The online racing simulator
Request to game developers [autox area size]
Hello all, this is a suggestion but i'm not sure if i should have posted here or in improvement suggestions... :

I have made so many tracks on the auto x editor on the auto x area that they fill the track selection page in game,

I race them all at least twice per week i think that its great to be able to sculpt my own tracks excatly as i want them,

I have created many of my fav. kart tracks in the UK on the editor, using google earth to get the length of straights and degree of corners just right, but all the way through making all these layouts i've always had the problem of space.

I spend alot of time at home, offline, pouring hours of patient time into my layouts, (that i can't host because my Internet isn't great enough & i dont have the knowledge),

but i always get to a stage where i have to re-work it a bit or change one corner becuase of space limits.

I know that the auto x area is not really meant to be that big, it's not a main feature of the game but im sure im not the only one with this problem and i'd love to see a bigger area in the future, either in a patch or in S3.

i can see a massive area that has a kart track in it and a few lorries oppositte the buildings that is accessable but not drivable, this could be a good sized place for layouts..?

the layout file sizes are not ig either, only a few kilobytes, with over 500 objects it takes under 20 seconds to load online, maybe an increase in object numbers too!

it's just my opinion based on my gaming, i don't want angry responses
Quote from james_bskt :Hello all, this is a suggestion but i'm not sure if i should have posted here or in improvement suggestions... :

I have made so many tracks on the auto x editor on the auto x area that they fill the track selection page in game,

I race them all at least twice per week i think that its great to be able to sculpt my own tracks excatly as i want them,

I have created many of my fav. kart tracks in the UK on the editor, using google earth to get the length of straights and degree of corners just right, but all the way through making all these layouts i've always had the problem of space.

I spend alot of time at home, offline, pouring hours of patient time into my layouts, (that i can't host because my Internet isn't great enough & i dont have the knowledge),

but i always get to a stage where i have to re-work it a bit or change one corner becuase of space limits.

I know that the auto x area is not really meant to be that big, it's not a main feature of the game but im sure im not the only one with this problem and i'd love to see a bigger area in the future, either in a patch or in S3.

i can see a massive area that has a kart track in it and a few lorries oppositte the buildings that is accessable but not drivable, this could be a good sized place for layouts..?

the layout file sizes are not ig either, only a few kilobytes, with over 500 objects it takes under 20 seconds to load online, maybe an increase in object numbers too!

it's just my opinion based on my gaming, i don't want angry responses

Has beign sugested before an move it to improvement sugestion becaus it a suggestion to improve something you think needs improvement

and for the two sugestion you made +1

Regars Chrisuu
Yeah, like that big pointless building gets deleted, and the rest of the grass becomes tarmac, so it's a square, not a square attached to a rectangle.

A bit like my drawing.

Quote : ------KEY------

GREY = Current Tarmac

Yellow = Proposed Tarmac

White: The grass and stuff round the edge

Attached images
AutoX new.jpg
I always liked the 'big pointless building.' I like how its not a square/rectangular area, but I agree it is quite small.
The building will stay!

Historic Blackwood Preservation Community will not tolerate any of this.

The Blackwood correctional facility is a true landmark of its age and era. Erasing this important part of Blackwoods history will be met with violence and result in loss of lives.

Choose some other building, like the hospital or the elderly house.

In the words of Mr. T:
"The jibba jabba stops here!"
What's this area got to do with Blackwood?
To quote the classic (?) Bob Smith;

"What's this area got to do with Blackwood?"
yeah

where does BL come in?

i have a feeling he was having loads of fun writing that post with all the realistic terms of how he loves that building so much, but now he's realized his mistake and is pretending he missed it i do it all the time...... haha

But i also like the building and grass, if you re - read my first post i said that the big slippy blank area where the kart track and lorries are would be a good place to extend.

Shift + U and have a look around, you'll see. set the start position at the far left corner on other side of the fence, and you can see how big (albeit slippy) that area is.
Better still: Glue all AU-tracks together and open the ports.
is this possible!? please tell me yes
Gekkibi - Isn't that what people have been asking for South City?

Anyway, isn't this the oldest suggestion in the book? What'll they be asking for next, skidmarks?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG