The online racing simulator
My LFS CD
(65 posts, started )

Poll : What the uninstall (of any setup program) should do?

Delete the entire installation directory?
Delete only installed files (without config files)?
#1 - Pasci
My LFS CD
I have created an autorun for my LFS install CD. With the DVD cover from KNAPPO (http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3381) and some tools (Ghostcar, Spotter, Join2LFS, Graphic Mods... -> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2928) it looks very cool (positiv feedback from my friends - with s2 license too; they have get a CD as a little christmas gift from me :nod. See the pics!

CD content:
- Setup versions of LFS, LFS Dedicated Host, LFS Music Add-On
- Setup version for additional Skins/Textures (including clean uninstall!)
- Setup versions for Tools and Mods (also uninstall)
- Setup versions for Graphic Mods (without uninstall but warn message! :eek: )
- Show room for all cars, tracks (without S2 track details) and movies
- PDF versions of Keyboard commands and the (unofficial) S2 Manual

Have anybody else create his own LFS CD? (not only covers)

PS: Sorry, but english isn't my prefered language.
Attached images
autorun.jpg
autorun-cars.gif
autorun-tracks.gif
autorun-mods.gif
autorun-tools.gif
#2 - axus
Very nice! Some of the mods wont work with patches though... right?
nice.. looks very good
#4 - Pasci
Quote from axus :Very nice! Some of the mods wont work with patches though... right?

Thanks

sorry, can't confirm - all tools (ghostcar, smokemod, mates@track2, race analyzer, join2lfs and pitspotter) i'm using works fine with s2 0.5Q or what do you mean ?
#5 - axus
Quote from Pasci :Thanks

sorry, can't confirm - all tools (ghostcar, smokemod, mates@track2, race analyzer, join2lfs and pitspotter) i'm using works fine with s2 0.5Q or what do you mean ?

I mean that once patch R is out, they won't work.
Great work Would it be possible, to upload the image file of the CD, so who wants can download it and burn it ?
sorry for my english
Sorry, i meant image file , like nero image file for example Something , we can burn out to a CD .
#9 - Pasci
Quote from MataGyula :Sorry, i meant image file , like nero image file for example Something , we can burn out to a CD .

From my side this is possible but:

1. I have to ask all devs of the tools and, of course, the live for speed devs too if I'm allowed to publish they programs on a CD (image).

2. Where I can host an nero image of 685 MB?! Ok, an image without the movies have a size of 336 MB - but the question is the same! I think my hosting provider isn't lucky if a host this image on his (shared) server!

Quote from axus :I mean that once patch R is out, they won't work.

No idea - ask the tool devs?!
You could host it via a torrent
ask the devs
i think that it is not illegal because You are not selling it . As long as You are not asking money for the image , i think it is good
but correct me if iam wrong
sharing it via torrent would be great or on one of the P2P networks
Permission request to the devs of lfs is pending... If I got the permission, then I ask the devs of the tools and mods - else, if I don't get the permission of any dev (lfs nor tools/mods), I don't publish the ISO (not via HTTP/FTP and not via Torrent)

Your right, that I don't get money, but I don't want also any law problems - so, I ask the devs first
Thanks for your little message on LFSW - I do love the fact that people are polite!

If you wish to, as you state, but my 'This is S2' on your CD then I would be honoured. To think that people like my cheesy fiddlings enough to clutter up their CD's with... makes me go wibble.
Quote from Pasci :Permission request to the devs of lfs is pending... If I got the permission, then I ask the devs of the tools and mods - else, if I don't get the permission of any dev (lfs nor tools/mods), I don't publish the ISO (not via HTTP/FTP and not via Torrent)

Your right, that I don't get money, but I don't want also any law problems - so, I ask the devs first

I shouldn't see why it would be a problem as you are not selling it or claiming the content to be completely your own. As far as they are concerned it would be like a free mirror to host...
Torrent that baby
Good work mate!
What about posting a version without S2 in it, would save a 130 mb of bandwidth from every download as most of us already have it, obviously leave a version with S2 that we could give to people who don't have LFS
Quote from [Thief :G(o)A]I shouldn't see why it would be a problem as you are not selling it or claiming the content to be completely your own.

Some tools do have points in the license agreement , so I NEED permission to publish it elsewhere !

Quote from ajp71 :What about posting a version without S2 in it,

It's a complet CD. The setup routine for LFS writes the path to LFS.exe in the registry, so I can check this entry with the other setups and can define this value as an default path for the installation. So the installation of all other data (add music, textures, cars, tools, mods and so on) is simpler and faster, else I must browse to the right path manually (where the LFS.exe is).

My idea behind this little project: The setup of all tools on the cd should be so easy as possible... so, REALLY EVERYBODY can install Live for Speed on his PC! That's what I want! At the moment, most racers they use/drive LFS have good PC knowledge, I think?

I hope you understand my english?
Yep I understand and it seems like a very good idea to entice more people into LFS
I am looking forward to this if this becomes available on the net.... fingers crossed... keep up the good work

mad
Status of requests:

I've got some permissions from the devs!
Especially for Live for Speed S2, Live for Speed S2 Dedicated Host, Live for Speed S2 Additonal Music

Of course, the devs doesn't support the distribution.
Support source is lfsforum.net!

Everbody I've asked agreed ...so far! Some permissions are still pending.
If you do get the go-ahead to distribute this you might want to make it a torrent. That's the best way to quickly distribute such a large file when you don't have access to server bandwidth.

I think this looks like a great idea. Although, personally, I would have left the desert/snow "mods" off and included Replay Analyzer and F1PerfView instead. I noticed the videos and skins links. Which videos/skins do you have on there? Do you have the high res sky textures on there? What would it take to get the S2 track layouts added?

edit: You might want to add the LFS S2 Wiki .pdf on there as well.
if u wanna make a product for everyone (easy install etc) obviously dont make it a torrent.
Quote from Cue-Ball :If you do get the go-ahead to distribute this you might want to make it a torrent. That's the best way to quickly distribute such a large file when you don't have access to server bandwidth.

Yes, the distribution is via torrent... infos are available, if the image is released (with all modifications; additional licenses infos and so on) and I have all permissions.

Quote from Cue-Ball :I think this looks like a great idea. Although, personally, I would have left the desert/snow "mods" off and included Replay Analyzer and F1PerfView instead. I noticed the videos and skins links. Which videos/skins do you have on there? Do you have the high res sky textures on there? What would it take to get the S2 track layouts added?

Replay Analyzer and F1PerfView I don't know. But, I will see, I can also include it on the cd.

Quote from Cue-Ball :Which videos/skins do you have on there? Do you have the high res sky textures on there? What would it take to get the S2 track layouts added?

Movies on CD are:
AAL S2 demo series 1
Adrenaline show drifting S1
Crashes and Stunts 3
Drift LT S2
Drift Fury 1 S2
Drift Fury 2 S2
Just Racing S2
Saiko D demo movie S1
This is S2

Skins
Skins from 4players.de
Skins from Gobby (FO8)

The High Res Sky Textures are also part of Skins/Texture setup program.
Do you have other content (track layout) to publish on the cd?

Quote from Cue-Ball :edit: You might want to add the LFS S2 Wiki .pdf on there as well.

This is the unofficial LFS S2 Manual, right? Yes, this is also included. Directly readable from the CD (button on the main view of autorun). So you can read it without installation. With the installation of Live for Speed, this is an option to install the manual too. A shortcut in the windows menu to the PDF document is also created, if this install option is selected.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :if u wanna make a product for everyone (easy install etc) obviously dont make it a torrent.

I am your opinion. But in addition the necessary resources are missing to me! Do you have a better solution?

My LFS CD
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG