The online racing simulator
20 Button USB controller
(9 posts, started )
20 Button USB controller
I just happened to find this through google, and after just getting it 5 minutes ago I couldn't be happier.

Its a 20 button USB controller, that comes pined for 17 pin ribbon cables aka floppy cables. There might not be an axis to be found, but its perfect for a button box. And at only $29 I had to give it a shot.

(Hopefully tonight Ill have my button box ready, and my GPL 2006 shifter I snagged on ebay for $25 will be here soon.)

Either way head over here: http://www.desktopaviator.com/Products/Model_2040/index.htm

Theye even have a nifty toggle switch box that could work for sim racing too, not just flight sims.

Attached are a couple pictures, maybe later on there will be more.
Attached images
usb1.jpg
usb2.jpg
are they completely programable outside of flight simulator?
Looks realy good, but nothing comes to mind thats usefull for it, maybe engine start button, lights, thats all i can come up with....
Quote from russianfire768768 :are they completely programable outside of flight simulator?
Looks realy good, but nothing comes to mind thats usefull for it, maybe engine start button, lights, thats all i can come up with....

Ignition, Horn, Pit Limiter, Hazard Lights, Push-To-Talk (teamspeak or vent) and loads of other stuff outside of the game that you would normally need to minimise for.

A little box like this would be handy, unfortunately I don't think i'd have anywhere to put it.
Quote from russianfire768768 :are they completely programable outside of flight simulator?

It works just like a joypad so you can use it for anything really.In LFS I use it for ignition, horn, light, limiter, brake bias and I use joytokey for binding the Fkeys for tires/damage.In other games with more options you can add wipers, and I use some for pit menus etc.So far I've only set up 10 buttons, and grabbed another box and some buttons for the other 10.Ill post some pics when I get out of work today.
I hate to double post but heres the pictures
Attached images
DSCF6451.JPG
DSCF6453.JPG

I used a €3,95 joypad for the additional buttons.
sure it is no proper box, I just needed some chat buttons so I didn't have to touch the keyboard while driving.
Flyboys set is something different though and a tiny bit more complicated, but only playing lfs and only using joy2key to assign the buttons I feel quite comfortable with this cheapo solution :-)

look here for wip pics

greetz

der butz
Quote from FLA_FlyBoy :Hi MattxMosh

Check-out Desktop Aviator's index page ( http://www.DesktopAviator.com/index.htm ). They just posted an update.
Their Model 2040 can now be used as a Keyboard Emulator using a Free driver software that you can download from them.
This opens up a number of interesting possibilities.

I was already using joy2key, but thats pretty nice of them.
#8 - Dac
these are a great idea. using the keyboard sucks tbh. and with only 6 buttons on the momo im all out.

thanks MattxMosh. youve given me some good ideas to play with
damm looking good, clean and really useful!! Congrats

20 Button USB controller
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG