The online racing simulator

Poll : What music is best?

Rock and Roll
Electronic (Dance / Techno / Trance / etc)
Heavy Metal
Hip hop / Rap / R&B
Punk
Classical / Orchestral / Opera
Reggae
Country
Blues
Pop
Jazz
Folk
Whats is best kind of music? [read as: what genre is your favourite]
What kind of music do you like best?
#2 - bbman
Wrong question, there is no "best kind of music", just what you prefer to listen to... And that discussion we had already...
The best music is the best. You shouldn't let yourself be confined in a single genre.

PS. You totally forgot bunch of genres from the poll too.
You forgot indie aswell, and reggae and classical and etc etc etc
Ridiculous poll of the week award
Why do you guys have to put someone down just trying to ask a friendly question?
Quote from racer hero :Why do you guys have to put someone down just trying to ask a friendly question?

Putting you down?

They're merely stating facts...
Chill winston, we are merely stating that it just isn't that easy to pidgeon-hole musical tastes.

I would like to think that most people have a wide varied taste in music, as it would be a shame to limit yourself to a single genre.
Whats is best kind of music?

Erm...............my kind of course
I can't vote, as I don't listen to such music there is, there is no Drum and Base, Trance/Techno etc.
what is the best kind of music..... for what, many different people like different kinds of music at different times of the day. like asking how long is a piece of string
the answer is 42...
Made poll less useless.
Thanks bob.
Less useless != useful.

As a simple example, where's lowercase? That's what I particularly dig in the last few days.
Quote from Albieg :LAs a simple example, where's lowercase? That's what I particularly dig in the last few days.

Alva Noto by any chance?
Quote from xaotik :Alva Noto by any chance?

I'd classify him under post-techno and glitch, or click. Carsten Nicolai has been the purest glitch/click artist up to date, at least in his solo efforts. But I already said elsewhere in this forum that taxonomies in music are always imperfect.

To be precise, I'm relating more to artists such as Pernaiachi (two CDs in a long compositional career, Ora being a two hours silent masterpiece) or Sukora (Tower was hard to find at an acceptable price). However, everything is related to John Cage's opinion about the inexistence of absolute silence from a purely perceptional point of view.

There's a lot more stuff in lowercase than dirty silence, however

Edit: maybe this is just a complicated way to say I won't ever vote in such poll...
Orchestral music (not always classic)
Dan - I don't consider that a genre.

Edit: Indeed, the wiki lists it under rock, but then by that rule I should merge metal in too.

Quote from Albieg :Less useless != useful.

Hence my careful chouce of words.
Well the right genre's winning, at least
Quote from Bob Smith :
Hence my careful chouce of words.

I know. From a popular point of view, paraphrasizing Celine out of context, I might just be building needles to sodomize flies.

Or - from my own point of view - I'm stating that I've grown tired of polls that flatten everything to some well known border or beaten track. Don't ask us the word that squares each side of our formless soul, wrote Eugenio Montale.
#24 - JTbo
How one could limit it to only one genre?

There is equally great pieces of music in many genres and it would be impossible to pick just one.

From classic opera to trance, but I won't listen anything where they yell with sharp noises from instruments, there always have to be some flowing red ribbon in it.

Most music from top 10 lists I can bypass quite easily, those are quite tasteless and odorless so to say, like everything directed to masses seem to be, including cars for example.
Other genres not in the poll:
- V12
- Inline 4 with VTEC
- Flat 6 with turbo
- Tyres at the limit of adhesion

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG