The online racing simulator
LFS WMP, LFS Winamp & LFS iTunes
(200 posts, started )
Hi all,

Here we have a windows media player i made that works with lfs over insim. I made this program a while back for my personal use and told a few people. They liked it then i kinda didnt say much about it after that. I then saw a thread in the suggestions section and remembered i had this program about. A few people seemed keen so i decided to remake it today.

The only flaw to this is that you have to have it work of a play list. Currently i dont know how to make it play from a directory(someone knows feel free to p.m me). Its a relatively simple program to make as it was mainly hitching events and doing stuff depending on events. Anyway..to get it working.

insim port is selectable in the setup.txt file of both LFS iTunes and LFS WMP
(Default: 29999)

Unzip the files. Keep them all together else it wont work. Load LFS, start the program. You will see a button that says open. Click that then navigate to the play list you want to play. once you have selected that and clicked OK, go into LFS click "Show" and then a control of your choice.

To close the program simply click "Close" on the program main window.

Any bugs please report here, Same also goes for any suggestions.

Thanks to T-RonX for LFS_External as it saved me a lot of time and hassel.

Have fun!

[LFS WMP]
New version 1.0.4
  • Added text file to setup insim port and admin pass if needed
  • Fixed a small issue with the taskbar icon
version 1.0.3
  • Added TaskBar control, Click once on the icon for info, Double click for program to open. To minize to task bar, click the main window twice(double click)
  • Fixed a bug that ment the program could stay running in the background
version 1.0.1:
  • Merged Pause button with Play
  • Added a playlist button to fix a small bug
  • Added Radio support, enter URL click set then click Radio ingame
  • Fixed a small bug with Mute
[LFS WMP]

[LFS iTunes]
New version 1.0.0.1:
  • Fixed a issue reported by T-RonX with Vista and the task bar icon, Right click now shows song, Double left click opens LFS iTunes again. Thanks T-RonX.
Version 1.0.0
[LFS iTunes]

[LFS Winamp]
New version 1.0.0:
  • Basic working version
[LFS Winamp]
Attached files
LFS WMP V1.0.4.zip - 132 KB - 1306 views
LFS iTunes V1.0.0.1.zip - 49.8 KB - 753 views
LFS Winamp 1.0.0.zip - 31 KB - 1174 views
Nice work.

Any chance of one for Winamp?
Quote from beefyman666 :Nice work.

Any chance of one for Winamp?

Once again a few people have suggested this, ill have a look about and see what i can do. Cant be that hard.
nice work there looks exelent, i will download it now and tell you what i think, if i can figure out how to make a playlist lol.
Or either way, i just leave winamp running in the background.

But looks like a good tool.
Quote from squad_e :Or either way, i just leave winamp running in the background.

But looks like a good tool.

I see what your saying but theres 2 reasons for why you would use this.
  1. Its kinda like a "lite" version of WMP
  2. Its controlable in game, not all people have buttons on kb
i got a problem
i cant find the play list...
i created it thats for sure and if i go in the total commander i find it....when i go there with this WMP program it doesntfind it? wheres the problem?

where does it put the WMP playlist...cant find it either...it was there!
edit2: ok i found it now i tryed to start it and it says that connection is failed....cant get it to work heree....
Quote from HighRoad :i got a problem
i cant find the play list...
i created it thats for sure and if i go in the total commander i find it....when i go there with this WMP program it doesntfind it? wheres the problem?

Have you clicked "Open" then gone to My documents/My Music and looked in there for it? it could even possibly be in a new folder called
"My Playlists".
got it working fine now, its great, cant wait till i get some proper playlists made now :banana_ra
Nice, any chance to get that for media monkey?

OK ok i said nothing ^^
+1...top work mcgas001 :P
Good boy , keep up the good work
Quote from mcgas001 :Have you clicked "Open" then gone to My documents/My Music and looked in there for it? it could even possibly be in a new folder called
"My Playlists".

i opend it and i clicked open chose my playlist and then it wont show ingame
Quote from HighRoad :i opend it and i clicked open chose my playlist and then it wont show ingame

OK, Does the connection status on the program show "Connection status: Connected" ? if not what i suggest you do. Close the program Type in LFS "/insim 29992" then load LFS WMP Do as before and find the playlist. it should work. Unless your trying to run it on a server which of course will fail.
Brilliant application - thanks very much

Improvement suggestion: A shuffle button?
Getting one for foobar might be kinda cool.
Found a bug

With winamp running I can't place objects on server (with me as admin
Quote from J@tko :Found a bug

With winamp running I can't place objects on server (with me as admin

I guess this is more a LFS related bug. Its to do with button placement or something.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Getting one for foobar might be kinda cool.

Im not sure if i can do this but never the less ill still have a good look around!
when i enter to LFS say ''Password doesnt match with your admin password'' :/

anyone can help me ?
Quote from skyline24 :when i enter to LFS say ''Password doesnt match with your admin password'' :/

anyone can help me ?

Remove admin password in setup server.
Quote from Dalek0220 :Remove admin password in setup server.

(BTW Sam, we're on [DR] Server 1 if you wanna come and practice)

That's not a problem for me

I'm admin passe'd and still works (and lovin' it!)
Quote from J@tko :(BTW Sam, we're on [DR] Server 1 if you wanna come and practice)

That's not a problem for me

I'm admin passe'd and still works (and lovin' it!)

Non Dedi
But if it's not your server, what do you do?

(200 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG