The online racing simulator
LFS Scenic Wallpaper/Promotion Collection
My first thread ever in general discussion section :wave2:

I've been inspired recently to put together an LFS Wallpaper and promotional pack for people who might want them. I've focused mainly on scenic/track images, shots which I think show off the LFS graphics nicely. Use them as wallpapers, for (LFS related) websites, print them out and hang them on your wall, or show them off to your scruffy non LFS playing friends. Just don't butter your toast with them

LFS mightn't be a screenshot generator, but it can generate lovely screenshots. Not too bad for a DX8 game.

The images are in 1920 X 1200.

PS/disclaimer: I've used the recent Bloom lighting mod for these images. I know some people hate bloom, but I think in this case at least they give the images a somewhat more photographic/promotional feel. There are some samples below which give an idea of what to expect in the collection, so try before you buy <ahem> download.

Hope you enjoy, and thanks
Ekar

Link is here

(Long live LFS!)
Attached images
LFS_Wallpaper_1.jpg
LFS_Wallpaper_2.jpg
LFS_Wallpaper_3.jpg
LFS_Wallpaper_4.jpg
LFS_Wallpaper_5.jpg
LFS_Wallpaper_6.jpg
LFS_Wallpaper_7.jpg
LFS_Wallpaper_8.jpg
Ok before reading your post i want to say one thing.

GO TO SLEEP YOU CRAZY AUSTRALIAN!

EDIT: Wth? Location: Istanbul, Turkey???

Traitor!
pure awesomeness? maybe?
Quote from Electrik Kar :My first thread ever in general discussion section :wave2:

I've been inspired recently to put together an LFS Wallpaper and promotional pack for people who might want them. I've focused mainly on scenic/track images, shots which I think show off the LFS graphics nicely. Use them as wallpapers, for (LFS related) websites, print them out and hang them on your wall, or show them off to your non LFS playing friends. Just don't butter your toast with them

LFS mightn't be a screenshot generator, but it can generate lovely screenshots. Not too bad for a DX8 game.

The images are in 1920 X 1200.

PS/disclaimer: I've used the recent Bloom lighting mod for these images. I know some people hate bloom, but I think in this case at least they give the images a more photographic/promotional feel. There are some samples below which give an idea of what to expect in the collection, so try before you buy <ahem> download.

Hope you enjoy, and thanks.
Ekar

Link is here

(Long live LFS!)

The crips qualaty is verry nice my uestion what kind of pc do u have that makes lfs look that pretty and hopefully run at good fps at same time can you give me some specs for when i by my pc in june??

Greets Chrisuu
Those 4 that are attached look very nice, especially Blackwood and Aston screenshots. Now downloading the pack.

I'm no big fan of bloom, the majority of the time it's 'overdone' which hurts my eyes, but these shots are subtle enough to just make everything that little bit more pretty.

Awesome stuff.

Edit: Just downloaded the pack. Some truly brilliant screenshots.

Pic #10 doesn't seem to load for me, I shall download it again and see if it works. I'll report back if it doesn't.

Edit2: Pic #10 definately isn't working for me. Anyone whos got it, can they attach it on here please?
Very great wallpapers ! Maybe You cold do some shots with 1 car on it for example ? Sunrise @ South City
#7 - Jakg
Quote from Chrisuu01 :The crips qualaty is verry nice my uestion what kind of pc do u have that makes lfs look that pretty and hopefully run at good fps at same time can you give me some specs for when i by my pc in june??

It's Mr. Kar's lovely textures and eyes for a good screenshot that make those pics look good, not LFS on high quality.

EDIT - EK, could you, at some point, upload ALL of your .dds files and skies? I would LOVE to use your work (without Bloom) and over the years my LFS folder has become more and more polluted with crap. Also, if you could find your original Blackwood Sky then I would love in you a heterosexual way.
#8 - aoun
Sunset in the City with an F1 car .
Got any versions without the LFS logo on them? These would make some purdy menu backgrounds
I'll think about doing a wallpaper pack too - 1 wallpaper for each track without any LFS logo.
Many thanks.
Quote from CobraDrifter :I'll think about doing a wallpaper pack too - 1 wallpaper for each track without any LFS logo.

Get 12 superb screenshots and make a calendar. I'm sure the Devs would think about selling them as LFS Merchandise. Worth the thought atleast.
I vote for that! maybe have some cars on it aswell?
Quote :Got any versions without the LFS logo on them? These would make some purdy menu backgrounds

Yep, sure. Just give us some time and I'll send them off for you.

Quote :Maybe You cold do some shots with 1 car on it for example ? Sunrise @ South City

The main reason I didn't include many car shots is that I've just re-installed LFS on a new system and my old skins folder didn't make the transition. I figured I'd want to use high-res skins (perhaps 2048X2048) if I was going to muck around with having cars. So I'm not set up for that yet. I'll definitely want to do a more car/action oriented collection soon.

Also, I wanted to get some feedback from people on what they'd like to see in a future collection. I know anyone can take they're own shots, but maybe not everyone has the time or inclination for that, perhaps they would rather grab some nice images quickly from the web- that's really the purpose here. I like taking the time to line up/compose a shot properly- it's kind of a hobby, so I'm happy to take requests/considerations for any future collection.

Quote :The crips qualaty is verry nice my uestion what kind of pc do u have that makes lfs look that pretty and hopefully run at good fps at same time can you give me some specs for when i by my pc in june??

You should be fine with any modern system, especially something built for gaming. I'd probably recommend atleast a Core2 CPU, and if you're planning on running LFS in high-res (eg, 1920x1200), then I'd look into perhaps an 8xxx series nVidia card or the ATI equivalent (my new system's card is a geForce 8800 GTS 512). LFS will still look good on a system below those specs, for sure.

Quote :Edit2: Pic #10 definately isn't working for me. Anyone whos got it, can they attach it on here please?

I just checked and the problem's at my end. I'll fix it up shortly- you can just grab it off the forum here for now.
Attached images
LFS_Wallpaper_10.jpg
Quote from Electrik Kar :I just checked and the problem's at my end. I'll fix it up shortly- you can just grab it off the forum here for now.

Thank you. Another tasty one.

As others have said, I too am looking forward to when you're able to take some action shots.
Very nice, EK!

How about making use of LFS slogans (the online racing simulator. / No arcade modes, no steering aids. YOU have to do the driving.) and printing the full website address?

Last summer I was promoting LFS at my local kart track and I'm planning to do the same thing this summer. I've got permission to put up some posters and I'm thinking some more info on them wouldn't hurt. What do you think?
#17 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :EDIT - EK, could you, at some point, upload ALL of your .dds files and skies? I would LOVE to use your work (without Bloom) and over the years my LFS folder has become more and more polluted with crap. Also, if you could find your original Blackwood Sky then I would love in you a heterosexual way.

Just thought i'd quote myself in case you missed it.
great work man awesome pictures.
the blur are prob a bit too much it hurt my eyes =P
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :the blur are prob a bit too much it hurt my eyes =P

The wallpapers and scenes are awesome, but really, the bloom is hurting me.. Ekar, you've played too much with that, drop that shiyyyaatt, it's not good for your health..
Quote from Boris Lozac :The wallpapers and scenes are awesome, but really, the bloom is hurting me.. Ekar, you've played too much with that, drop that shiyyyaatt, it's not good for your health..

What's everyones problem with bloom? Ok sure it can be overdone and give really ethereal glow to everything which is totally unrealistic but in small amounts it makes images look far more real. When was the last time you looked in to the sky and saw dull and sharply deliniated clouds? Real clouds are (mostly) soft around the edges and often have at least a little glow to them.
Quote :Just thought i'd quote myself in case you missed it.

Haha, Jakg- you keep losing that sky don't you Maybe it's fate? Just let it go son, let it go...

Apologies, I don't have it anymore. I'm sure someone here does though..

Quote :How about making use of LFS slogans (the online racing simulator. / No arcade modes, no steering aids. YOU have to do the driving.) and printing the full website address?

Last summer I was promoting LFS at my local kart track and I'm planning to do the same thing this summer. I've got permission to put up some posters and I'm thinking some more info on them wouldn't hurt. What do you think?

I'd like to do that. Maybe you could give us size dimensions, and I'll see what I can come up with.
#22 - Jakg
Yeah I know I loved it to bits...

Please upload your whole DDS folder?
i think you took most of the pics too late , the cars are allready out of view
Me likes that
Ok, I've re-uploaded the wallpapers, with the fixed number 10, and added an extra South City pic in cloudy conditions.
Attached images
LFS_Wallpaper_15.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG