The online racing simulator
#1 - Noccy
new logitech wheel for GT5 [Logitech driving force GT]
There were rumours about a new wheel being released for GT5 and now they seem to be confirmed.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/ ... php?p=2920523#post2920523

Doesnt look like a new wheel at all to me, just a DFP with a reworked centrepart (added buttons).
But i'm sure most GT5 players would be happy to shell out double the price(150€) for a refreshed DFP since it has a working horn!
Rofl, working horn Nice, but G25 fairly beats it.
nice... sounds lame, i hope there is clutch this time around, since GT5 apperently has clutch...
Quote from atlantian :nice... sounds lame, i hope there is clutch this time around, since GT5 apperently has clutch...

Same pedals as DFP's...
wow.. that sucks some major ****
#6 - isamu
best wheel I've ever seen in my life!
Just looks like a DFP. Improved proparly nothing new. Only a horn .
ROFL never expected that from logitech.
Indeed seems to be the much hated DFP is back. All this ''pure simulation'' crap is getting a bit annoying, as if GT5 with this poorish wheel is the best.. Wasn't it Bill Hicks who told all Marketing people to kill themselves? He had a point..
Well the blurb claims it has anti backlash, which is what keeps the G25 solid, unlike the original DFP which has that slight play around the centre. So it looks like there is some improvement.

11 inch wheel also, which IIRC is bigger than the DFP.

I quite like it it. I assume it will work on the PC?
and looks arcadish....
wow.... is Logitech trying to pull an early April Fools prank or something? That looks like a total piece of crap... i'd rather have the OLD DFP then that fugly thing. And not to mention, since they supposedly designed it with Polyphony Digital.... why is there no clutch? Why is there no H-Shift?...... What a let down by Logitech. . I was amazed when I went from my DFP to a G25... it was like night and day...

On the plus side, maybe this means more sales for the Fanatec 911-wheel (yes, i am in love with my 911-wheel) LOL
Quote : Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel Delivers Powerful Force Feedback, Brake Bias and Traction Control Adjustment

Aren't these just some buttons? Maybe some kind of potentiometer but thats all isn't it

Next one "Ultimate screenshot generator" official wheel will probably have adjustable ESP ..... also maybe "rechargeable" airbag

Quote :the Driving Force GT features an illuminated horn button with the official Gran Turismo logo. Using the authentic sounds of the car being driven, racers can quickly alert other cars when they are approaching fast.

Or when playing online, people can simply use the horn to taunt other players as they speed by.

:slap:
Hey calm down, also it has lower price than G25, i wonder about FF, if it's same as DFP or as G25.
Since when was the DFP "much hated"? For a long time, the DFP was the wheel everyone had. I don't think this looks too bad, especially for the price. I'm guessing internally some of the good things from the G25 have trickled down, the main thing it's missing is a clutch pedal.
the red thing around the button looks extremely ugleh
#16 - MR_B
They're not so much as milking the cash cow, as ringing it dry.

There's absolutely no mention of any improvements inside the wheel, just the novelty buttons they've given it. When will people wake up and realise This Will Not Do!
I find this part really funny:
Quote :“The Gran Turismo series has always been designed for racing enthusiasts,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital. “The Driving Force GT racing wheel was designed to perfection by our team

Like in the way they perfected the realism in GT4 (and 3-2-1 )
That makes me kinda sad.
Quote from MR_B :There's absolutely no mention of any improvements inside the wheel

Yes there is. DFP does not have anti-backlash system. Plus as suggested above, there are likely to be whatever improvements have been discovered since after The G25 was released. It's bound to have had at least some design re-jig since the original DFP. Anti-backlash shows this.

No one's forced to buy this, why is everyone so outraged?
Quote from sgt.flippy :I find this part really funny:

Like in the way they perfected the realism in GT4 (and 3-2-1 )
That makes me kinda sad.

I think thats just a japanise way of joking
Quote from dontsimon :
No one's forced to buy this, why is everyone so outraged?

The DFP is/was the GT4 wheel, and now this, which I will call the DFP2, is the GT5 real. Makes perfect sense really.

The G25 is their high end wheel.
this is outrageous
Quite interesting actually. It would be perfect if it was a G25 inside, with cheaper materials outside and without clutch/h-shifter. Since I already have quality set of pedals and h-shifter so I don't want to buy the whole set (G25), but I am looking for a replacement for my DFP. Also that brake bias dial is a nice addition
We'll just have to wait for reviews and see what if this wheel is actually anything special or if it's just a periodical update of the range.
If it is a G25 internally then I think that would be a good move. Then as far as the wheel goes (ie apart from the pedals / shifter) the only difference to the G25 then would be the leather. The extra buttons make up for that imo.
Logitech driving force GT - new wheel from logitech?
This doesnt really look like much of a new wheel from Logitech, just looks like they've slapped a few fancy buttons on the Driving Force Pro, and made it compatible with the PS3. Any information on if it spins the same speed as the DFP, cause I would have thought they would improve that if they were releasing another model of it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG