability of materials etc.
Update,i've been working on the render kit,and found a better way to do lighting,heres few examples

Woooooohooooooooooo! 500 posts
Attached images
FO8 Render.jpg
FXO Render.jpg
FOX Render.jpg
#8 - T.J.
Looks so sweet Have you updated the XRT to the new lightning and stuff?
nah,havent made it to XRT yet
turn on the jitter the materials need a little a because they look like plastic try the mental ray car paint material
I am using mental ray car paint material
ok, i'm blind forget it
not like that, just a little more reflection, and a little less glossines and maybe some bumpmap for the road cars
I say The car paint....

My render was a test. I dont have a good enviroment and no reflection (only fresnel)
#18 - Migz
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Well,i was wondering that how many people would be intrested in Mental ray lfs scenes kit?

Everyone that has 3DS Max and wants to render things but has no Brazil.
I for one would have lots of "happy time" with anybody who made a Mental Ray Lfs Scenes Kit
XRG and XRR still to do
http://www.speedyshare.com/218806846.html
If anyone spots any mistakes,reply,and it uses same textures as ian.h scenes,and the pic file is for lighting,just put it somewhere,and locate in max
Attached images
LW_Sky-3a.jpg
Nice work and big contributions to the LFS community
Sorry I have a few comments...I hope you don't mind.
I have only downloaded and looked at the FZR settings. To my opinion, it is a bit dark, especially on the side and rims.

The map used on the skylight doesn't do much in this setting, because it is not using that image for environment reflection. It can do with just adjusting the colour of the skylight. Also I have notice that you have used 'screen' for the 'environ mappings', you should use either spherical or cylindrical for proper wrap around environment.

The rim at the moment is highly reflective raytrace material which only reflecting what the ground colour is, so if the ground is brighter, the rim will look brighter too.
I have replaced it with a Arch & Design material, medium blur glossiness/reflective.

I also replaced the floor with similar material to the rims, but with AO switched on. I have noticed that you have set the FG quite high, but for scene like this, you can reduce it down especially with reflective objects.
That is why I only turned on the AO on ground material, so that it gives a nice soft defused shadow underneth the car to compensate the lower FG details.

Your original file took 5 mins to render, and the modified image took 2.5mins to render. That is the difference it makes.

Anyone who downloaded the files and try to put skins to the car paint material, please remember, to get a good result, add the skin to both 'base colour' and 'light facing colour' slots. To be even better, darken the skin slightly for the 'light facing colour' slot.

My modified file is done in 3ds max 2008, so it is no good for many people. Therefore I will not submit anything up here. Especially bmwe30ms has already done such great work for starter.
Attached images
original FZR.jpg
modified FZR 01.jpg
modified FZR 02.jpg
#21 - Migz
I've just downloaded the XRT one and when i open/try to render it asks for a bunch of Map Files. May i ask where i can get these?

And also how can i change the car skin?
As i sayd,it uses Ian.h scenes textures
I tried to open FBM scene but for some reason its not opening. For which 3ds are these scenes??
Most probably Max 9.
#25 - Migz
All the files have been deleted!
can you please re upload please?

Mental Ray
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG