The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you want an on/off option for shortcuts (eg. shift+s) on cruise servers?

Yes
No
On/Off Option for Shortcuts (eg. shift+s) on cruise servers???
I constaintly see people do shift+s (spectate) or shift+p (pit) and loose nearly everything they had in cruise servers (including me :P)...

I had an idea when the y patch was released and came with a "cruise" option when making a host, what if in the lfs options had a on/off option for shortcuts on cruise servers?

Basically:
For "cruise" servers only.
Stuff like shift+s and shift+p could be turned on or off in the Live For Speed options, but it only affects the cruise servers so they don't get fined heaps every time you accidently press a shortcut

Possible Accidents Which Cause People To Accidently Hit A Shortcut:
1. Didn't click "t" (to send a message) and went to do a capital S or P which equals shift+s or shift+p.
2. Went to go shift+o for options and accidently pressed shift+p for pits

Please vote
#2 - dev
I'd like to see that on race servers, not just cruise...
Quote from dev :I'd like to see that on race servers, not just cruise...

this could cause problems to "angry racers" they don't want that gone because they might crash into you if you don't pit fast enough, and then there is problems because some people get very angry easily :P
yh and have it so especcially the pit shortcut only works when in the confines of your pit garage and maybe same with spectate witch is usefuk on both cruise servers and race servers to add realism although they should be able to be set seperatly to help stop people who crash ona non mid race join server joining back in and so people who hve crashes can still spectate

if you get what im saying lol
#5 - dev
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :this could cause problems to "angry racers" they don't want that gone because they might crash into you if you don't pit fast enough, and then there is problems because some people get very angry easily :P

That's their problem not mine :P
If they can't avoid you if you're "stranded" in the middle of track then that's their problem, not yours. Remember, you're the one who's (virtually at least) had a life-threatening crash.
#8 - jmari
i vote YES but for all servers
Thankyou all :)
this is going great guys and girls, thanks for voting
Hope the lfs team can program it in
yh for race avents it would add alot more realism by having a car stranded on its roof and the ' marshalls' having to rescue it bringing out the saftey car, but an admin would still be able to spec the person after the crash to virtually rescue the car
Quote from dev :That's their problem not mine :P

That's quite a valid point there. I don't see cars dissappearing in real life races too often either
Yesss
Pointless IMO.
I don't really understand what this thread is about and was curious so can someone try explaining it? I can see its something about telepitting and spectating, is it about being able to turn this off, if so I vote YES lets allow the admins to control whether telepits / spectate is allowed... It would make video editing easier as people don't just disappear into thin air.

About the dodging the crash, people from behind need to respect yellow flags and drive at safe distances, a lot of times you can see that the car ahead of you is not confident enough through a corner so you have time to slow down and react, there are times obviously where someone just spins in front and you can't do anything about it since its racing, it happens in real life... and people just need to obey yellow flags and slow down for the accident.
Quote from blackbird04217 :I don't really understand what this thread is about and was curious so can someone try explaining it? I can see its something about telepitting and spectating, is it about being able to turn this off, if so I vote YES lets allow the admins to control whether telepits / spectate is allowed... It would make video editing easier as people don't just disappear into thin air.

About the dodging the crash, people from behind need to respect yellow flags and drive at safe distances, a lot of times you can see that the car ahead of you is not confident enough through a corner so you have time to slow down and react, there are times obviously where someone just spins in front and you can't do anything about it since its racing, it happens in real life... and people just need to obey yellow flags and slow down for the accident.

it was just a little thing for "cruise" servers only... stuff like shift+s and shift+p could be able to be turned on or off... but it only affects the cruise servers so they don't get fined heaps :P
Quote :I don't really understand what this thread is about and was curious so can someone try explaining it? I can see its something about telepitting and spectating, is it about being able to turn this off, if so I vote YES lets allow the admins to control whether telepits / spectate is allowed... It would make video editing easier as people don't just disappear into thin air.

i totally agree with you hear

as for why those people said no, probably something to do with the mention of it being for cruise servers but imo it is actually more at use for race servers and more specifically leauges, and i certainly dont think its useless
i voted yes, it sure IS annoying if you accidentaly press shift+s/shift+p, and the cruise servers won't give a refund for it, which means you will lose money, where you worked the hell for...so ofcourse, my vote is YES
I don't see how you can "accidently" hits shift s or shift p, unless you have it mapped to the wheel.
I can see out of instinct pressing shift-s / shift-p due to loads of pick 'em up races where its quite acceptable to do so. But during league racing I don't like people spectating or pitting due to my post above. I could care less if its ruining peoples money in a cruise server, IMO thats there problem and they can quickly learn to break that habit due to the consequences. Some leagues have consequences for it as well, but I do think it would be a useful option...
Yeah, i voted, YES, because it is very very easy to press it by mistake when you are touch typing, and if you hit maybe 'y' instead of 't' and then your sentance starts with a capital 'S' you might have a problem.
+1... I think this was suggested before though :S
Possible Accidents
Quote from blackbird04217 :I can see out of instinct pressing shift-s / shift-p due to loads of pick 'em up races where its quite acceptable to do so. But during league racing I don't like people spectating or pitting due to my post above. I could care less if its ruining peoples money in a cruise server, IMO thats there problem and they can quickly learn to break that habit due to the consequences. Some leagues have consequences for it as well, but I do think it would be a useful option...

Possible Accidents Which Cause People To Accidently Hit A Shortcut:
1. Didn't click "t" (to send a message) and went to do a capital S or P which equals shift+s or shift+p.
2. Went to go shift+o for options and accidently pressed shift+p for pits

Does that answer your question?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG