The online racing simulator
LFSW - Team Manager Tools
(43 posts, started )
#1 - Gil07
Since Victor is currently doing some nice LFSW apps (spectator, hotlap analyser), I thought I'd get this one out of my head (and hope that it can be implemented).

As many drivers who have taken part in team-based league races know, it's quite a pain to have to adjust your race strategy and pit settings during a race, and a big waste if you have a team manager managing your race. So I though (and found it weird no-one suggested it before), why not make a LFSW app that allows a driver to specify a team manager (or set a password to allow a manager access) that can view F9-F10-F11 menus, and change the options of the F12 menu (and maybe something extra that doesn't occur to me atm)?

In real life, it's never the driver that instructs the pit crew and defines the strategy by himself, be it in F1 or endurance leagues. I'm missing this option a lot (being team manager in IGTC and oneGP, and I'm sure I speak for most people who have had to manage a race), so it would be a very welcome addition.

What do you think?
#2 - J@tko
+10

Great idea.

Whilst watching via LFSRemote maybe?

Entering a password that allows it in the main screen?
Could be difficult, but would be a nice idea.
+1, thought about his myself i would rather concentrate on the road that adjusting setting, during a race
That's a great idea, but it would be too difficult to implement I think.
#6 - Gil07
That is what I feared, but only Victor/Scawen can say that for sure of course
The issue is that the server does more communicating to LFSW than LFSW does to the server. All the stuff would have to go via the server to the player - and noticing the delay between /w wr and getting it on screen there may be a bit of a lag.
#8 - Gil07
Lag wouldn't be that much of an issue I think, you won't be setting pit instructions 2 seconds before a stop anyway.
I'd love to see it.
wow,nice idea
+1 Being a driver in the leagues that Gil manages for us, I would find it really useful, as I always lose concentration and control when I have to change any of my settings so just end up leaving them and finishing the race with 20% fuel. Would be a great addition IMO.
One of the best suggestions I've ever seen in this forum
+1.
I hope it´s not a too difficult an improvement to get.
Great idea.
Brilliant idea +1
I like the idea, but I wonder why you ask that this works through a separate LFSW application. I think it would be simpler if the team manager connects to the race server, spectates, and enters his comands from there. (So everything is done in-game, and LFSW is not involved.)
that would not be effective, as large races such as IGTC there are around 30 people on the server at one time, and if everyteam manager is connected that would cause even more server load.
Quote from JasonL220 :that would not be effective, as large races such as IGTC there are around 30 people on the server at one time, and if everyteam manager is connected that would cause even more server load.

Not to mention there aren't enough server slots for that. 30 drivers + 30 team managers + admins is over 60 people
yes gil thats what is was trying to say
But if you did that it would be too many slots. 25 teams this week, which would mean 25 team managers, plus admins and safety car this would create a problem.
+1...
Great idea!
Quote from Gil07 :Since Victor is currently doing some nice LFSW apps (spectator, hotlap analyser), I thought I'd get this one out of my head (and hope that it can be implemented).

As many drivers who have taken part in team-based league races know, it's quite a pain to have to adjust your race strategy and pit settings during a race, and a big waste if you have a team manager managing your race. So I though (and found it weird no-one suggested it before), why not make a LFSW app that allows a driver to specify a team manager (or set a password to allow a manager access) that can view F9-F10-F11 menus, and change the options of the F12 menu (and maybe something extra that doesn't occur to me atm)?

In real life, it's never the driver that instructs the pit crew and defines the strategy by himself, be it in F1 or endurance leagues. I'm missing this option a lot (being team manager in IGTC and oneGP, and I'm sure I speak for most people who have had to manage a race), so it would be a very welcome addition.

What do you think?

I have done this kind of thinking myself, but never dreamed of this beeing implemented. i am for this, but I keep dreaming, myself, I !

Realism is not the game, in Lfs. They would have to solve the view first !!!

Nothing else matters. A 20 - 25 degrees view on a screen, is NOT realistic. So what do I care about this - Nothing !

Then we have to talk about the G-forces, the feelings of a real car. How do you implement that ?

But I would settle for the view, and go on from there. But NOT a 20 - to 25 degree inside view.

I can see at least 180 degrees in my IRL car. But who cares
Quote from jasonmatthews :But if you did that it would be too many slots. 25 teams this week, which would mean 25 team managers, plus admins and safety car this would create a problem.

The managers wouldn`t have to be online ! They just have the POWER, to alter the pit status.

get hold of a manager to alter your settings, would be a great improvement, as IRL.
Again and AGAIN. They don`t have to be online. They should only have the power to alter pitsettings, as the racers wishes !

No big problem there
#25 - Jakg
Quote from alland44 :Nothing else matters. A 20 - 25 degrees view on a screen, is NOT realistic.

What do you expect LFS to do - grow more monitors or something?!

I have 3 and it does the windscreen + the mirrors (on both sides) fine. Get a few triplehead2go's connected to a SoftTH PC and then add some more monitors and your realism issue will fade away.

(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG