The online racing simulator
G25 Help! Where does this part go?
Hello!

My G25 started to smell of burning plastic (right over the "top left exhaust") some days ago...
I thought that something was overheating, probably the ffb motor, and burning some plastic that made contact with it or something like that.

So I stupidly decided to open it up and see what was up.
I thought that maybe I could use it without the "cover" to try and ease the temperature (If it wasn't anything contacting anything, just the plain old motor overheating by itself) of the wheel and get rid off that smell/danger of flaming fail.

Some time ago I opened up a MOMO without any problems and that's pretty much all my "experience" with this kind of thing.

After I removed the screws I realized that I would need to remove those 6 screws on the wheel itself and since I ain't got that many screwdrivers (seriously) at hand I decided to close it back up and stop messing with it. I would try again with the proper tools at hand...

But then, not only I wasn't able to reassemble the wheel (maybe something was out of place cause of the opening of the cover or something else?, I don't know)... a part of it came flying off of the cover!!

Now, from the very few pictures of a G25 without it's cover I couldn't locate where does that part go?

Since you guys are pretty knowledgeable on these matters... is there any kind of tutorial with pictures as to disassembling and reassembling a G25?

Will I be able to put it back to working conditions again (even if I can't get rid of that damn smell - which isn't a very auspicious thing at all)?

Can anyone please help me with this?
I'm really lost here.

Any kind at all of help is REALLY appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

PS: My english is very poor so if anything isn't clear enough please just point it out and I"ll try to clarify it.
Attached images
Presilha G25.jpg
lol, i had the same problem when i opened mine up, took me 3 hours to work out where it went, i coulcnt find any info on the net as to its location. lession learnt, DO NOT TAKE OFF THE SCREWS THAT HOLD THE MOTORS. ....if you look at teh bottom of the plastic casing, under the cogged rail (??), there is a groove. it goes in that groove, i cant remember which way, but i think its tips of the spring facing down, its been a while since i opened it up so its the best description i can give. It basically puts tension on the cogs....if you can't work it out, post a pic of the internals and ill mark where it goes Also make sure the cogs and rail (best description i can think of it) is centered up before you put it back together to make sure your steering centres and turns properly.

and yes i got mine to working condition so you can do it too
Quote from Rotatox :lol, i had the same problem when i opened mine up, took me 3 hours to work out where it went, i coulcnt find any info on the net as to its location. lession learnt, DO NOT TAKE OFF THE SCREWS THAT HOLD THE MOTORS. ....if you look at teh bottom of the plastic casing, under the cogged rail (??), there is a groove. it goes in that groove, i cant remember which way, but i think its tips of the spring facing down, its been a while since i opened it up so its the best description i can give. It basically puts tension on the cogs....if you can't work it out, post a pic of the internals and ill mark where it goes Also make sure the cogs and rail (best description i can think of it) is centered up before you put it back together to make sure your steering centres and turns properly.

and yes i got mine to working condition so you can do it too

Jesus Christ.
That was fast!

It figures... Live for Speed eh, eh eh ( lol )

Thanks a lot man, I think I know where you mean it should go. And yeah I couldn't find a single picture where it shows itself on the internet. Sneaky part!

Which screws are the motor ones by the way?

Anyway now I've got get some allen keys and open up the wheel all the way, right?

Cause even If i managed to put that part on it's place without opening it I think the wheel now is only "stopping" (hittin' it's "limit") on one side, the left one, while on the right side it just "clicks" and keeps on turning forever...

So it should be a matter of opening it up (will it throw more mistery pieces to me when I remove the wheel from the base? ) "centering" the "stuff" and closing it up?

How much precision is needed for that "centering part"?
Or maybe it's just a matter of setting the parts between some limits (mechanical) and that's it, later on the wheel calibrates itself... ?

Again, thanks a bunch.
i think i turned the wheel all the way to one side, then put the cog onto the rail, then checked to see the wheel ended up in the right place when turned the full rotation in the opposite direction with no extra teeth, took a couple of goes but it was ok.

When opening the case i did the same as you it looks like, took of all visible screws. Unfortunately the 2 (or 4??) screws towards teh front of the base (closest to driver) can stay stay in and still allows you to open the casing, but prevents that spring from popping out. Seeing you know where it goes now, shouldnt be a problem no more

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG