The online racing simulator
SetComp - Comparing Setups
(7 posts, started )
Hi folks!

Some of You may have noticed the other thread over here:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=41804
that concerns a php-script I made for comparing (+ editing and saving) setups.

Well, You might be interested in the windows-exe-version I made out of that.

What it does:
- shows any relevant data for the chosen setup (only data supported by the car and currently selected)
- once loaded any setup may be changed and saved with the changed values
- Two setups can be loaded one beneath another, though making it easy to compare both.

Though it seems to work quite well, there may of course be some bugs as this is the very first Windows-prog I've ever made

UPDATED zip-file (v0.55) here:
http://jallaland.de/uploads/SetComp_0.55.zip

Anything should be self-explaining, if not, feel free to ask!

I'll appreciate any feedback and bugreport

greetings,
avetere

--------------------------
Changelog:

v0.55 (20.04.2008)

added features:
- tabbed view as default
- ico for exe-file

changes:
- alteres view for gear ration in full view

fixes:
minor typos

#############################
v0.5 (18.04.2008)

initial release
Hey Avetere,

Great stuff, you did it . One Suggestion if I may, adding some scrollbar's may help those who dont have larger screens, or.. those who have widescreen monitors

I find no bugs tho, excellent again
Quote from mkinnov8 :HOne Suggestion if I may, adding some scrollbar's may help

good point ... I even had them in but temporarily killed them for testing purposes ... seems I forgot to reinclude them ...
will be done in next ver.
Pretty neatly done that. Does the job it aims to do. After a quick check, you seem to have limited all the options appropriately - I know what a PITA that is.

Valid point with the form size - and I get complaints that VHPA is too big! Similarly, I am unsure of the usefulness of resizing the form.

Noticed a typo - there is no space between "brake" and "strength"

Idea - where possible, show the relative difference between the sets, e.g. +5 kPa tyre pressure, etc

*gg* thanks ... that huge form is the thing I am also unhappy about ...
those relative differences are a nice idea! I'm afraid they won't fit in the actual form though.
But I#m currently working on an alternative form using a tabbed layout ... maybe there they would fit well
Done that alternative GUI. Now app starts in tabbed view by default, ful view can however be selected.
Minor issue: loaded setups are not loaded upon form-change (yet).

I didn't include thar relative defference yet, though ... still have to evaluate where to put them

see first post for updates zip-file ...
Quote from avetere :those relative differences are a nice idea! I'm afraid they won't fit in the actual form though.

Well, there's loads of room now.
Nice tabbed interface.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG