The online racing simulator

Poll : New start time or no?

-3 hours (18:00 CEST / 16:00 UTC / 12:00 EST)
-1 hour (20:00 CEST / 18:00 UTC / 14:00 EST)
No change (21:00 CEST / 19:00 UTC / 15:00 EST)
-2 hours (19:00 CEST / 17:00 UTC / 13:00 EST)
Should we move the start time back?
Hello, drivers!

In the interest of getting more eastern European teams into the series, and of getting some of you to bed a little earlier, we have been discussing moving the start time for our races back by 1-3 hours. So, we've decided to put up a poll/discussion thread to see what you all think.

This is a non-binding poll, solely to get an idea of the community response.

Please post with any and all opinions/suggestions.

Thanks!
I voted for -3 hours. I think it's a much better time for the people in Europe (at least for me). Mostly I'm going out in de weekend or have to work.. so an earlier start time should be perfect for me.
#3 - Gil07
-1 hour would be perfect, as I have to have dinner before the races
I'm for -1. Quite confused with DST in 3rd race, and I was content with start time of first two rounds.
With 2 small children that need to be shuttled back and forth from their weekend activities the 15:00 EST start time works out best for me. As it was I wasn't available until after 16:15 EST for round #3.
#6 - J.s.S
Hello to all you GT lovers!

3h earlier start time would definitely make the IGTC more appealing to us Finns (I'm quite sure that racing from 22:00 to 02:45 isn't something anyone would enjoy). If you decide to move the start time by 3 hours and there were free spots on the grid then we at n1Racing would be very much interested in taking part.
I voted -2, but -1 or -3 would be great too. An earlier start would be cool, especially over the summer when I might have things going on later in the day.
-2 or -3 works for me as I am unable at the moment to do the first stint in the race due to other leagues and I'm itching to have a go when it's all up close and personal.
One of our teamates works nights, and I'm not entirely sure he'd be able to compete much earlier in the day.

Any earlier would throw off my day significantly.

That said I'd still be able to compete regardless, but no change is my vote.
Voted for -2h. I think I won't have time to race in this series but still decided to vote, because I'd really like to see some finns participating... And after counting the hours a bit more precisely, I'd actually prefer -3h
Good luck with your season!
voted for -2 becaus then the race is finisht at 24:00 for me..
Quote from Rudy van Buren :voted for -2 becaus then the race is finisht at 24:00 for me..

Same too me, but we like it! Because my vote goes to "no change time".
I really don't mind but I voted for -2 so that I could have dinner in time
#14 - Weed
voted - 1hr here
Voted -1 hour. Any more than that is just silly for the UK
Voted "no change", because i have the opinion that we should never change the rulles in the midlle off the season, but i understand the idea off this topic, some people (eastern european drivers) finish the race very late .
I just want to be able to work on IGTC days, so I can make money to pay for my Macbook Pro. Selfish Answers FTW.
Quote from Bessa74 :Voted "no change", because i have the opinion that we should never change the rulles in the midlle off the season, but i understand the idea off this topic, some people (eastern european drivers) finish the race very late .

I think this would affect the next season only.
Quote from Primoz :I think this would affect the next season only.

It could go either way. We'd like to keep the grid full this season, and whatever gets that done while staying within our quality standards...

But if people are really split about it it might be better to wait till next season.
I wouldn't really call the start time a "rule", but it would be a shame to exclude certain teams mid season, even if it helps the field size.
Unless field size drops below 20 or so I don't think there is any need to change it this season, so hopefully this will come into effect next season.
Never the less, I voted for -3 hours, partly to appeal to more people (I'm a big fan of big grids), and partly so I can have my dinner after my 3 hour stint
Quote from Scott_Michaels :Never the less, I voted for -3 hours, partly to appeal to more people (I'm a big fan of big grids), and partly so I can have my dinner after my 3 hour stint

...but we have big grids anyway. -3 hours will just inconvenience as many people as it will appeal to others.

There is no need to change it at all this season, imo.
Take it into consideration for next season by all means, but don't make changes now that will see some people have to drop out mid season pls.
well if thats the case, then I voted for it so I can have my dinner after my stint
Quote from The Moose :...but we have big grids anyway. -3 hours will just inconvenience as many people as it will appeal to others.

There is no need to change it at all this season, imo.
Take it into consideration for next season by all means, but don't make changes now that will see some people have to drop out mid season pls.

The last time i checked Finalnd was the country with the second most registered drivers, only behind Germany. Imagine the amount of people benefitting from being able to sleep normally if you move the start time back :P
Quote from The Moose :Voted -1 hour. Any more than that is just silly for the UK

Hmm, why's that? At the moment an event runs from 2000 to 0045 for us in the UK. I don't really see how 1700 to 2145 or 1800 to 2245 would be so bad, especially when you consider that some people are having to drive until 0245 or even 0345.

If everybody votes for what they want, and not what they think the majority want then we'll get the most representative solution.
Quote from joshdifabio :If everybody votes for what they want, and not what they think the majority want then we'll get the most representative solution.

Yep.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG