The online racing simulator
Windows
(18 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
Windows
Just a suggestion. Being able to have the windows down. I'm sure cruise drivers online would enjoy this.

Having the feature you can hear the car/cars/wind more with a window down, then softer with windows up. I'm not even sure if I'm explaining this right lol, but i think you all get the idea.
You mean like beeing able to "roll" the window down and up? Well that wasn`t better either, but I know what you mean.

-1 for the idea tho, the use for it in LFS is little, so I doubt Scawen will use time on it.
#3 - JJ72
Quote from aoun :Having the feature you can hear the car/cars/wind more with a window down, then softer with windows up. I'm not even sure if I'm explaining this right lol, but i think you all get the idea.

shift A.
And why would one need to open a window in a driving sim? Let's get back to it when we have extreme damage modelling and cockpit full of smoke, shall we?
Quote from frokki :And why would one need to open a window in a driving sim? Let's get back to it when we have extreme damage modelling and cockpit full of smoke, shall we?

I would understand it in a pure driving sim (Where you simulate normal everyday driving). However, LFS is a racing sim, and how often do you need to roll down your windows in a race?

Because of that, -1 from me, even I would like that feature (Because I do cruising, and thus partially simulate everyday driving. But why should we have shoot-em-up features in a flight simulator (Ya, would be fun to exit the cockpit and start to shoot those motherf'n snakes!!)).
#6 - garph
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10........arrrrrrr, much better.
Until LFS simulates fatigue caused by heat exhaustion then we dont' need to roll down windows.

IF that ever happens (doubt it, sincerely) then we should have the ability to roll down the windows (in the GTR cars, too, as many have windows which can roll down. GT2 class and lower only, though, I think...), accompanied with the appropriate increase in drag.
#8 - dev
Rolled down windows would create extra drag, so this could be useful for handicaps :P

I don't actually want this to get implemented, I just wanted to post an actual improvement in this suggestion
rgg i thought you were going to say visible windows, which would have probably been a better suggestion
Disappointing thread indeed. I thought this was going to be an "XP vs Vista" flamewar.

FTR I couldn't care less about rolling the car windows up or down. Visible & dirty windows, yes. Rolling them down to hear the same sounds a little louder? Meh
some track days require windows to be rolled down

I'm not saying its important...and I really don't care either way

maybe an option in the pits like the top down/up..windows down/up

anyways, nothing to bother with for a long time if ever imo
Quote from garph :1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10........arrrrrrr, much better.

Haha
That have helped me a lot up the times
Quote from Hankstar :Disappointing thread indeed. I thought this was going to be an "XP vs Vista" flamewar.

Bah, that's easy. 2000 vs XP-Lite is much more interesting. With any luck Windows 7 will be out in a couple of years and we can all forget this Vista mess. And bitch about the new one instead.

/OT
Quote from Bob Smith : Bah, that's easy. 2000 vs XP-Lite is much more interesting. With any luck Windows 7 will be out in a couple of years and we can all forget this Vista mess. And bitch about the new one instead.

/OT

Ya, I think the same. Vista is only a temporary operating system, just like Millennium Edition (Ooops, I said a dirty word!).
Quote from vixer :I did search but did not find :-). There is a racing game and in that game when you go in to grass you need to clean ur halmet shield. It would be nice if in LFS after doing the same you have to use wipers to clean the windshield hmm ? Its like after doing a couple of spins or going backwards with wheels spining forwards on sand and grass

And drivers have to eat and drink, so it would be great that you must do that before major racing. Otherwise you get dizzy.
Quote from vixer :You forgot bout getting dressed :-).
This is how it looks like.

what is the car's name?
Quote from vixer :You forgot bout getting dressed :-).
This is how it looks like.

If only visor dirt was that bad. Being a noob I've ended up on grass loads of times, and my visor rarely needs soil removing

Bling for the sake of Bling (and something to distract Kunos from the dull task of bug fixing).
Quote from tristancliffe :If only visor dirt was that bad. Being a noob I've ended up on grass loads of times, and my visor rarely needs soil removing

Bling for the sake of Bling (and something to distract Kunos from the dull task of bug fixing).

the worst my visor has seen is kart racing following the other karts before rolling starts packed together...the oil from the exhaust is terrible on visors

also, water on the track/rain

going off track doesn't do all that much...except maybe dust will stick if there is oil/water

Windows
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG