The online racing simulator
Joystick Handbrake
(9 posts, started )
Joystick Handbrake
I have a joystick for my handbrake(Logitech Attack 3) and when I have it set for axis it always is at half brake becuase of its center position. How do i set it so that the center will be 0? Also when I have the joystick plugged in it makes my wheel controls(G25) go whack. Also the joystick has a throttle/dial type button. Can I set it for brake bias? and how?
try calibrating that axis in different positions such as full forward or full back and see what works.
1. Use DXTweak and calibrate the joystick axis for a 50% deadzone (so it is 0 when it is centered)

2. Plugging in a different, or another, wheel or joystick always makes the controller settings go whack, just reprogram them in LFS

3. You might be able to use an external program to program the joystick throttle to act as the arrow keys (brake bias).
#4 - Woz
Take it apart and take out the spring for the updown axis. Then it will not spring to centre
Quote from Woz :Take it apart and take out the spring for the updown axis. Then it will not spring to centre

That Joystick has only one spring right under the stick, so it won't work.
for the brake bias u can just set /press . and /press , on the alt/ctrl+f1-f8 buttons, and then configure the buttons on the buttons u want.
thanks ill try that...also does anyone know how to take the plastic handle of the joystick apart so i can adapt my own lever?
#8 - Woz
Sounds like DXTweak is your best bet. Just set so X (or Y depending on what you are using in only active from the central position out to one edge.
Here's how I used to do this:

press the calibrate button while the joystick is in center position, and pull it back all the way through, and return it to center. This should map the center-to-bottom travel as 0-100% for that axis. Then lock the axes.

Hope that helps.

Joystick Handbrake
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG