The online racing simulator
Credit idea.
(8 posts, started )
#1 - Mc21
Credit idea.
I had an idea in my dream last night lol.

Right, what about when you car get damaged, like overheated or bodykit, you have to use your credits to fix it, and it will be saved on your license so if you breakdown all your cars execpt 1, you need to keep at least 1 car not damaged so you can still get credits to fix your cars.
Has been mentioned a few times before.
i think its a good idea but needs to be developed...
NO additional parts should be added or bought to improve speed
I think it should only be for repairs.

The only draw-back i can think of is for people that are not so quick and dont get many credits.... what happens if they write-off a car?

Anyway, good concept but needs work
I guess the biggest problem with damage fixed by using credits is that most people seem to write off many cars in the beginning of their LFS career whe there is not much credits available. So once you get that F08 into pieces there is no way of fixing that Imho the idea of earning credits should be to encourage player to play more different car/track combos.

[I would just drop the credits and either make a whole new system with a) different kind of earning system based on many other things plus the finishing order. Or b) just make the cars somehow available by driver experience (the old credit limit per car). Or by c) lap time with certain car/track combo needed offline before being able to drive online, maybe a server side setting to set the desired time and ability to turn it off for some unusual races]

Links to other credits related suggestions (blablabla )
License Tests
A betting-system for the credits
Some suggestions there too
More...
Getting credits from driving tests
Credits to fix damage

EDIT: Ridiculous typing, missing words and general nonsense
#4 - ajp71
The way forward is not credits but simply much more realistic damage, IRL closed wheel cars cannot take the battering the single seaters take in LFS. IRL one touch is all it takes to end a race in an open wheeled car and the damage from cliping wheels can be a lot more than you might initially think, looking at upwards of £600 everytime you take a corner off a small single seater, assuming the tub is OK.
Em...this is only my opinion but I think this is not the kind of realism that LFS should aim to.

The great thing about computer sims is that you don't have to worry about accidents or bills If I have 20 free minutes for doing some laps, I don't want to know anything about credits or repairs, just five clicks and I'm racing online, that's what makes LFS so great.

But... maybe in the future, there could be something like a damage percentage, divided into engine/drivetrain/susp/body.... at the end of the race. That way league admins can create a money/repairs system for their league, but external to LFS itself.

Edit:
Quote from Hyperactive :I would just drop the credits and either make a whole new system with a) different kind of earning system based on many other things plus the finishing order.

Maybe the only good thing I saw at Race Driver 2 online racig was some kind of "experience points". The thing worked more or less like the ladder system. You start with 1500 (any number), and earn or loose credits by racing, but the more experienced drivers you beat, the more credits you earn, this is not new, but it worked well.
i really like the idea, but it would cause a even higher differences between beginners and expirienced drivers.
a posibility to avoid this could be that your suggestion works only with people having had at least once more than 1000 credits.
another problem i see concerns the leagues.
you participe in a race with a car you damaged in a way, that you cant repair anymore.
so, what to do now?
maybe there should be a option of the server to disable the feature.

but all this work for something that can be disabled. no.
I've never been clear as to what the credits are for in S2 as there wasn't anything to unlock. I'd be happy if SEV just did away with the credits altogether as they take away from the 'sim-ness' of LFS a little bit. And as soon as you start using the credits for stuff, it adds too much 'game-ness' for my liking. Perhaps SEV have some future plans for the credits, I don't know, but if not, ditch 'em. Takes up too much precious code
#8 - ajp71
^ I agree ^

Credit idea.
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG