The online racing simulator
MPR bug with capitals in license name
The two attached images should be self-explanatory I think

Short summary: (I think) there's a small bug in the way LFS writes a username to the mpr file. As you can see on lfsw.jpg the license name for Rudy is "Rudy van Buren". In the screenshot of the MPR file (mpr.jpg) you can see it's "Rudy van buren" in the replay.

This can cause problems when you're trying to use license names to check of it's a team mate or not.. so it would be nice to see this fixed!

René

EDIT: Running patch Y20
Attached images
lfsw.jpg
mpr.jpg
In fact the user name is shown exactly as the user typed it into LFS.

So it's not a bug in the MPR writing, it's just that LFS does not force the user name to be typed the same way as it is on LFS World.
#3 - SamH
If you ask either LFSW or MySQL to return any entries where username='samh', it will return all entries where username='SAMH' or 'SamH' as well. It's not choosey. Since the upper/lowercase of a username can't result in duplicate accounts, I'd recommend always comparing lowercased usernames. Convert, then compare, if your application is case-sensitive.
Quote from SamH :If you ask either LFSW or MySQL to return any entries where username='samh', it will return all entries where username='SAMH' or 'SamH' as well. It's not choosey. Since the upper/lowercase of a username can't result in duplicate accounts, I'd recommend always comparing lowercased usernames. Convert, then compare, if your application is case-sensitive.

Oooh I always thought the user accounts were case-sensitive! In that case I will lowercase all characters indeed! Thanks!
The only thing that may cause you issues using default case - would be if you were to create .jpg's on a linux based server .

Thank god I'm running Windows on my server, I had completely mis-thought about this. haha!

MPR bug with capitals in license name
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG