The online racing simulator
Every SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY! Racing!
I had a ton of fun Easter weekend...so I was thinkin'...

What about having a big race every Saturday or Sunday?
I think it should be Sunday, along with Nascar, to get everyone in the mood.

...Kind of like a 'for fun' Kyoto 125 every weekend...at a certain time. It might get pretty big.

I'd be up for it...I need the practice.

We'd need a Marshall and a SC driver. That wouldnt be too tough. We had a ton of people volunteer for the last one.

Maybe we could call it...
"The Kyoto Series"

~Q~
#2 - J@tko
Well, I havn't got the time ATM to do it, but if you/Deko/Joe/someone else wanted to do it, then you have the basis, we can provide a server e.t.c

You could have a different car each week e.t.c or something like that.

What do you and other people think?
Love the idea!

@deko i call race control/marshall!

Also was thinking about switching the DR server to kyoto ring with FO8s to get some laps in so join in tommarow.
Its an ok idea but i'd prefer it to be just 'fun' races rather than something that is heavily organised. If you see what I mean
Quote from JO53PHS :Its an ok idea but i'd prefer it to be just 'fun' races rather than something that is heavily organised. If you see what I mean

If it gets heavily organized (no offence) but it will probably end up like the 250.
Quote from NtrlBrnRacer :If it gets heavily organized (no offence) but it will probably end up like the 250.

That's exactly my point (kinda). I want it so that the 250 is still a big, yearly event, rather than it being "Oh, just another oval race".

I would like it as a 125, but simply on a turn up and drive basis
Quote from JO53PHS :That's exactly my point (kinda). I want it so that the 250 is still a big, yearly event, rather than it being "Oh, just another oval race".

Maybe we can do little 50 or 100 lappers?
#8 - J@tko
Quote from NtrlBrnRacer :Maybe we can do little 50 or 100 lappers?

Or it depends on the cars

100 laps = 190 miles
50 laps = 95 miles
Quote from J@tko :Or it depends on the cars

100 laps = 190 miles
50 laps = 95 miles

Well he is talking about the XRT i thought.
Quote from J@tko :Well, I havn't got the time ATM to do it, but if you/Deko/Joe/someone else wanted to do it, then you have the basis, we can provide a server e.t.c

You could have a different car each week e.t.c or something like that.

What do you and other people think?

If you wanted - for some variety

One thing I am worried about. You saw in the 250 the standard of some oval noobs.
fffff... how hard can it be? driving oval, I mean
Quote from hyntty :fffff... how hard can it be? driving oval, I mean

Try it with the XRT...now im gonna go watch the bad news bears haha

Well, judging by the standard of some of the driving in the 250, its harder than rocket science.

If there's a band of like 10 people or more that want to do this, then I'll plonk up a forum post in the Leagues and Events section every week for you to sign up to, then you can take care of it yourself (rather like Tordagsracet)
I figured there would be more of the regulars that visit New Dimension Racing Events to this event...The guys that were in the 250, 500, etc. The people we see here everyday...

I am one of the 'noobs' to oval racing, and LFS in general...but the more we do it, the better it gets. The more I do it, the better I get.
I was at the practices, I know how things were supposed to go. If it becomes routine, then it becomes easy, and understandable.

The reason I thought of this is because the
500 is a looong way away, and I thought it would be fun to keep the community we have going here with a weekly event of some sort...

We could use different cars no doubt...thats a great idea.
Although the XRT is the most 'Nascar-Like' car in LFS I think...

Good input all!

~Q~
Quote from QUINT74 :I figured there would be more of the regulars that visit New Dimension Racing Events to this event...The guys that were in the 250, 500, etc. The people we see here everyday...

I am one of the 'noobs' to oval racing, and LFS in general...but the more we do it, the better it gets. The more I do it, the better I get.
I was at the practices, I know how things were supposed to go. If it becomes routine, then it becomes easy, and understandable.

The reason I thought of this is because the
500 is a looong way away, and I thought it would be fun to keep the community we have going here with a weekly event of some sort...

We could use different cars no doubt...thats a great idea.
Although the XRT is the most 'Nascar-Like' car in LFS I think...

Good input all!

~Q~

Then why not do what we have been doing with the 250? Just have mini 50 laappers with the FO8 to get ready for the 500. Enough said dont ya think? And Jack for my idea i would love to do this as a bit of a mini league for the 500 if you can put it on the forum it would be great.

Oh no...driving ovals is dirt easy....Now, you cant say the same thing about RACING an oval

Drive the XRT in a giant field of 30 cars then come back and tell me it's easy...

Quote from J@tko :Well, judging by the standard of some of the driving in the 250, its harder than rocket science.

If there's a band of like 10 people or more that want to do this, then I'll plonk up a forum post in the Leagues and Events section every week for you to sign up to, then you can take care of it yourself (rather like Tordagsracet)

Quote from NtrlBrnRacer :Then why not do what we have been doing with the 250? Just have mini 50 laappers with the FO8 to get ready for the 500. Enough said dont ya think? And Jack for my idea i would love to do this as a bit of a mini league for the 500 if you can put it on the forum it would be great.

Guys guys. Coincidentally, I've just been planning on doing an stock car oval league with the XRT.

I've already talked to my team and currently the only thing I need (apart of people participating) is a server application (which New Dimention has) and marshals.

What do ya say if we can combine our efforts .
Quote from lizardfolk :

Guys guys. Coincidentally, I've just been planning on doing an stock car oval league with the XRT.

I've already talked to my team and currently the only thing I need (apart of people participating) is a server application (which New Dimention has) and marshals.

What do ya say if we can combine our efforts .

Sounds good to me i can help you out. Just give me the dates and what you need me to do and ill be there.
Great. Hopefully we'll have some interest (both devs and competitors). Around next week I'll post up my ideas for the league just so we can agree on the specifics.

I'm also hoping to do a full race broadcast for each race so that'll mean I need someone who can capture ingame footage (i can't, however I can edit the footages)
Quote from lizardfolk :Great. Hopefully we'll have some interest (both devs and competitors). Around next week I'll post up my ideas for the league just so we can agree on the specifics.

I'm also hoping to do a full race broadcast for each race so that'll mean I need someone who can capture ingame footage (i can't, however I can edit the footages)

ok cool, ill be race control or marshall call yellows and stuff.
Great, now I need to get a response from Jatko to see if New Dimension will come aboard as well
Quote from lizardfolk :Great, now I need to get a response from Jatko to see if New Dimension will come aboard as well

Do you practice for 500?
Quote from lizardfolk :Great, now I need to get a response from Jatko to see if New Dimension will come aboard as well

OK. Here we go

Basically, my feeling is that you can organise this yourself. We'd be happy to help you, be it with a server or man-power. (BTW - aren't you part of storm-racing - i.e. Storm Servers - they've given you at least 3 )

I'll create a thread in here if you want - something called 'Kyoto Nights' or something, where you can post all your events e.t.c. As a warm up for the 500 or whatever.

On the video. From my experience of League Management, don't be too ambitious to start with. Have a few rounds to start with, and then think about videos e.t.c.

IMO, you should mix cars (probably the best cars are XRT, FZ5, GTR, FO8 and BF1) and have a mix of KY1, KY1r and an AX oval.

Just my opinion though.
Good luck, whatever you do.
You've read my mind Jatko

Basically what I had in mind was 2 Kyoto Oval, 1 Rev Oval, and 2 AutoX Oval, and the rest would be road courses (this is flexible and subject to change).

The cars would be XRT, but I was thinking about putting in the FZ5 along with it (this can be voted upon).

Storm Racing has about 10....LOL. Yes, we can host and server is not a problem for us (Thor told me that our servers can handle 32 people). But this is what I need:

Admins/Race Stewards
Someone to capture ingame footage
New Dimension's Oval InSim

As for your advice about the video...I'll take it under consideration but I do know it's a hefty project. Currently, I'm more worried about the sign up and people showing up.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG