The online racing simulator
LOTA GTCC - Race 2 - Last two laps onboard
(17 posts, started )
after seeing the parody movie made about the closest finish on here, it reminded me of Race 2 of the LOTA GTCC, and how ZoltUSA and I had a drag race at the end of the race. so, i made a movie showing the last two laps of the race from the roof camera of my car, plus some other shots of the finish line.

HQ (5:30, 100MB DivX): http://files.filefront.com/GTC ... i/;9978515;/fileinfo.html
LQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2SIiYTYeqg

i would recommend the HQ one, as youtube almost always destroys the quality if you didn't output the video in their format in the first place.
Great finish, really close. Nice driving there
Nice finish....
Damn that was close.. nice vid.
You should totally post this on the LOTA Media Youtube page! Nice to see someone coming out with some media! Good job, see ya on the track.

And BTW... DAMN THAT WAS CLOSE!
Damn that was a nice battle! He took you in the corners, you took him on the straights! Sweet!
Quote from BigTime :You should totally post this on the LOTA Media Youtube page! Nice to see someone coming out with some media! Good job, see ya on the track.

And BTW... DAMN THAT WAS CLOSE!

i'd have to reupload the video to the LOTA media page right? i'd say go ahead and download the highres one, and upload it to the LOTA media page, as i'm sure you've only allowed certain people to upload it. otherwise, if you can show me how to either copy or move the video, that'd be cool.

thanks for the compliments guys. it was a very fun race. both ZoltUSA and I were involved in a Lap 1 Turn 1 incident, and subsequently came out of that last place. so we both had a good fight to get up to 6th place, but it only got better once i caught up to him those last two laps. for the LOTA GTCC, there are series-wide intake and ballast restrictions, to increase the competition. he was running less intake and ballast than me, but it did seem that i had more speed on the straights, probably because of the XRR maybe.
Nice pass, Burnsy. Set him up perfectly.
Quote from burnsy1882 :i'd have to reupload the video to the LOTA media page right? i'd say go ahead and download the highres one, and upload it to the LOTA media page, as i'm sure you've only allowed certain people to upload it. otherwise, if you can show me how to either copy or move the video, that'd be cool.

Yeah I think I could probably do that some time tonight. Also depending upon what some of the officials think, I might just give you access to the youtube page for future projects.
Quote from BigTime :Yeah I think I could probably do that some time tonight. Also depending upon what some of the officials think, I might just give you access to the youtube page for future projects.

no need for that, probably just a once in a while thing of making a video. besides, yours always come out completely awesome, no matter the subject.
Quote from burnsy1882 :no need for that, probably just a once in a while thing of making a video. besides, yours always come out completely awesome, no matter the subject.

True, but we could be doing stuff that I would rather not discuss on the forum... It doesn't have to look quite as fancy but it would probably do more for us in the long run than anything else. I'll pm you shortly.
Your differential settings sound and look a little weird, I'm sure you're losing a lot of time each lap because of it.

Good race though, although you could of probably taken him a lap sooner if you had only waited a little longer.
Quote from Rooble :Your differential settings sound and look a little weird, I'm sure you're losing a lot of time each lap because of it.

Good race though, although you could of probably taken him a lap sooner if you had only waited a little longer.

that's the Clutch Pack LSD for ya. i find that i like it a lot, allows me to get on the power as soon as i can, without drifting the car too much. specifically, it's 45%/65% and i vary the preload based on testing at the track. although, yes, i'm sure i am loosing a bit of time whenever i hit the curbs and spin the inside wheel.
Quote from burnsy1882 :that's the Clutch Pack LSD for ya. i find that i like it a lot, allows me to get on the power as soon as i can, without drifting the car too much. specifically, it's 45%/65% and i vary the preload based on testing at the track. although, yes, i'm sure i am loosing a bit of time whenever i hit the curbs and spin the inside wheel.

I've always been a locked diff guy myself, although the clutch packs seem to do quite good in patch Y... In that case I would try to fix that inside rotation a little though.
then i spin out . i think the set's as far as i can get it to be stable and fast for me. i'm sure someone else could take the same set, no changes, and blitz my time, or change something small and also blitz my time. but meh, hey, i beat Zolt, that's all that matters .
Quote from burnsy1882 :then i spin out . i think the set's as far as i can get it to be stable and fast for me. i'm sure someone else could take the same set, no changes, and blitz my time, or change something small and also blitz my time. but meh, hey, i beat Zolt, that's all that matters .

Well racing is all about pushing the car as hard as you can and if thats what it takes, then keep doing it! Nice attitude there Burns.
Just like in FOX's video, where ppl said that you should show it to all those who ask is S2 worth it, I think this video can show it too. This stuff shows why GTR's are so popular latelly. It's like in XFG but on much higher speed (with more adrenalin). There is only 1 pass, but chasing, FXR's guy blocking and your lift offs were just excellent.
Thanks for sharing

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG