The online racing simulator
[Help Needed] First Steps Visual C# and InSim
Hi there,

i am not one of the guys who wants to start a cruise server or something else

ok, i want to learn how c# works with insim.

Following i have done:

-Downloaded Visual C# Express and installed it.
-Downloaded the .NET - LFS External library.
-Succesfully opened the sample application and i can succesful connect to InSim.

And now how i want to start:
I want for first a small app, that can send some messages to LFS.

The next thing: A small button menu in LFS, wich are only shortcuts for textmessages like the F1 Key for a "positive smiley" or something else.

This should be for practise only, i know that my wishes have no sense

i would be thankful for every help and good tutorials! i found much code here in the forum and nothing how i activate the action (button or timer... no clue).

MfG

Trekker
OK Seen as C# is a strong point of mine ill say a few words..

Firstly its good your willing to learn and explore as learning to program its something thats needed alot. ok you wanna send a message. First ask yourself do you wanna send a global message or a message to only one person.

For one person, use InSim.Send_MTC_MessageToConnecton. that will take some values (paramaters). First it will ask for a Message to send. Try something like "^7Hello", once you have done that it will ask for a ucid and plid. Now both of these are not needed, only 1 will do. So say you put the message in the NCN packet, you give the UCID as NCN.UCID, then set a plid as 0. For a global message you use InSim.Send_MST_Message then that only takes one value. Being a message. Try entering "/msg ^7Hello LFS World". Once you have done that, have a little play with LFS messages and see how they work.

When you want button help, come back and ill help seperatly

hope that helps
Okay, thank you first

this works: InSim.Send_MST_Message....
but i have problems with: InSim.Send_MTC_MessageToConnecton

you said the plid can be 0, and the UCID i should set to NCN.UCID.... now it looks so:

InSim.Send_MTC_MessageToConnection("Text", NCN.UCID , 0);

And i get an error message when i debug it (EDIT: the NCN is blue underlined)

and one question: what is UCID?

thx for help
The UCID is a unique identifier of the lfs connection, (ie Me or you.)
You have to set the UCID to the current UCID your getting from a packet etc etc. The reason i said NCN.UCID was i also said to you, to put the message in the NCN packet. Look in the code for the following.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]private[/COLOR] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]void[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] NCN([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]Packets[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]IS_NCN[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] NCN)
{
AddToConnectionsList(NCN); [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// Adds new player to the Connections[] list (don't remove line!)
[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]}
[/SIZE]

And add that bit of code there. It Should work
hmmm, its already in there.... i think you should have a look at the code

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.Threading;
using LFS_External.InSim;

namespace LFS_External_Client
{
public partial class Form1 : Form
{
// InSim objects
InSimInterface InSim;
ConnectionSettings cfg;

// These are the main lists that contain all Players and Connections (Being maintained automatically)
List<clsConnection> Connections = new List<clsConnection>();
List<clsPlayer> Players = new List<clsPlayer>();

public Form1()
{
InitializeComponent();
InitializeInSimEvents(); // Event handlers (Uncoment a line in here to enable a packet receive event)
}

// Form load
private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
try
{
// Connect to InSim
cfg = new ConnectionSettings("127.0.0.1", 29999, 0, Flags.InSimFlags.ISF_MCI | Flags.InSimFlags.ISF_MSO_COLS, '!', 1000, "password", "^3TestProg");
InSim = new InSimInterface(cfg);
InSim.Connect();

// Leave this
Thread.Sleep(500);

// Request all players and connections
InSim.Send_TINY(Enums.Tiny.TINY_NPL, 255);
InSim.Send_TINY(Enums.Tiny.TINY_NCN, 255);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
Debug.WriteLine(ex.Message);
}
}

// Close button
private void btnClose_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
InSim.Close();
Application.Exit();
}

#region Default Methods
// Uncomment a line in this method to enable its event.
private void InitializeInSimEvents()
{
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.AXC_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.AXC_EventHandler(AXC);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.AXI_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.AXI_EventHandler(AXI);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.AXO_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.AXO_EventHandler(AXO);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.BTC_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.BTC_EventHandler(BTC);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.BTT_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.BTT_EventHandler(BTT);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.BFN_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.BFN_EventHandler(BFN);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.CCH_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.CCH_EventHandler(CCH);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.CLR_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.CLR_EventHandler(CLR);
LFS_External.InSim.Events.CNL_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.CNL_EventHandler(CNL);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.CPP_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.CPP_EventHandler(CPP);
LFS_External.InSim.Events.CPR_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.CPR_EventHandler(CPR);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.CRS_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.CRS_EventHandler(CRS);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.FIN_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.FIN_EventHandler(FIN);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.FLG_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.FLG_EventHandler(FLG);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.III_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.III_EventHandler(III);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.ISM_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.ISM_EventHandler(ISM);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.LAP_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.LAP_EventHandler(LAP);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.MCI_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.MCI_EventHandler(MCI);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.MPE_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.MPE_EventHandler(MPE);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.MSO_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.MSO_EventHandler(MSO);
LFS_External.InSim.Events.NCN_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.NCN_EventHandler(NCN);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.NLP_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.NLP_EventHandler(NLP);
LFS_External.InSim.Events.NPL_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.NPL_EventHandler(NPL);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.PEN_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.PEN_EventHandler(PEN);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.PFL_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.PFL_EventHandler(PFL);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.PIT_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.PIT_EventHandler(PIT);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.PLA_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.PLA_EventHandler(PLA);
LFS_External.InSim.Events.PLL_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.PLL_EventHandler(PLL);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.PLP_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.PLP_EventHandler(PLP);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.PSF_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.PSF_EventHandler(PSF);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.REN_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.REN_EventHandler(REN);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.REO_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.REO_EventHandler(REO);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.REPLY_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.REPLY_EventHandler(REPLY);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.RES_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.RES_EventHandler(RES);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.RST_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.RST_EventHandler(RST);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.RTP_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.RTP_EventHandler(RTP);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.SPX_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.SPX_EventHandler(SPX);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.STA_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.STA_EventHandler(STA);
LFS_External.InSim.Events.TOC_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.TOC_EventHandler(TOC);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.VER_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.VER_EventHandler(VER);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.VTA_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.VTA_EventHandler(VTA);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.VTC_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.VTC_EventHandler(VTC);
//LFS_External.InSim.Events.VTN_Received += new LFS_External.InSim.Events.VTN_EventHandler(VTN);
}

// Methods for automatically update Players[] and Connection[] lists (Called from NPL and NCN)
private void RemoveFromConnectionsList(Packets.IS_CNL CNL)
{
// Copy of item to remove
clsConnection RemoveItem = new clsConnection();

// Check what item the connection had
foreach (clsConnection Conn in Connections)
{
if (CNL.UCID == Conn.UniqueID)
{
// Copy item (Can't delete it here)
RemoveItem = Conn;
continue;
}
}

// Remove item
Connections.Remove(RemoveItem);
}
private void AddToConnectionsList(Packets.IS_NCN NCN)
{
bool InList = false;

// Check of connection is already in the list
foreach (clsConnection Conn in Connections)
{
if (Conn.UniqueID == NCN.UCID)
{
InList = true;
continue;
}
}

// If not, add it
if (!InList)
{
// Assign values of new connnnection.
clsConnection NewConn = new clsConnection();
NewConn.UniqueID = NCN.UCID;
NewConn.Username = NCN.UName;
NewConn.PlayerName = NCN.PName;
NewConn.IsAdmin = NCN.Admin;
NewConn.Flags = NCN.Flags;

Connections.Add(NewConn);
}
}
private void RemoveFromPlayersList(Packets.IS_PLL PLL)
{
// Copy of item to remove
clsPlayer RemoveItem = new clsPlayer();

// Check what item the player had
foreach (clsPlayer Player in Players)
{
if (PLL.PLID == Player.PlayerID)
{
// Copy item (Can't delete it here)
RemoveItem = Player;
continue;
}
}

// Remove item
Players.Remove(RemoveItem);
}
private bool AddToPlayersList(Packets.IS_NPL NPL)
{
bool InList = false;

// Check if player is already in the list
foreach (clsPlayer Player in Players)
{
if (Player.PlayerID == NPL.PLID)
{
Player.AddedMass = NPL.H_Mass;
Player.CarName = NPL.CName;
Player.Flags = NPL.Flags;
Player.Passengers = NPL.Pass;
Player.Plate = NPL.Plate;
Player.PlayerType = (clsPlayer.enuPType)NPL.PType;
Player.SkinName = NPL.SName;
Player.Tyre_FL = NPL.Tyre_FL;
Player.Tyre_FR = NPL.Tyre_FR;
Player.Tyre_RL = NPL.Tyre_RL;
Player.Tyre_RR = NPL.Tyre_RR;
Player.IntakeRestriction = NPL.H_TRes;
return true;
}
}

// If not, add it
if (!InList)
{
// Assign values of new player.
clsPlayer NewPLayer = new clsPlayer();
NewPLayer.AddedMass = NPL.H_Mass;
NewPLayer.CarName = NPL.CName;
NewPLayer.Flags = NPL.Flags;
NewPLayer.Passengers = NPL.Pass;
NewPLayer.Plate = NPL.Plate;
NewPLayer.PlayerID = NPL.PLID;
NewPLayer.UniqueID = NPL.UCID;
NewPLayer.PlayerName = NPL.PName;
NewPLayer.PlayerType = (clsPlayer.enuPType)NPL.PType;
NewPLayer.SkinName = NPL.SName;
NewPLayer.Tyre_FL = NPL.Tyre_FL;
NewPLayer.Tyre_FR = NPL.Tyre_FR;
NewPLayer.Tyre_RL = NPL.Tyre_RL;
NewPLayer.Tyre_RR = NPL.Tyre_RR;

Players.Add(NewPLayer);
}

return false;
}

// Returns an index value for Connections[] that corresponds with the UniqueID of a connection
public int GetConnIdx(int UNID)
{
for (int i = 0; i < Connections.Count; i++)
{
if (Connections[i].UniqueID == UNID) { return i; }
}
return 0;
}

// Returns an index value for Players[] that corresponds with the UniqueID of a player
public int GetPlyIdx(int PLID)
{
for (int i = 0; i < Players.Count; i++)
{
if (Players[i].PlayerID == PLID) { return i; }
}
return 0;
}
#endregion

/**********************************/
/********* PACKET ARRIVAL *********/ // (Uncomment an event in the InitializeInSimEvents method and create the corresponding method down here to enable an other event)
/**********************************/
private void NPL(Packets.IS_NPL NPL)
{
bool LeavesPits = AddToPlayersList(NPL); // Update Players[] list (don't remove this line!)
}

private void NCN(Packets.IS_NCN NCN)
{
AddToConnectionsList(NCN); // Update Connections[] list (don't remove this line!)
}

private void CNL(Packets.IS_CNL CNL)
{
RemoveFromConnectionsList(CNL); // Update Connections[] list (don't remove this line!)
}

private void CPR(Packets.IS_CPR CPR)
{
foreach (clsConnection c in Connections) // Update Connections[] and Players[] list (Don't remove those 2 foreach loops!)
if (c.UniqueID == CPR.UCID)
{
c.PlayerName = CPR.PName;
}

foreach (clsPlayer p in Players)
if (p.UniqueID == CPR.UCID)
{
p.PlayerName = CPR.PName;
p.Plate = CPR.Plate;
}
}

private void PLL(Packets.IS_PLL PLL)
{
RemoveFromPlayersList(PLL); // Update Players[] list (don't remove this line!)
}

private void TOC(Packets.IS_TOC TOC)
{
Players[GetPlyIdx(TOC.OldUCID)].UniqueID = TOC.NewUCID; // Update Players[] list (don't remove this line!)
Players[GetPlyIdx(TOC.OldUCID)].PlayerID = TOC.PLID; // Update Players[] list (don't remove this line!)
}

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
InSim.Send_MTC_MessageToConnection("Text", NCN.UCID , 0);
}

}
}

I know its already there, what i was saying is. put the Message code in the NCN part
now it works, thank you very much

ok, now i have fresh code and now i would like to know about buttons
if this here would be too spamlike for you ( ithink victor has a similar opinion ^^ ) we can talk over ICQ about when you want

here is my number: 278198631

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG