The online racing simulator
Replay is not being recorded [solved]
I went hotlapping, did some laps and wanted to save the replay,
but the game says: "Replay is not being recorded"illepall

This is not the first time. I don't think that I am doing anything wrong.

Here's a screenshot of my problem, too:
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2712/replay9nc.jpg
illepall Well, thats odd. Can you reproduce it? I know replays stop recording after pit stops, but in hotlap mode right after you pit the race restarts. Odd.
you can only save a replay ONCE so if you had already accidently saved a replay then it will stop recording and will not start again untill you restart the race / hotlaps.

Also make sure that it is set to Manual Save in the Options / Misc (i think)
I recorded a replay, watched it and restarted hotlap..
Maybe you went into a settings screen after restarting hotlap?

Some settings, for example controller settings, can stop the replay being recorded.
Now if you ask, I think I did set something in the controls.
Hmm, so I have to end hotlapping and start it again if I make some changes..restarting won't work?
Too bad I didn't know it then. I hope I will get the same or even better lap time. Thanks for explaining the problem, Scawen.
It should be ok if you change something in the controls, then restart the hotlap (either through the menu or SHIFT+R). Changing controls should only stop the recording for the current hotlap. So you shouldn't really need to exit and come back in again.

I'll mark the thread as solved for now, just to save other people reading through the thread and trying to help. Of course you're welcome to post again if you seem to get the problem again - and i can remove "solved" from the thread title.
just kinda seperate from hotlapping, but placing objects will also keep replays from being saved.. and something else that i cant seem to reproduce on my own but randomly happens sometimes
Well, I pressed Shift+R and it wasn't ok.
So, maybe these random things can happen from time to time.
I'll let you know if it happens again.
I get this all the time, and my experience is as follows:
Until I restart a race, no replay is recorded. If I select a car, a track, and simply start a race no replay is recorded. If I restart the race then a replay is recorded henceforth.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
LOL Why thank you, thank you very much

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG