The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Changes for LFSBC Season 2
Hi Guys

Although Season 2 of the LFSBC is a few months away yet, I thought I'd bring you up to date on the changes that we will be implementing when the time comes.

Most of these are confirmed, some are still TBC though, so take them with a pinch of salt

Bi-Weekly Races
For the second season, we will be running Bi-weekly races to give people more chance to practice.

Longer Races
The races in Season 2 will be about 25-30 mins in length, the endurance race being 1 hour in length.

New Calendar (TBC)
BL1 - XFG/XRG – 16 laps
FE1 - UF1 – 30 laps
KY2 - TBO – 12 laps
AS3 – FOX – 15 laps (or maybe 2x 7laps)
WE1 - FBM – 15 laps
BL2 – XFG or RB4 – 20/25 laps
AS5 – GT2 (enduro) – 20 laps w/pit stop

Noob-proofing ()
All the tracks will be noob-proofed (Joe's words not mine ) It's basically just AX objects being placed at strategic points to try and stop carnage and help improved racing.. The actual racing line is unaffected

Entry Requirements
We will be implementing a minimum entry requirement so that we don't get complete noobs entering It won't be too hard to achieve, but will ensure that all competitors have a sound racing knowledge and adequate experience.

You have to have attained 2 of the following prior to signing up:
  • 75 CTRA License points (excluding Bump & Jump)
  • 50 CTRA (tin top) or CTRA SS License points
  • CTRA Yellow Roof License
  • 1200 online miles
  • An LFSW uploaded hotlap within 103% (benchmark) of the WR on any combo
And all of the following:
  • Friendly attitude
  • Respect for other races, admins and the rules
  • You consider yourself a ‘beginner’
Championships
There will be 3 championships for Season 2. There is the normal Driver's championship as Season 1, in addition there will be a 'Rookie' (for those new to the LFSBC) and a 'Non-Rookie' (those who competed in Season 1) championships with different point systems.

New Rulebook

The Rulebook has been changed and is now better, with more information and clearer rules

New Numbering system
This will take into account people's finishing positions from Season 1.

Use of Ventrilo
We will be making the use of Ventrilo mandatory for Season 2. This makes the job of RC much easier as he can give out orders orally rather than having to type everything out or use RCMs.

'Tutors'
We will be asking the top 6 finishers from Season 1 to come back for 1 round each in Season 2, and race with you all. They will be there to give tips and advice, should you need it.

Ballast System
We will be using a ballast system to make the racing closer and more exciting. How we work it out is quite complicated, so before each round I'll make a post in a 'Ballast System' thread detailing how much ballast everyone needs to carry.

Hope to see as good a turnout for Season 2 as we had for Season 1.

Hope to see you all around

J@tko
Question: Will the epic-fails (like me) from last season be able to compete?
#3 - J@tko
Quote from Dalek0220 :Question: Will the epic-fails (like me) from last season be able to compete?

Yes. As long as you meet the entry requirements than that's fine. (We'll publish the entry requirements later)

EDIT: FYI Sam, you don't yet meet our entry requirements, but one incredibly small change will meet it for you
Great thing, now i hope that i sign up not too late, that i can drive evry race.
All sounds good, can't wait for it
Sounds great and hopefully I'll be able to do that tutor part

Calender seems fine. Hopefully the BL2 won't be carnage :P But I think that with XFG being a farely slow car you shouldn't get that much contact like in the high torque RB4.

For the noob-proof thingy as long as it doesn't affect the possibility for some people to overtake it should be fine. Like a 2 wide through some corners shouldn't be changed so that people can still overtake.

Use of TS = great idea.

Bi-weekly races is also a great idea and perhaps during the FP during the weekend were there will not be racing you could get those ''tutors'' to attend the FP's and be ready to coach racers who want it.

As for the entry requirements, well... I think the point is to give beginers a chance to feel what it's like to be in a league. So technicly, any low skill level should be able to attend. However, rules have to be made clear at some point and maybe if for example you could make 1 FP per race mandatory so that the tutor's can talk to the racers individually about how to race in a secure way so that they don't cause any problems.

For the new numbering system, well... I didn't get it lol.

And finally, does that mean that I can attend LFSBC Season 2??? Honestly, I think only some should be aloud to race from those who were in season 1. For example, the top 10 should be excluded from season 2 and the rest could be judged by the race admins.

Anyways, looking forward to this and I'm definetly ready to do some tutoring if needed . Just let me know if you need me but please take into account that sunday's are pretty much taken with 2 leagues back to back. (litterally) Saturday's are now free however.

Good luck to the race admins and organizers aswell as the future drivers.
Quote from evilpimp :

Calender seems fine. Hopefully the BL2 won't be carnage :P But I think that with XFG being a farely slow car you shouldn't get that much contact like in the high torque RB4.

Racing of that combo seems to be fairly clean on Race 1 so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Quote from evilpimp :
For the noob-proof thingy as long as it doesn't affect the possibility for some people to overtake it should be fine. Like a 2 wide through some corners shouldn't be changed so that people can still overtake.

None of the noob-proofing is on the actual racing track. Examples of noob proofing are Bales along walls were people are likely to crash (at high speed) and barriers to stop cutting.

Quote from evilpimp :

And finally, does that mean that I can attend LFSBC Season 2??? Honestly, I think only some should be aloud to race from those who were in season 1. For example, the top 10 should be excluded from season 2 and the rest could be judged by the race admins.

I think the top 6 are excluded
#8 - J@tko
Quote from Stefani24 :Great thing, now i hope that i sign up not too late, that i can drive evry race.

Quote from dougie-lampkin :All sounds good, can't wait for it

Be good to have you two with us again

And ffs Rob, change that bloody avatar!

Quote from evilpimp :
As for the entry requirements, well... I think the point is to give beginers a chance to feel what it's like to be in a league. So technicly, any low skill level should be able to attend. However, rules have to be made clear at some point and maybe if for example you could make 1 FP per race mandatory so that the tutor's can talk to the racers individually about how to race in a secure way so that they don't cause any problems.

TBH, the entry requirements will take anyone less than an hour to complete, if they start from complete scratch.

They're not hard to get at all, just they show that the driver has a basic level of driving skill, and so that we don't get some n00bs like we did last season.

Quote from evilpimp : For the new numbering system, well... I didn't get it lol.

I'll explain it at a later date

Quote from evilpimp : Good luck to the race admins and organizers aswell as the future drivers.

Thank you Mr.T!

Hope to see you making an appearance too
Quote from JO53PHS :I think the top 6 are excluded

7th FTW

Quote from J@tko :And ffs Rob, change that bloody avatar!

I like it, I always know where I've posted :rolleyes:

Quote from J@tko :TBH, the entry requirements will take anyone less than an hour to complete, if they start from complete scratch.

I'm intrigued at these new requirements. People will have to actually do something to be elligible? What about those of us who fail?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I like it, I always know where I've posted :rolleyes:

Quote from dougie-lampkin : I'm intrigued at these new requirements. People will have to actually do something to be elligible? What about those of us who fail?

I'm sorry but I'm not divulging what they are at the minute Rob.

They're easy to acheive, and yes, they're 'performance based', so you do actually have to do something.

There are 5 categories of qualification, and you have to achieve at least 2 of them. If you havn't got it yet, then just go out and get them

FYI Rob, you qualify already
I've just had a chat with Joe about this, and we've decided to make the entry requirements public now.

You have to have attained 2 of the following prior to signing up:

75 CTRA License points (excluding Bump & Jump)
50 CTRA (tin top) or CTRA SS License points
CTRA Yellow Roof License
1200 online miles
An LFSW uploaded hotlap within 103% (benchmark) of the WR on any combo

And all of the following:
Friendly attitude
Respect for other races, admins and the rules
You consider yourself a ‘beginner’

Also, be aware that we have a right to reject any application if we see fit. We will look into any CTRA infractions and may ask for an access key for MyCTRA to look at other infractions. This is to try and secure clean driving within the league.

However, for example, if you do have an infraction on CTRA, this does not mean that we will reject you, we will also look at the report e.t.c. and make a decision then

Sign-ups won't be open for a while yet - we're just giving you warning of the requirements.

EDIT: I've edited the OP to include the ballast system
Maybe It'd be better to keep a locked thread called 'Ballast System' and each week make a post in there with details of who needs what?

/forumcleanupwhore
Yay, blue roof FTW

Those entry requirements look really good, they're easier than I thought, while still stopping complete noobs from entering. Obtaining yellow roof on tracks like Tudor Rose should really make them more careful :rolleyes:
Quote from JO53PHS :Maybe It'd be better to keep a locked thread called 'Ballast System' and each week make a post in there with details of who needs what?

/forumcleanupwhore

Good idea Mr. Joe

Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yay, blue roof FTW

Those entry requirements look really good, they're easier than I thought, while still stopping complete noobs from entering. Obtaining yellow roof on tracks like Tudor Rose should really make them more careful

Thanks Rob.

IIRC, it takes 6 races of finishing on the lead lap on B'n'J to get Yellow Roof - and thats much harder than it sounds
Man, I need CTRA Licenses? That sucks, I'm rarely on CTRA...
and don't want to
I'll get a few laps for the FBM on Ky1 (I'm awesome at that combo).
Quote from Dalek0220 :Man, I need CTRA Licenses? That sucks, I'm rarely on CTRA...
and don't want to
I'll get a few laps for the FBM on Ky1 (I'm awesome at that combo).

That's why I've put in the bottom two
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS : meh
-
(J@tko) DELETED by JO53PHS : meh
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS : meh
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko : Bloody idiot beat me :(
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS : HAHA
EDIT: Screw that data, I got a gap of 0:00.640.

(WR: 0:49.390 ; Me:0:50.030)

Um.. What?
Quote from JO53PHS :Um.. What?

Ditto my thoughts

But I've just checked, the -0.39 bit means he's 0.39secs under the benchmark, so he's in
Quote from J@tko :
An LFSW uploaded hotlap within 103% (benchmark) of the WR on any combo

How bout u discard KY1?
...and KY1R
Dragstrip?
You can't actually set a hotlap on da 'strip
Key is, to make a fast setup. That fast setup gets me to absolute speed, and it is Jack's event, he runs the thing, so he decides. He said all combos allowed, so =P.
Can I just make a point here.

Yes, I did consider whether to disallow the Oval, but you still have to be quite quick to get a 103% hotlap there, because the lap time is so short. e.g WR in an FO8 is about 38 seconds, and to get 103% you have to get a 39.14 - thats still quite quick.

It's perfectly fine by me to have an oval hotlap to count towards the LFSBC entry.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG