The online racing simulator
RIP Arthur C Clarke, 1917 - 2008
(14 posts, started )
Arthur C Clarke, one of the greatest authors and visionaries of our time, died at his home in Colombo, Sri Lanka, aged 90. He had been battling post-polio syndrome for a number of years.

He is survived by an entire planet, which will miss him dearly.

Here is his last video message, recorded in December 2007. The subject matter and tone of this message is, in retrospect, quite a fitting farewell.

RIP Arthur.
Bye Art and thanks.
#3 - axus
Rip.
rip Arthur
RIP Arthur
I've never read his books or anything, maybe I should.

Rest in peace, mr. Clarke.
Childhood's End was pretty good. I think it's long been considered a classic sci-fi novel.
Ah, sad. I was reading up on him on wiki only the other month. He lived a good long age and certainly did a variety of things in his life. His novels and short stories have always been great, I suspect they will outlive any of us too.
Not one of my favorite SF authors, but a pillar of the genre nonetheless. RIP.
R.i.p
R.i.p
I have 2001 reasons to be sad....great loss to the literary and Sci-Fi world
Apart from his many brilliant books (both fiction and non-fiction), I believe Arthur C Clarke is the only man ever to have both an asteroid and a species of dinosaur named after him as well as co-write a film with Stanley Kubrick (I'm so jealous). 2001: A Space Odyssey (made in 1963) is still a benchmark scifi movie and is one of the best, easily recognised, most-quoted and heavily-referenced of any genre ever made (watch the Simpsons often enough and 2001 references crop up quite a bit, as do references from many other Kubrick films). Clarke & Kubrick, what a collaboration - roughly equivalent to Iain M Banks making a film with Martin Scorcese (*drool*).

Arthur C Clarke - too many levels of awesome.
What a legend. Not only a great writer, but a great visionary.

RIP

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG