The online racing simulator
#1 - KTy
Associate to each car a controller setup
Hi,

I would like to see an extra "entry" in a car setup or associates directly to a type of car; it is what controller configuration to use...

Reason is simple;

I have an Act Labs wheel, with clutch and gearstick, I would like that when I'm driving a "street" car (GTi, UF,...) LFS switch to the controller configuration type "1" (or associates with Gti, UF,...) with manual clutch, manual gearstick,...etc.

In another hand, if I'm driving a racing car, I would prefer that automatically I switch to controller configuration type "2" (or associates with car yyyy) so that I have semi automatic gears "behind my wheel".

Last example, if I'm driving a rally car (like a WRC one), I want semi automatic gears, automatic clutch and handbrake associate with my gearstick....etc !

By default, all cars could be associated to one profile and then we could have the choice to define wich controller setup is used with wich cars...

My 2cents

KTy
#2 - herki
i almost completely agree with you but about this one
Quote from KTy :
Last example, if I'm driving a rally car (like a WRC one), I want semi automatic gears, automatic clutch and handbrake associate with my gearstick....etc !

i would rather have a better gearbox simulation, where you can shift without using the clutch on sequential shifted cars
#3 - KTy
Quote from herki :
i would rather have a better gearbox simulation, where you can shift without using the clutch on sequential shifted cars

Scawen, it's up to you
So basically "Different controls for different cars" is what you (and many others want). Probably the DFP users would laav this. But I'm MS sidewinder user so I don't care
I agree with this too.
Quote from herki :i almost completely agree with you but about this one

Atleast upshifting works, you just need to lift, but no clutching is needed. And I have not tested it myself, but downshifting might work too if you do some trickery like in a real car, match revs or something like that.
#6 - KTy
Quote from Hyperactive :So basically "Different controls for different cars" is what you (and many others want). Probably the DFP users would laav this. But I'm MS sidewinder user so I don't care

Yes, but inside LFS !
#7 - herki
Quote from geeman1 :
Atleast upshifting works, you just need to lift, but no clutching is needed. And I have not tested it myself, but downshifting might work too if you do some trickery like in a real car, match revs or something like that.

upshifting is way to slow without clutch, downshifting works fine with LFB, i do that in big-engined rwd-cars like the fo8

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG