The online racing simulator
LFS to adjust Logitech Profiler Settings?
Just noticed on the new Logitech G25 drivers (5.02) that there now is an option to "Allow Game to Adjust Settings" in the global device driver settings.
Ticking the box doesn’t seem to change any settings.

Currently , on changing car type , I change the degree of wheel turn in game to match the new vehicle , then shift+F4, double click on Logitech icon in the notification area , click options , global device settings ,then eventually change wheel degrees of rotation to same as game .

So can this new tick box be used to change degrees of rotation in the Logitech settings when changing in game?

edit http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs502.exe 32-bit
I'm guessing LFS would have to be updated to support this, would be cool if this came in with the next patch though.
Quote from UncleBenny :I'm guessing LFS would have to be updated to support this, would be cool if this came in with the next patch though.

Maybe its worth posting in Test patch or Improvment(less likely to be noticed by Scawen there though) area to notify Scawen about it while there are preparations for new official patch going?
This would be very useful G25/DFP users I guess...
#4 - STF
i have no idea if it`d work, but have you tried reinitialising the controller, after making the changes? (shift + C)
Wouldn't like to go so off topic in the test patch forum really.
Wasn't sure if it was an improvement suggestion topic as i didn't know if it worked already !
Had tried reinitialising and recalibrating with no luck
I'd say this is an improvement suggestion.
Quote from Turbo Dad :Currently , on changing car type , I change the degree of wheel turn in game to match the new vehicle , then shift+F4, double click on Logitech icon in the notification area , click options , global device settings ,then eventually change wheel degrees of rotation to same as game .

Why not just leave both LFS and the driver at 900° and set Wheel Turn Compensation to 1.0? Exactly the same except you lose the FFB soft-stops (something I would have thought would be trivial to add back in through LFS).
oh thats what wheel turn compen does then lol, i never have been able to work it out
I do like the force feedback stops , although the forces could be stronger.
reply from logitech
Dear Mr. Turbo Dad

Thank you for contacting Logitech's Electronic Technical Support.

I am escalating your case to my supervisor who will reply back to your e-mail within 4-5 business working days.

I thank you for your patience and co-operation.

If you have any additional questions regarding your product, please feel free to visit our website at http://www.logitech.com

Kind Regards,

Pratima Bhikale
Logitech Europe SA
European Customer Support
Reply from LFS Tech
No further response from Logitech yet , but our very own lfstech answered

Hi,

I don't think we've looked at the new drivers yet, so I don't really know what a game can control more than before. But it has been suggested to Logitech that a game should be able to adjust the lock, so yes, maybe that's possible to do now. We'll have to have a look first though, so I can't make any promises at this point.

Regards,

Victor van Vlaardingen

Lets keep our fingers crossed
Gosh this would transform some cars in LFS for me. Force feedback stops are something I really miss using wheel turn compensation.

Driving the MRT with proper force feedback stops would make catching slides so much easier!
+1 for sure
is there any improvements within this new version except that new box to tick ?
Quote from word. :Driving the MRT with proper force feedback stops would make catching slides so much easier!

Indeed, driving the MRT feels a little out of this planet without the ffb stop.
Reply From Logitech
Dear TD,

Thank you for contacting Logitech's Electronic Technical Support.

I am sorry for the delay in replying to your email. I understand that you would like to know function of the option “allow game to adjust settings”.

If the game supports change of degrees of rotation then this option would enable the game to change this feature.

Should you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to write back to me.

If you have any additional questions regarding your product, please feel free to visit our website at http://www.logitech.com

Kind Regards,

Maryjiji John
Logitech Europe SA
European Customer Support

SWEET

All down to the LFS team now
Anything new about this? Seeing as there are test patches around at the moment it might be a good time to implement it?
This is a must. It's already there, we just need to get it to run.
It would propably be a bit easier to implement if Logitech would say how to actually use the feature :dunce::smash3d:
Great developments! Actually before having to change it manually each time was really putting people off. I'm sure people who are not really into pc's and just use it for gaming would really get fed up.

Should simplify things a lot!
just googled for "allow game to adjust settings" and found this

http://www.answers-script.com/iracing/question.php?ID=79

Quote :"ALLOW GAME TO ADJUST SETTINGS" this is an email i received from Tom of the wingman team: This is a new feature. You know how much work it is to set up your wheel to work just right with a simulator? To set separate pedals and to adjust the wheel range? Everyone has to adjust those settings in the control panel (or Profiler), and then go back to their game and make the settings in the game match the ones that are set in the control panel. In 5.02, there is a new mechanism that allows games to ask for the current settings (such as: "Are the pedals combined or separate?"). A game can also adjust those settings, so for example, rFactor could adjust the steering angle to match the angle of the simulated car, or force separate pedals even if people forgot to turn on separate pedals. The idea is to make it easier for people and reduce the amount of setup work they have to do. Right now, there is no game shipping that makes used of this feature, but we hope that it will be used in future versions (or even patches of current sims). Of course, we understand that some people want to set up everything themselves. For those, we added a checkbox (the one you pointed out) which allows them to turn on or off this "autoconfiguration".

Not sure if its trustworthy but it's giving a clue about this setting for sure.
Good find
God, if that was implented in LFS, i was happy as hell :P .
Would be VERY nice.
#25 - Byku
Yeah, it would be awesome! Scawen ... pretty pretty please ...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG