The online racing simulator
New bodys & spoilers
(26 posts, started )
New bodys & spoilers
What i think to improve the game is...
You can choose the skins.. but what i think is..
When u drive with a normal cars not the F1 cars that we can choose from multiple bodykits and spoilers..
cause the bodykits and spoilers of the some of cars from now(this is my meaning) are so bad..
And maybe bring some other gauches on the dashbord maybe 5 or 6 that have been made of other players..
if sombody agrees.. reply
I disagree, but still replying.

First, use search. There are tons of threads talking about this.
Second, We already have "other bodykits", like XRG, XRT and XRR. Okay, they have other "upgrades" as well, but still...
Are you by any chance a drifter?
This is a racing sim, not ricing. Been brought up many, many times in the past.
#5 - garph
Need some sort of way of detecting certain words when people try and post in this section, not to necessarily stop them from posting about certain things, more to point them towards the millions of other threads about the subject.

So say if in the title its, damage, spoilers, upgrading, tracks, cars and other key words it brings up a search results page. Then they have a, are you sure you want to post this? option to carry on.

..note to self: DO NOT get sucked back into this section again.
That's already implemented in the forum. It already gives you a list of threads with similar titles.

Maybe the average forum user shouldn't be allowed to start a thread until he's been around for several months.
#7 - Woz
*sigh*
firstly its bodies, and secondly, no.
Quote from versusboy :What i think to improve the game is...
You can choose the skins.. but what i think is..
When u drive with a normal cars not the F1 cars that we can choose from multiple bodykits and spoilers..
cause the bodykits and spoilers of the some of cars from now(this is my meaning) are so bad..
And maybe bring some other gauches on the dashbord maybe 5 or 6 that have been made of other players..
if sombody agrees.. reply

Good why do tons of stupid fools seem to mis a search button wich is obviously in the top of the forum screen:doh:
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Good why do tons of stupid fools seem to mis a search button wich is obviously in the top of the forum screen:doh:

I think the answer is hidden in your post.
Quote from MAGGOT :This is a racing sim, not ricing. Been brought up many, many times in the past.

So body kits = ricer.
So i guess all the racing cars in Europe and all over the world that have body kits are ricers..
Shut up about the ricer thing, just say no i don't this that would be a good idea or something.
You know everytime someone brings up ricer something happeneds.
I want a bodykit for my XRT...

Same bodykit as this car here. Is it possible to do it in LFS?

thanks!
Quote from l1k3z0mg :So body kits = ricer.
So i guess all the racing cars in Europe and all over the world that have body kits are ricers..
Shut up about the ricer thing, just say no i don't this that would be a good idea or something.
You know everytime someone brings up ricer something happeneds.

Race cars aren't road cars with plastic bolted to them.
Im not in support of turning lfs into nfs, but a lot of racing cars have ground effect kits, front lip spoilers etc. But lets just not have then and pretend we do.
vroom vroom!
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I want a bodykit for my XRT...

Same bodykit as this car here. Is it possible to do it in LFS?

thanks!

Yh drive this car XD
I don`t like the idea.
You got a point about the gauges tho.
Quote from flymike91 :but a lot of racing cars have ground effect kits, front lip spoilers etc.

So do the race cars in LFS the UFR, XFR, FXR, FZR and XRR. As those already have the kits I can only assume people who post these things want them on the road cars. On them these kits would be a bit pointless.

For an example: Take the XRR and limit the power-to-weight ratio as close to the XRT as you can. Plus add a hundred pounds for the wikkid bodykit. Adjust the aero angles to the max. Then drive it around.

Must be a wikkid ride innit.
if anything like this ever happens it should only be available to licenced users.

personally i wouldnt like it but i can see how it would appeal to the drifters and we have to acknowlage that there are a large number of them out there, most of whom, according to common, wisdom are demo users. if bodykits were available and modded properly with the increase in weight and disruption to airflow, i would imagine that you wouldn't see them being used by many racers but it would add extra appeal for drifters if it was a licenced user only option. if it then reulsted in extra sales and a larger number of demo users converting to licence it could only be good for LFS as a whole as a larger user base means extra income for the devs and a higher user profile for LFS

the only downsides i can think of are the extra development time which could be spent elsewhere and the dilution of LFS's image as a race simulator.
If you want that sort of game, then why don't you go play Need for Speed Underground 2 or NFS Carbon or something?
Quote from hansonator69 :If you want that sort of game, then why don't you go play Need for Speed Underground 2 or NFS Carbon or something?

i assume that wasnt directed at me as i did state i wouldn't like the suggestion, but we have to remember there is a large number of "drifters" out there who would like the option of body add ons, if they were available, produced the real life effects on weight and aero so they didnt hand an advatage to racers and were only accessable to licensed users, it could provide a way of increasing LFS's licenced userbase.

there is a world of difference between need for speed and the like and LFS, in particular the realism factor which has long been championed by its supporters, me included. thees no reason why drifters shouldnt enjoy lfs and have features in the game that suit them as long as it doesn't adversly affect the racing core of the game.

p.s. i'm abit confused actually as to why your against it yet at the same time in other posts, you've been favourable to a drift competition and have called for south city's roads to be opened up to make an awesome cruise server
Quote from tinvek :ip.s. i'm abit confused actually as to why your against it yet at the same time in other posts, you've been favourable to a drift competition and have called for south city's roads to be opened up to make an awesome cruise server

I also would like to have bigger urban track "without limitations" (For cruising, naturally). However, I am against bodykits, as they have no meaning (Except appearance). Instead, I would like to see more road-cars from different classes, for example SUV's or competitor to UF1 (Maybe an old Lada?).
ding ding "demo racer"
Quote from Gekkibi :Instead, I would like to see more road-cars from different classes, for example SUV's or competitor to UF1 (Maybe an old Lada?).

+1, with open differential of course
IMO the only thing that should have an option are the wheels. Would be cool to be able to use any of the existing wheels on any car.

New bodys & spoilers
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG