The online racing simulator
Live for Speed Skin Database
(45 posts, started )

Welcome to the new Live for Speed Skin Database (LFSSDB) Thread

Visit us now! <-- lfssdb.com
Big Thanks to Martinss for hosting on his server

What is LFSSDB?
LFSSDB is a new Skin Database in the WorldWideWeb for LFS.
You are able to download, rate, comment any Skin without a required Registration. And everything is just for free!

And why i should register than?
As uploader you have to create an account - of course just for free, too.
Because of the very detailed Statistics of hosted Skins and registered Accounts, LFSSDB is not able to manage that without Registrations.

And what kind of Features i receive as registered User?
  • You are able to upload as much Skins as you want - There are no limitations.
  • You get very detailed Statistics of your Skins, your Profile.
  • You can set some Notifications (Default: off) e.g. get informed when getting new comments etc.
  • In Future there will be a Garage Option.
Can i support LFSSDB? I wanna have LFSSDB any longer!
Yes, of course you can!
For example you can donate via PayPal or linking a banner to LFSSDB, translate LFSSDB into your Language or just adding comments, suggestions, promotion anywhere else. Feel free - every suggestion is very important.

This Languages are already token:
English - Thanks for checking the (english) Language, JTuned!
Spanish - Thanks for translating into spanish, Nelson Trujillo!

#2 - J@tko
Great

Nice database of skins.
If you could make a larger advertising banner, about (ignore the text), i will be happy to put it on the TC forum

Dont worry if you dont have one, ill put the current ones on
Got a few skins from this great website, Good job guys!
New layout of the site etc is new

Anyway, I really like this page, you have putet down some work on it, and it`s giving results Hope more people will use it as they notice it.
Great looking site! Would be good with a proper domain name though.
Oh thanks to all the feedback
@RacerAsh: I´ll create a logo for that. Thanks for that
@silentwar: well you can connect with: lfssdb.com. But afterthat it will changed to skins.lfscommunity.lv :-/
Quote from RacerAsh3 :If you could make a larger advertising banner, about (ignore the text), i will be happy to put it on the TC forum

Here the banner
Nice lol ;D
"And your skin say, thank"
#11 - Woz
I have to ask why though as LFS supports in game download of skins.
Very Nice Site, reminds me of LFS Skins back in the Day
Quote from Woz :I have to ask why though as LFS supports in game download of skins.

True, but what about skins that you want to use?
Skins that gets downloaded are not for your use, it`s just to be able seeing other players skin.
Quote from RacerAsh3 :If you could make a larger advertising banner, about http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd48/TCCityDriving/SignatureMaxSize.jpg[/img] (ignore the text), i will be happy to put it on the TC forum

I'm loving the LFSSDB adverts on the fourms
which, reminds me, I gotta upload some of my master peices.

EDIT: any chance of upping the size for the skins? many of my 1024s are 600kb, and previews 400kb in PNGs. then I have to resize everything
Of course everything is possible.
Important are suggestions like Zomy does
But on the other side we have to calculate consequences

PNG Support for the whole site is a bit difficult, cause of the many scripts i had to change than
But i can create a converter
Quote from janwolf :Of course everything is possible.
Important are suggestions like Zomy does
But on the other side we have to calculate consequences

PNG Support for the whole site is a bit difficult, cause of the many scripts i had to change than
But i can create a converter

If the site had a converter it would be awesome
Nice one Janwolf, ill get it up ASAP!
Please i need a lot of suggestions and Feedback:

I´ll plan to integrate a own Garage. Every User is allowed to create one. So now i thought the Garage is editable by using css files.
Does anybody has good ideas or suggestions how we can create a garage (HTML + PHP), wich is as extremly editable as possible by only using css?

Coders: I need your Feedbacks!
Thank you

(PS: I need someone who is able to create a upload progress bar)
Noone interested in a Garage Option?
I am disappointed about that feedback, so maybe i think i´ll stop updating the database for a while.
Garage sounds great, unfortunately, i know nothing about coding.

All though, if you need help with forums and stuff, i know quite a bit which i could help you with.
hi Jan,

I like the site, don't stop maintaining the site. Although I don't care about a garage I think the site is pretty complete at this stage.
Quote from wheeler :hi Jan,

I like the site, don't stop maintaining the site. Although I don't care about a garage I think the site is pretty complete at this stage.

I`ll agree with what he said.
Live for Speed Skin Database increased upload limitations!

You are now able to upload Skins not greater than 900kb and Previews not greater than 500kb.

Have fun.
Feedback welcome.
UPDATE
Hi all LFSSDB Users,
i have updated the site a little bit to make this site more effective and user friendly.
  • I have integrated a fully working Login System, where you are able to keep signed in. In the past it was only possible to be logged in for a Session.
  • Search-SelectField: When searching on the website you are able to select a specific site by clicking on the select field. You needn´t to click "Next" on and on.
I am also think about a tutorial section but i have not received a opinion yet so give me feedback about this ;-)
Please read this: I also like to say that it would be helpfull to donate a small amount to LFSSDB. Otherwise the Existence of LFSSDB will be insecure soon. I already take out ads but thats nothing to receive enough to pay for the domain etc. Note: I am a student. So just donate maybe a dollar or more here (It is safe because it is used PayPal).

Feedback or Questions are welcome.

(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG