The online racing simulator
The Meaning of The Word "All" -Rant Warning
All [awl] -adj.

1.the whole of (used in referring to quantity, extent, or duration): all the cake; all the way; all year.
2.the whole number of (used in referring to individuals or particulars, taken collectively): all students.

- http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/all

Do the people that use the word "all" to generalize people, usually against a specific topic (specifically "Why all -insert noun here- hate -insert noun here-"), realize the meaning of the word?

How about we just don't use words and no language of any sorts and then we really won't have any issues!
Two answers:
Yes, if those who generalise are flamebaiting.
No, if they are simpletons.

Edit: XCNuse, your words are surprisingly similar to my signature, but I want to assume that's just a coincidence. In fact I feel more like him than like you, so I won't dismiss his non-rant.
Quote from XCNuse :

How about we just don't use words and no language of any sorts and then we really won't have any issues!

How about we just learn the meaning of the words of our languages of any sorts then we really won't have any issues!

Quote from Albieg :Two answers:

Edit: XCNuse, your words are surprisingly similar to my signature, but I want to assume that's just a coincidence. In fact I feel more like him than like you, so I won't dismiss his non-rant.

I was referring to the simpletons
A TRULY Politically Correct post that wont upset anybody at ALL!

Quote :Start....

...End

Quote from Albieg :Two answers:

I never look at signatures anyway lol

Also on the topic, legoflamb I didn't notice it at first but how you're generalizing .. anyways

hypocrite!

@bladerunner, lol!
All, when combined with exaggeration and stereotyping can mean "the large proportion of".

But I guess you knew that and just wanted to be an arse.
He didn't generalise, although he's been more specific later. As for simpletons, I don't pretend everyone can understand even simple things. So...
Yeah I've been lonely, haven't been active on the forums lately and needed a topic for a thread that was sure to be responded to.
Quote from Bladerunner :A TRULY Politically Correct post that wont upset anybody at ALL!

Bollox! I had to use a bit more battery life in my optical mouse to scroll down a few clicks due to the unnecessary blank spaces

In regards to the topic.. I agree with the OP too. Hedumacation these days is not much more than a bad joke, especially when it comes to spelling and grammar (made worse by including new words in dictionaries such as 'texting'(!!) ).

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Bollox! I had to use a bit more battery life in my optical mouse to scroll down a few clicks due to the unnecessary blank spaces

In regards to the topic.. I agree with the OP too. Hedumacation these days is not much more than a bad joke, especially when it comes to spelling and grammar (made worse by including new words in dictionaries such as 'texting'(!!) ).

Regards,

Ian

They are adding text shortcuts to the dictionary's?
Quote from legoflamb :They are adding text shortcuts to the dictionary's?

Not sure about the shortcuts, but to me, 'texting' (which has been added) isn't a word, IMO, and definitely wasn't when I was at school.

Example:

Quote from dictionary.com :tr.v. text·ed, text·ing, texts

1. To send a text message to: She texted me when she arrived.
2. To communicate by text message: He texted that he would be late.

That to me is appalling

Regards,

Ian
My spelling and grammer is in no way what it used to be in my hedumacation days but, the one that rings my nipples has to be..

Did'nt......
Quote from Ian.H :Not sure about the shortcuts, but to me, 'texting' (which has been added) isn't a word, IMO, and definitely wasn't when I was at school.

Example:

That to me is appalling

Regards,

Ian

I see.
Sorry for my bad English.
Quote from March Hare :Sorry for my bad English.

I (personally) have no problem when somebody for whom English is NOT their mother tongue gets it wrong; that is forgiveable, at least the effort is obvious. When somebody who is supposedly English cannot get it right, they deserve to be ridiculed.

Quote from Ian.H :Bollox! I had to use a bit more battery life in my optical mouse to scroll down a few clicks due to the unnecessary blank spaces

So...go buy a REAL mouse with a 'tail', instead of a fancy wireless rodent!

Quote from Ian.H : In regards to the topic.. I agree with the OP too. Hedumacation these days is not much more than a bad joke, especially when it comes to spelling and grammar (made worse by including new words in dictionaries such as 'texting'(!!) ).

2008 English SAT exam:

Q1) Pls def9 teh fllwng sn10ce: "Wht I thnk of the bks wrtn by Bll Wtrg8?"
(Answr cn b wrtn in txtspk)
I completely agree with you Bladerunner, I find that I'm a bit ashamed to not be able to speak or write in any other language, however I am taking Japanese 180 (equal to kindergarten in Japan).
Quote from Bladerunner :A TRULY Politically Correct post that wont upset anybody at ALL!

I find that post rude, degrading, disgusting, and offensive towards my religious beliefs, sexual orientation and skin colour. You should be ashamed of yourself for such disregard to someone else's way of life.
haha
Quote from legoflamb :All [awl] -adj.

1.the whole of (used in referring to quantity, extent, or duration): all the cake; all the way; all year.
2.the whole number of (used in referring to individuals or particulars, taken collectively): all students.

- http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/all

Do the people that use the word "all" to generalize people, usually against a specific topic (specifically "Why all -insert noun here- hate -insert noun here-"), realize the meaning of the word?

Languages evolve. The ones that don't evolve are the ones nobody uses...
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Languages evolve. The ones that don't evolve are the ones nobody uses...

If the meanings of the words change, than I could say "For chart line two red" and say that I choose those words to mean "The large car is blue" because they had no meaning in the first place. Its like the words "fag/gay", they have no meaning any more because they are used so often in the completely wrong context.
You mean the gay guy with a fag?
Translation:
You mean the happy guy with a cigarette?
yes

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG