The online racing simulator
LFS Admin & Race Rotator
(88 posts, started )
LFS Admin & Race Rotator
Hello, I have been working on a little program that i now have here for release. LFS Admin & Race Rotator is a little program for giving certain people kinda admin commands but via insim. It works by using a command like "!kick" and then the program says that to LFS dedi so if you did "!kick user", The program will type in lfs window "/kick user". Ive tested it a little bit and cant seem to find any bugs.
Some of the features...
  • Track rotation(Tracks selectable via Setup.txt), also amount of races before change selectable too.
  • Auto restart after a race(2 minutes after the first user finishs)
  • Selectable admins to use certain commands via Setup.txt.
The admins you select get use of the following commands...(NOT Case sensitive)
  • "Kick X" - kicks username X
  • "Ban X" - Bans username X for one day
  • "Spec X" - Spec's username X
  • "Laps X" - Changes laps to amount defined by X
  • "Rotate" - Forces the program to rotate the track
  • "Restart" - Forces the program to restart the race
  • "Restrict" - Shows all ingame restrictions and lets you activate and deactivate them.
I currently plan on adding more stuff but i have to get a release out now or else ill just keep on and keep on adding stuff, and therefor never release it.

Commands for all players...
  • "Restrict" - Shows all restrictions.
  • "Track" - Shows ingame track information
[Current Version - 1.0.4.3]
  • Fixed a little bug i found in "restart" command, Basically it would constantly try to restart.
[Current Version]

[Version - 1.0.4.2]
  • Added command "cancel" for admins to cancel a restart if needed.
  • Fixed some issues with the restrictions(Note: If you had version 1.0.4, Please download this version - Restrictions dont work as intended in 1.0.4
[Version]

[Version - 1.0.4]
  • Added full restriction system, Allows for multiple restrictions to be set. If an admin types the command, They also are able to deactivate them and activate them.(See pics)
[Version]

[Version -1.0.3]
  • Fixed a very small flaw with "Restart" command
  • Added command for everyone "Track" see attached pic
  • Race restart time is now adjustable via setup.txt anything between 1 and 6 minutes
[Version]

[Version - 1.0.1]
  • Cars are now rotable with track - Split the cars with ','(example: GTR,TBO), But if you want to select more then one car to be selected at random. Do it like you would in LFS(example: XFG+XRG,UFR+XFR)
  • Added an icon to smarten it up a bit
[Version]

Any bugs and suggestions please post in this thread. I will try get them done.

Thanks to T-RonX for LFS_External.

Enjoy!
Attached files
LFS Admin & Race Rotator V.1.0.4.3.zip - 28.7 KB - 1987 views
good stuff mate
Quote from StableX :good stuff mate

Hehe, Thanks. I am updating once ive had a little break. I will add random car selection in with combo. Selectable restart time. I have loads of stuff planned.
#4 - SamH
Nice one, Sean!
Uploaded V1.0.1
  • Cars are now rotable with track.
  • Added an icon to smarten it up a bit
Thats all!
Great program. I've wanted this for quite sometime. Good work.
Quote from Falcon140 :Great program. I've wanted this for quite sometime. Good work.

Thanks

---

Its acutally kinda strange, I went through a patch where i couldnt bring myself to code. Everytime i tried i just couldnt think atall, it was like id lost all my skills, but now im coding like a machine. I ALREADY have another program in development
ok nice programm i have a question:

If i have a LFS Server, how can i run your script 24/7?
Quote from baSh0r :ok nice programm i have a question:

If i have a LFS Server, how can i run your script 24/7?

Start the server, Start the insim program, Connect. Then leave it.
yeah but i need to let my pc run 24/7 do i?

How can i do it without letting my pc run all the time.
#11 - SamH
The impossible, Sean does immediately. Miracles may take a little longer..

You will need to be able to run the application on *some* machine, somewhere, with a permanent connection to the internet. Ideally, these programs run best when on the same computer as your LFS dedicated server, but if that isn't possible you'll need to find an alternative.
Update version. 1.0.3 now online. Check main post for info.
So can only admins you the '!' commands? Or can anyone playing in the server type a command like "Track" and see the information?
The "Track" command can be accessd by anyone on the server to find infomation out about the race. The rest of the commands will only work for people specified in setup.txt. Its also not always '!' it will be whatever people select in setup.txt.

E: I see what threw you off thinking it was an admin only command. Hmmm...prehaps i should move that.
Hey,

Will admit I havent tried this one yet, there have been a lot of new "things" over the last few days and I simply havent got to this one yet. I like the idea of the track rotator, and that the tracks are stored within a text file..

Would there be any way of making it so the order of the track's is random, not known until the next restart happens?

Cheers
Quote from mkinnov8 :Would there be any way of making it so the order of the track's is random, not known until the next restart happens?

Cheers

Thats exactly what it does? It will pick a random track from any of the specified tracks in setup.txt and then set it when the time comes.
Oh, well , great stuff.. testing on Saturday
sounds kinda like the CTRA X System
Quote from mc906 :sounds kinda like the CTRA X System

Riiiiight, ok.. the only thing that it has which is *common* to these kinds of programs is the ability to rotate tracks. For the record, there were people doing "this" before CTRA.
Quote from mc906 :sounds kinda like the CTRA X System

Thats the kind of post that makes me wonder why anyone would contribute to these forums only to get comments like that towards their work..

Anyway, great work as usual Sean :P
Excellent program! A few suggestions: track/car change after a random number of laps... Car/track prefixed combinations... Good work, very usefull!
can't choose laps
can't choose laps 5 laps default, is there anyway to get source code? I think it could go good with LFS lapper...
No, The souce is not released. The laps is not my problem, The program does not select random laps.
Nice work as always.

Edit: Minor bug? usernames in the Setup.txt have to be the same case as the actual player.

LFS Admin & Race Rotator
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG