The online racing simulator
Runway Strip
(38 posts, started )

Poll : Would you like to have a bigger drag strip?

Yes
No
Runway Strip
I think drag can be fun when testing cars, and reaction times against friends.

I think the drag strips is a little short when wanting to test out the top speed of the car.

I think they should make something the length of a runway (maybe 2miles long) where we can really see our cars performance.

Take part in pol, and post a reply... Think it sucks voting with no reason for the vote.
I say it doenst hurt to have somthing like that i would eactualy love to test ore make a GYmkawa course out of it

So for me its Big fat +1
Suggested before :P
But still +1

No, we don't need top speed courses, huge long runways, or anything else similar. What are you going to do with it once you've maxed each car? And how many minutes of entertainment will that provide in exchange for the hours spent building the environment (time that could be spent building proper tracks & environments)?
Yep. Drag-racing is boring enough, and it only takes 0.25 miles. It would be really boring to press the gas for 5 miles. Only reason I would think of is that you can use it when creating setups. Then again, it would be much more informative to test-drive your setups on a track.

So, -1 from me if you can't convince me with fresh ideas.
There wasn't an "I don't care" option, so I voted yes
And btw, 2 miles can also be quite short if you want to chase the ultimate top speed of the car.
+1 from me

It can be used as a bigger autoX area too ^.^
Maybe as part of an airfield circuit a la Thruxton?
Quote from STROBE :-1

No, we don't need top speed courses, huge long runways, or anything else similar. What are you going to do with it once you've maxed each car? And how many minutes of entertainment will that provide in exchange for the hours spent building the environment (time that could be spent building proper tracks & environments)?

Better question is "how much entertainment versus the few hours it takes to build such a track?"

+1 for me. It's a minor addition but by virtue of its simplicity, it's worth adding... Personaly, I'd like a salt flats track, not just a straight line of tarmac.
Both would be really cool: one extra large autocross area with rough ground to imitate a large airfield, and an infinite area like the Utah salt flats.. Both would have unique environments. The first could be very green like the Top Gear airstrip, the second would be like the salt flats which is like nothing in LFS so far.
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=salt%20flats&w=all
+1
It should be fairly easy to add to the game by the devs, and I like the idea of beeing able finally know the top speed of the cars. Of course we can use gear-calculating programs, but it just isn`t the same thing.
Quote from The Very End :+1
It should be fairly easy to add to the game by the devs, and I like the idea of beeing able finally know the top speed of the cars. Of course we can use gear-calculating programs, but it just isn`t the same thing.

You can have top-speeds (With some margin of error, of course) when driving on oval.
Quote from Gekkibi :You can have top-speeds (With some margin of error, of course) when driving on oval.

No you cannot

I voted yes so +1 for me
You can have close to the top speed yes, but the straights are too short, so you canot reach top speed in the most cars on oval
Quote from The Very End :You can have close to the top speed yes, but the straights are too short, so you canot reach top speed in the most cars on oval

That's why I said there is a margin of error. Why would you need to know speed you can't use in any track? Nice-to-know -things?
You can get the top speed from VHPA.
No need for a runway.
i think it will not hurt to anybody .. so +1 .
Yes, because as others have said it shouldn't be too hard, and it's good for making setups, (or could help atleast to get the perfect gear ratios)... +1
Perfect gear ratios for what? Driving flat out for miles in a straight line?
No but you will get a vague idea.. if you are starting from default.
+1 the oval isn't long enough
So let me get this straight.

You want Eric to drop everything and make a long runway instead of the new interiors, a new track, updated old tracks, a new car or something or other?
Quote from March Hare :So let me get this straight.

You want Eric to drop everything and make a long runway instead of the new interiors, a new track, updated old tracks, a new car or something or other?

Tbh, what has he done the last years? 1 new car and some updates to the old tracks on all that time? :/
And don`t get me wrong, this is not crtism, I just want feedback on what has actually been done since 2005.
Quote from March Hare :So let me get this straight.

Who said anything about Eric dropping what he's doing to do this, rather than doing it whenever his schedule allows it? If you had this straight, you'd have understood that making such a long runway is about as simple as making the quarter mile track we have now.

A big airstrip autocross track would be a lot of fun, regardless of whether you like to drift, autocross, race like on Top Gear's track, or just push cars as fast as they'll go along the long runway.
With an infinite (except for some subtle motion effect from the surrounding mountains) track set in the country side like the Utah salt flats, you'd need just the mountain backdrop, a nice salt lake texture, some nice-ish salt dust effects, and viola!
Quote from Breizh :Who said anything about Eric dropping what he's doing to do this, rather than doing it whenever his schedule allows it? If you had this straight, you'd have understood that making such a long runway is about as simple as making the quarter mile track we have now.

A big airstrip autocross track would be a lot of fun, regardless of whether you like to drift, autocross, race like on Top Gear's track, or just push cars as fast as they'll go along the long runway.
With an infinite (except for some subtle motion effect from the surrounding mountains) track set in the country side like the Utah salt flats, you'd need just the mountain backdrop, a nice salt lake texture, some nice-ish salt dust effects, and viola!

Yes, even I don`t know much about game limitations it shouldn't be that hard making a big area. What would take time would be the textures, maybe if community could help? The best textures were used on the track / area.
Just a thought tho.

Runway Strip
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG