The online racing simulator
Individual settings for each car
Please forgive me if this has been already suggested, but I've had this thing on my heart for ages.

It would be nice, if the game automatically saved different settings for each car , for example:

- Force Feedback Strength
- Wheel Turn Compensation
With XFR I like to have ~40% FF strength and wheel turn compensation 70, but single seaters are "impossible" to drive with these settings, for them the values are more like FF ~80%, compensation 50.

- Mirror Positions
- Field Of Vision
FOV, for example is the same. Open wheelers need small FOV (so the cars in mirror are noticeable), but other cars need bigger FOV (like 90+) to catch the immersion and bring the left mirror to the view.

- Keys
Some people also want realism here, such as paddles for open wheelers, shift knob for others.

- Transmission and driving helps, etc..
Beginners would love to have throttle help with cars that need it.

I know I can change the settings individually for each car, but when the game has this much of cars with such a variety, it becomes hard to remember every car's settings, and you have to drive few laps just to get 'em right.

Saving the settings into a file would help driving at your friend's computer, you wouldn't have to mess his settings, just replace the car(s) settings file(s) with your own.

I think, that when multi-monitor support gets better, this improvement will be even more needed.

Hope you understood me right, and if you did, please let me know your opinion, and also tell the world what I forgot to mention : )
I must agree. Changing FOV and FF each time i change car its quite anoying. It will be enough if each car could store this kind of information into a txt file for easy editing.
Agree, would be nice to have this..
#4 - KTy
Absolutely agree!
Excellent suggestions here, and some of them may have been suggested before like the shifting using paddles for open wheelers and gear shifter for road cars, but you have made a nice list of everything that would be nice to have set for each car. I don't change FOV at all for different cars, I use 65% for all, but I do find myself constantly messing with the FF strength. I know what I like in the FZR as I drive that the most, but then if I get in a different car, I end up messing around with < > way too much, only to run a few races then jump out and into another server running different cars and mess around with FF again. I was also thinking as I'd like to build a 6 speed shifter, that it would be nice to have the open wheel cars set to us the paddles as sequential rather than 6 speed. I never thought of changing the wheel turn compensation, perhaps that's my steering control problem and high times in the FOX and why I don't like it, hmmm.
Quote from mrodgers :I never thought of changing the wheel turn compensation, perhaps that's my steering control problem and high times in the FOX and why I don't like it, hmmm.

Well, I think that it has to matter since we have to control cars with steering radius' from ~300° (open whelers) to ~900° (road cars) with a wheel that turns less than 300° (Besides you lucky bastards who own a DFP).
#8 - axus
+1
+1 and if we're going to have this it would be nice to have a own setting page for this. Simply with cars names, "use different settings" ON/OFF and then a button to change those settings. This way you would easily control settings for every car.
nice idea
And since the G25 even more important
Surely we could just have a few more script commands such as /fov, /throttlehelp, /brakehelp.
Who can disagree with these suggestions? +1 all the way
Quote from duke_toaster :Surely we could just have a few more script commands such as /fov, /throttlehelp, /brakehelp.

Don't quote me on that, but I think those three are already available for scripting...
I agree with that good idea.

+1
+1
I like different fovs in cars
I agree but is this really possible?
Wish this was already impemented from S1. +infinity
I like this idea. I'm always changing FOV for different cars. Surely it can be done, just look at the custom views option. They get stored for each car.

Big +1 from me.
#20 - wark
+1 pleeeeeeeease!
Absolutely agree to this.. Great idea. I'm sick of changing settings in option menu. They should all be set in car setup, and saved there. Come to think of it. I'd love:

In Car setups. I'd like to see, an option to only view setups of Track of my choice (drop down), and car of my choice (Drop down). Then the list displayed, is all the setups for that car on that track. It also gives me the option to take one from another track. Yes thats there now. But its confusing. Be so much simpler this way.

Ven
Id like to add a +1 to this. Since the patch where we cant use H shifters for open wheel cars, I like for LFS to remember that I use sequential gears for these cars and H shifter for the others, so I dont have to change them myself. Like the way custom view is done only with controls.
Great idea - just hope it will be in a future release!
Quote from DratsaB :Id like to add a +1 to this. Since the patch where we cant use H shifters for open wheel cars, I like for LFS to remember that I use sequential gears for these cars and H shifter for the others, so I dont have to change them myself. Like the way custom view is done only with controls.

It already does

If you leave it in Shifter mode, it will use that in the applicable cars and use the sequential controls on the cars where you can't use H.
+100

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG