The online racing simulator
Live for Speed Beginner's Cup Round 2 Full Race Coverage
Several weeks and 120 or so GB later, here's round 2 of the Winter 2008 Live for Speed Beginner's Cup. The action comes from Fern Bay Rallycross.

High (or so I reckon) quality version: http://files.filefront.com/Rou ... /;10352289;/fileinfo.html

Low (or so I reckon) quality version: http://video.google.com/videop ... 804621898808767&hl=en

As usual for these 'casts, I captured all the shots by hand using Shift+U, my brain, and a mouse; Captured with Fraps Trial version, converted to mpg by Tsunami MPEG Encoder, converted from mpg to DV via MPEG Streamclip. Batch Lists FTW ! My commentary recorded in Audacity, graphics built in The GIMP. Edited on a MacBook running OS X Leopard using Final Cut Express.

Disclamer 1: The breaks are some cheesy American Public Service Announcements I had that I threw in to help pass time.

Disclaimer 2: If I called you a n00b in a roundabout way in the commentary (I'm sure I did a few that), it's simply my commentary, and my Race Director self (although I deny being Race Director for commentary sake) does not share the same opinion of any pillock that was commented on.

Disclaimer 3: Some of the racing sucked, but some was brilliant.

d
It was great . Although looking at how much you focus on people's fails (The incident between TG44 and Juurme in particular), I'm rather scared of the R3 video
Hahhah what adverts... Seriously hey

Your fps is quite poor though

EDIT: watched it now. Appalling.

Oh and D, don't mumble. It's a major plus if the viewer understands what you say (We've had that kind of a mumbling commentator on F1 but luckily he's moved to Speed channel now so his your problem now )
Downloading, will edit soon this post.

EDIT: It's DivX, can't watch this...
#5 - J@tko
Wahey - another vid - yay

Good:
  • As always you commentary is quite good
  • The graphics are fab again
  • Some of the racing was good
  • Clearly loads of effort put into it again
  • Ads broke up the racing well - /me likes
Bad:
  • Holy mother of god that race was worse that I thought - and I thought it was pretty bad!
  • You need a less laggy replay
  • Dean's from Hungary, not Australia
  • You are officially sacked as the NDR advert picker. They were simply shocking! I'll get you some better ones
  • You didn't expel massive sympathy for me when I had to pit for damage - hell, you didn't even show it
  • My intro movie was so much better
But great as always Deko - keep up the great work
Quote from J@tko :You are officially sacked as the NDR advert picker. They were simply shocking! I'll get you some better ones

Some ones you should include
  • Cilit bang
  • Fairy power spray
  • Other cleaning product ads
#7 - J@tko
Quote from JO53PHS :Some ones you should include
  • Cilit bang
  • Fairy power spray
  • Other cleaning product ads

Don't worry joe - I have some amazingly good ones

Get on MSN and I'll show you
Id say this was the winter 2007 and not 8
Wow, FileFront is slow today................................
Quote from J@tko :The race was run on Feb 10th 2008

Then it should be Winter 2007/Spring 2008
#12 - TG44
YES! Finally!

Downloading.... at full speed (212kB/s lol)
Were any of the races held in 2007? Oh, well

BTW, I just tested it and I've got to say, it's impossible to do a low-res version of a video. I captured a 1:17 min vid and it took 40 min to convert it into flash.... ( http://blip.tv/file/936660 ). And to get rid of the cars randomly appearing and disappearing (lag) you'd have to record all cameras seperately..

EDIT: I only get 105kb/s.... sucks to be me
#14 - TG44
Quote from hyntty :Were any of the races held in 2007? Oh, well

BTW, I just tested it and I've got to say, it's impossible to do a low-res version of a video. I captured a 1:17 min vid and it took 40 min to convert it into flash.... ( http://blip.tv/file/936660 ). And to get rid of the cars randomly appearing and disappearing (lag) you'd have to record all cameras seperately..

EDIT: I only get 105kb/s.... sucks to be me

hmm... are you the one explaining the track?
Quote from TG44 :hmm... are you the one explaining the track?

No, it's Joseph
#16 - TG44
Quote from hyntty :No, it's Joseph

ok nvm

EDIT: Argh! I'm so embarrased about how i "recovered" from the spin on the second start......

And the reason for the wierd ass recovery was that i was so pissed at the guy who kept pushing me that i though people was already pass me and decided to continue... untill i noticed that i'm not the only one in that area... =/

That commentary was perfectly fine. How could it have been joe?

Oi, Shut the hell up, of course it was you, f00L
I feel mentally assaulted by that race. Ouch.

Slightly dead framerate, but great overlays and good commentary. Although I think you should have gone to commercial breaks during the safety car periods because they were very tedious!

Nice video.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I feel mentally assaulted by that race. Ouch.

Slightly dead framerate, but great overlays and good commentary. Although I think you should have gone to commercial breaks during the safety car periods because they were very tedious!

Nice video.

Yes. Hopefully me and Deko are going to have a chat bout it on msn (whenever he wakes up) and the ads will be discussed - we'll have better ones for the next race (In which there were even more SCs
#21 - TG44
Quote from J@tko :Yes. Hopefully me and Deko are going to have a chat bout it on msn (whenever he wakes up) and the ads will be discussed - we'll have better ones for the next race (In which there were even more SCs

And it was the best race for me in the whole season
Quote from TG44 :And it was the best race for me in the whole season

And about the worst for me, which was a bummer cos I was the 3rd fastest driver
Yeah, I know the FPS sucked at some points. Fraps reported no lower than 20 FPS during recording phase, except in the Turns 10-11 area camera (right before the high angle from the final corner shot) where it went down to about 10 FPS. I tried a reboot and let the comp cool, but it only marginally improved it. I think it might simply be a defrag needed or other routine maintenance procedures. I will sort that out before Round 3.

Also, the google video upload will be done while I sleep, so sometime in the next 12h the google video version should be ready. I hope. I'm upping a 2046 MB .mov file to it, so it may take a year to process.

But oh well !

jp
Quote from dekojester : Fraps reported no lower than 20 FPS

Wat? Why don't you go with 14 cause it's adequate?
OP updated with Google Video Link.

Forgive for the blurrieness and crappy compression they did on it.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG