The online racing simulator
LFS Friends
(26 posts, started )
LFS Friends
I have been woundering..
If you where on a server and u want some of your friends to come on that server, then you must go to msn, skype or other. (That take longer time.
Why not have like a little box.
You push a button
And then a box come up.. there can you add/delete friends
and you can speak to them there and invite them on a server.

I think this is a good idea and i think it's usefull. (Good for teams)
Maybe other dont think the same.
Friends can search for you by username in LFS.
Otherwise it's just like MSN, and why bother duplicating something that's already been done?

Waste of time.
Quote from tristancliffe :Friends can search for you by username in LFS.
Otherwise it's just like MSN, and why bother duplicating something that's already been done?

Waste of time.

What about someone does not have msn and dont know how to invite some of his friends.
Then he'll use an other program or he'll ask how to use msn
I was acutally considering writing a program to do something like this within lfs via insim. Seemed to be hard but possible. Second thing would be where to run it from.....

Maybe ill think some more but as tristan says basically not much need for it
Quote from mcgas001 :I was acutally considering writing a program to do something like this within lfs via insim. Seemed to be hard but possible. Second thing would be where to run it from.....

Maybe ill think some more but as tristan says basically not much need for it

If I use insim.. and the other friend does not have it.. it to much to do..
Much easyer with just push a button in the game and choose who you want to talk with who is ON
is it really that necessary for lfs to become an racing-instant-messenger?
Quote from Biohazard :is it really that necessary for lfs to become an racing-instant-messenger?

I really want it
Quote from Biohazard :is it really that necessary for lfs to become an racing-instant-messenger?

No it isn't.... I don't wanna see a chat system in LFS. We already have meeting room, and Username search. Plus you can use TS or Ventrilo..
Quote from aroX123 :What about someone does not have msn and dont know how to invite some of his friends.

Then they won't know or understand what instant messaging is, in which case they'll prefer emails or PMs. Or they use a different IM client.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :We already have meeting room

ooOOoo, many there.

Quote from Töki (HUN) : and Username search.

What if he isnt online? Much better to see
Oh, he is online i push a button and i join.

Quote from tristancliffe :emails or PMs. Or they use a different IM client.

So, you go out from lfs, start internet page and go write messenge.
and send.. and he is not going to answer for a while.
Quote from aroX123 :... he is not going to answer for a while.

Then he's not a real friend
If he isn't online you can't join him. Email/PM/IM him.
If he is online then join him via search.
If you don't know you could always check on MSN, or use LFSWorld and LFSJoin.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Then he's not a real friend

lol

Quote from tristancliffe :If he isn't online you can't join him. Email/PM/IM him.

That take much longer time to PM, and maybe he doesn't reply at once, maybe 30 min or some (maybe he is not on the Hotmail thing)
Quote from tristancliffe :If he is online then join him via search.

You spend much more time with that, i tryed to join via that, does not work.
Quote from tristancliffe :
If you don't know you could always check on MSN, or use LFSWorld and LFSJoin.

Same as above
You weren't able to join, or you didn't want to? BTW I don't think that the devs would spend any time for this (100%) We have options, well not _that_ fast but we have
Quote from Töki (HUN) :You weren't able to join, or you didn't want to?

I wanted to but it just come up an internet page, and it says:
Error: and then the servername
Quote from Töki (HUN) :
BTW I don't think that the devs would spend any time for this (100%) We have options, well not _that_ fast but we have

I agree that

I just tougth we could have allmost as same as steam.
U can see all your friends online, ingame(in a server) or offline
Typing your friends username in the "Search For User" doesn't take time, and its very easy to do. If your talking about a friend list and search for that friend it could be made with an application using InSim, and your friend would not need to run it.

However if your talking about actually making a chat program, its not worth it. I already started working on that and to chat privately in LFS it would be a waste of time. Go to an empty server if your friend doesn't have a different form of Instant Messenger. Otherwise use Ventrilo, TeamSpeak or other software. IMO this is a racing simulator not a chat room - of course it is nice to talk with friends you meet so you can exchange ideas and thoughts about racing, but why does it need to be in private?
Rofl, you have always something to say.
Quote from aroX123 :Yes, What about that?
I really want it

Then I'm afraid that you'll have to do it yourself Do you really expect the Devs to do it?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Then I'm afraid that you'll have to do it yourself Do you really expect the Devs to do it?

Yes
I still think this is a good idea.

It's already been added to LFSWorld, all it needs is this to transfer to the client.
You don't see other professional games saying you should use a 3rd-party program
Did you guys like the idea or not?
I can stand if you make a crap(ish) suggestion topic once a week, but bumping them several times per day for no reason is ridiculous if you ask me

LFS Friends
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG