The online racing simulator
iTracker 0.5.3.1
(25 posts, started )
iTracker 0.5.3.1
iTracker is a tool designed to follow online races, with endurance length in mind. It has been developed by me since patch W17 was released - yeah its been a LONG way .

A few screenies

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=34834473ir7.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=87552588rq5.jpg
http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=76135563fu5.jpg

It started as an insim self-learning project that evolved into a home brewed library that later I used to make a program that would help me monitor my mates on track during endurance races, beside checking stats, lap times, etc.

The main frame been designed as a container for many small modules that serve different purposes, it made the app a lot more flexible and easy to manage, and it allows for a very cool customization of the layout.

Even though its not finished by any means, or bug free, I've decided to release it because its been sitting for quite some months in my hard drive and I hardly have the time, or the motivation in LFS, to keep developing it. However, since I spent quite a few hundreds of hours in it, it would be a shame that it died in my HD.

Besides, many people have helped me developing it and it wouldnt be fair to send their work to trash - you know who you are

Feel free to check every sub dir of the app, most of the stuff is configurable via xml files, but Im way too lazy to document everything, at least for now.

Most important things that are missing are support for the FBM and the latest South City tracks, but Im planning to add those in a later release. You could say I've been caught by Scawen's patch release pace!

Last but not least, heres a list of people that have helped me in every possible way, directly or indirectly:

- Rene Van Der Kooij for many of the application graphics: track logos and layouts, weather icons, but also for

invaluable feedback, beta testing, suggestions and many, many hours in irc discussing every aspect of the app, even though I never got the wind icons!

- Željko Hajdinjak for the awesome logo, the application icon, beta testing and for the many hours we spent figuring

out how to draw tracks from PTH files, talking about vectors and trigonometry

- TeamXFR and F1RST racing team (specially Kaspur) for using early versions of the app during MoE events and

providing very valuable feedback

- Victor for all the times I bugged him in the LFS irc channel with endless questions

I also feel appropiate to name the libraries and data sources I used:

- Weifeng Luo docking library for the UI
- Log4Net for debugging
- sdether's incredible lib for ideas on how to solve some problems - though no copy & paste of his code
- Nini for the config files
- crazyice fuel control for test data of the fuel calc, even though the XML now isnt reliable anymore (outdated) and

values should be refreshed.

I plan to keep releasing versions and bug fixes as long as I can find time to do it, all bug reports are (certain) and welcome.

Latest version: 0.5.3.1
Temporary download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=57LVI6YM

EDIT: You need .NET Framework 2.0 installed
-
(Demon68) DELETED by Demon68
#2 - scrad
this is a pretty sweet program - i only managed to get it to work once though, i havent been able to since then
Erm...i think i got a bug, When i clicked Request host list it done something(probley some loop in code?) but just started taking 100% CPU..
Yep, for some reason some people can get it working full throttle at first attempt, and others have more trouble, thats what I wanted to get as much feedback as possible.

Last night 3 out of 4 people could run it NP so i thought 75% chances of working were good enough to release

I'll look into the connection list problem.
#5 - scrad
well my issue is (and i may be doing it wrong) that i can connect to my local dedicated server, but i cant see nething thats happening.

i got it to display some stuff once, but then it crashed and i havent been able to get anything since..
That's a great app. however it has a few things to work on. IMO you can do it to be perfect, so keep up
Would be very helpful for me if you could get a screenie of the error

Or maybe I should have added some help files already, making help files never been my cup of tea, but here it goes:

How to connect

Once the app is launched, go to Server menu and click 'connect'. There are two tabs in this dialog, connect and advanced.

There are three ways to connect to a LFS server

a) Connect to local host - this will connect the app to the instance of LFS running in your local machine. Make sure ports are configured correctly in the 'advanced' tab.

If the connect to local host checkbox isnt ticked, you get to connect through the InSim relay or via direct IP connect.

b) Using the Insim relay - check the appropiate radio button and then request host list. Then select server in the list and click connect. Admin or spec passwords may be required

c) Direct connect via IP - this is useful when you know the IP of the server you want to connect. Once all the fields are filled, you can add the server to your favourites list clicking on the star button, so you dont have to type all the info every time

Managing your server

If you are connected to a server with admin privileges, you can manage it remotely the same way as if you were connected to it.

To use the admin panel, click on its icon in the toolbar, third from the left (small keys). This will bring the admin console up, where you can select the type of message you want to send.

You can now chat or send admin commands as usual
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69
Turk Telekom (our isp) blocked www.megaupload.com for enter Turkey.please upload alternative file share sites.
I must be missing something as you talk PTH files and tracks?
The app runs fine. Looks graphically better then RaceSpectator (Firefox). That one did have a remote spectator (like Victors). This app seems rather similar just dont see that feature in there?

Works nice though at first glance.
There was a working spectator at a point, with tracks fully rendered using PTH files, but never got it working as good as I wanted, so I never included it.

Since Victor released his remote, no need for a spec now
good addon thanks
Please can you help me guys i download tracker and net framework can i on i tracker put racers what i want because i want use this tracker for league
Sorry, but I dont understand your problem, could you be more precise?

You dont 'add' racers, it will get racer names from the online names of the people racing in the selected server.
Quote from BurnOut69 :Sorry, but I dont understand your problem, could you be more precise?

You dont 'add' racers, it will get racer names from the online names of the people racing in the selected server.

Can i add on tracker racers what I engage in league
very, very good aplication

Thanks!

PD: ya que me entiendes xq eres español... muy buena aplicación, de este tipo de cosas es de las que llevo bastante tiempo buscando y todavia no la habia visto xD .

PD: Me tira este error... pero sigue funcionando. Este error me lo pone en el log "Error loading standings images: La conversión especificada no es válida."
y también a veces me da otro error de que no puede convertir una clase a otra y le doy continue y sigue normal. (hasta q vuelve a salir otra vez)

Un saludo!
Has this been updated to support the FBM yet?
im not to shure if carlos is working on it anymore. but you can ask him. (ill send him a PM in a different forum which he may check more often)
Hi Loken,

Good to see some folks still use this . Unfortunately development has been put on hold indefinitely as C# programming and online racing have taken a very far back seat in my time right now.
Cool addon Carlos

Will try this out
Why does every new product need to start with an "i"???????????????

It's not that I generally disaprove the products (I am quite happy with Iracing) but the lack of fantasy just disappointing.
carlos made i tracker around 2 or more years ago. and the truth is it fits perfectly. Its a personal (i) tracker
I say it in spanish because the programmer is form Spain, sorry

Si algun dia te da por liberar el codigo.. dimelo que continuo interesado en mejorar el programa aunque sea poco a poco. Actualmente lo tengo como uso personal, ya que haga de "Ingeniero de pista" de algunos pilotos y va muy bien.

Un saludo

iTracker 0.5.3.1
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG