The online racing simulator
Head-to-Head Racing Event #5
Well here it is Head-to-Head Racing Event #5. If you are interested and you can attend please sign up in the thread or PM me... PLEASE include your racername and username in the post!

Track: Fern Bay Green Reversed (FE2R)
Car: FZ5
Date: Saturday, February 16th 19:00 gmt

For those that have not been to a Head-to-Head Event please read the rules of the event as it is not a typical 50 lap race or anything like it:

Concepts:

Head-To-Head Racing has only two racers on the track at a given point in time, the total for a car/track combo should be less than 90 seconds on average. The race will be held twice; once with Driver A in the lead, and the next Driver A would be following. The times from both of these races will be added together and the driver with the lowest combined time is declared the winner. This eliminates the need to get around a driver to win the race, however it comes with a slight twist. If the driver following the other driver can make the pass and hold it to the finish line then they win the race. If this happens in the first race, there is no need for a second race. If it happens in the second race there the combined times do not count and the driver who successfully made the pass wins the race.

However, there are limitations that to the Pass to Win rule which won't automatically give the driver a win; If there is contact by the two racers resulting in a spin (lag, racing incident, or otherwise) then the race WILL go on to the second race IF AND ONLY IF the driver in the lead changed due to the spin. If an issue like this happens in the second race, then the total combined time will be used to judge whether the players move on. Pass to Win is also not a way to win during the Finals; the total combined time of the 2 races will be used to judge the final match. Another limitation to the Pass to Win is when a player has a penalty, they can NOT use the Pass to Win as a way to clear their penalty. If they start in the back and want to use the Pass to Win then they must pass their competitor AND finish with a lead that is more than their penalty amount. (A player with a penalty of 1s must have a lead of greater then 1s) - this applies to either race, although the other racer can still use the Pass to Win as normal. If neither of the racers use the Pass to Win to advance to the next round, then the penalty is added to the combined time, and as normal the driver with the lowest combined time advances.

The event will be held with two or three rounds before entering the Semi-Finals and Finals depending on the number of racers in the event. Each round (including semi-finals and finals) will be held with the driver with the worst time from the previous rounds in the lead first. Then the entire round will be held "again" with the opposite driver in the lead. This second pass will skip any races that have their final results already due to the "Pass To Win". The racing is fair for everybody and it doesn't matter what position you place in if you didn't get passed or do any passing.

The knockout system works in a series of rounds. Each round eliminates half of the racers, so that only the better racers proceed to the next race. The next race order is based on the "best" of the previous times. Meaning the players qualifying time (first round), or the best of time between the players first lap and second lap of the previous round. Then the player with the WORST time will be placed in first. If they can stay in the lead till the end, the race goes into stage 2 where they swap start positions and do the race again. If the first race start position is confusing, don't worry and just let it happen!

Rules / Penalties:

No talking during races (+1 second to time each comment including smileys).
No Auto pitting, Car Reseting or Spectating from the middle of the race!
This makes it hard to make neat videos.
No unsportsmanlike conduct (+10 seconds to Disqualification)
Slowing down at the end of the race: Disqualified
Blocking Passes: +10 seconds
Cutting the track: +10 seconds
Intentional Hitting: +10 seconds (each hit)
Avoidable Hitting IS Intentional +10 seconds
Racing Incidents/Lag will not cause penalties

Contact Policy:

The nature of a Head-to-Head one lap race is to be a very quick race around the circuit. Racing incidents DO and WILL happen and they will be more prone to happen in this style of racing because both drivers are pushing their limits. Each driver is being pressured to perform thier very best for an entire lap so he/she will be more apt to spin, and try to get by another person... If there was a simple racing incident or even lag, just continue racing as soon as you can. If you flip over or your car is not drivable or stuck then DO NOT reset, spectate or auto-pit. Just let your car sit where it is until the end of the race. Any intentional or avoidable incidents will award the accused person a 10 second penalty. The end of the race is the time for discussing these events so hold your frustrations back, and continue racing the best you can as if it was real life.

Blocking Policy:

There is no blocking other racers, if someone is going to pass you it is safer to let them pass you then it is to try getting into their path and block them. Its also unfair sportsmanship, so a 10 second penalty could be added to a drivers time if they block another racer. Changing your line before the other racer is too close is acceptable, but only ONCE during a straight. Swinging back and forth, or pushing another driver off the corner will result in a 10 second penalty added to the time. If a driver is by your side as you are about to enter the corner on the inside, brake a little sooner to compensate because you will be responsible if you push the other driver off the track - even if its done without contact. If you don't give the space you will be considered blocking...

-------- Confirmed Sign up List --------

1) [SR]BlackBird - blackbird04217
2) [SR]E.de Souza - de Souza
3) [SR]Blas89 - Blas89
4) Stefan Alfons - Stefani24
5) Tony(fin) - tonyonparas
6) [SR]Andrei221 - Andrei221
7) [SR]Simah - Simah
8) ©[SR]Mp3Astra - Mp3 Astra
9) [TDRT]N.Puntola - LFSn00b
10) -TR- CrazyaroX - arox123
11) SRTx Tomhah - Tomhah
12) [FM]troy - troy
13) [SR] agent_k - agent_k
14) Chano - Chanoman315
Username: Blas89
Racername: [SR]Blas89

lol@ the combo
LFSW name: Stefani24
Racer name: Stefan Alfons
username: tonyonparas

Racername: Tony(fin)
I am in too.

[SR]Andrei221 / Andrei221
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
Are you signing up, or not? I am confused! Should I be putting you on an unconfirmed list. And don't forget your info.
#7 - Simah
Racer name: [SR]Simah
LFSW: Simah
-
I'm in.

User Mp3 Astra
Racer ©[SR]Mp3Astra
Quote from LFSn00b :In - you know my infos

I know your info, but I would like you to sign up normally so new people will follow by example, thanks. : )
-TR- CrazyaroX
arox123

I try again
Good lord, must I always type the same for each round!

By now you should know it Blackbird, so I'm in.

License Name : Dalek0220
Race Name : ©[SR]DalekSam
Quote from Dalek0220 :Good lord, must I always type the same for each round!

By now you should know it Blackbird, so I'm in.

Will edit on request.

Yes, you like everyone else must type it every time. I am not searching around for it, and I would like all posts to include this information. It takes just 1 person to say "I am in" and then 4 others follow along those lines. Simply type it because YOU know the info better than I do. Thanks.
Im in BB

LFS-username: Tomhah
LFS-Nickname: SRTx Tomhah (its with some japanise things xD)
#14 - troy
i still have an open bill with mr. puntola, so guess what i'm in too

lfsworld: troy
nickname: [FM]troy
hahah I'm looking forward to that particular battle
-
A little bump because it looks like we will need one... Come on guys need a few more people, remember this doesn't work so well if there are less than 16 people!
lfsworld: agent_k
racername: [SR] agent_k
Come on guys last night/day for signups!!!
Im in!!!! plsss
Chano
Chanoman315
Mexico
Hey guys, I am sending out the server and password as we speak.

Anyone who wants to join practice we are still looking for some members so join the server: [SR]Event

no password right now, but there will be when the event starts
How was it? My ISP didn't let me stay untill the end :P
It was great. We still need to do the results and a writeup and stuff but the finals proved to be a battle that the new champion Troy walked away from victorious with his first ever Head-to-Head win. Congrats Troy and all racers the results will be up soonish.
I was robbed! I managed to hit Blackbird twice in the quarter finals and caused a pretty big crash. Other than that, it was a fun event!
I will get the results up later tonight or tomorrow night. We are doing a little more this time, and I wanna be ready for it. So come back shortly to see the results.

Sorry this is taking a bit longer but please be patient.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG