The online racing simulator
windshield alpha channel
(13 posts, started )
windshield alpha channel
The problem with disappearing objects in the windshield still exists.
it's now that objects have to be activated (bumped) to be invisible in the windshield of the FOX but still visible for everything not intersecting the windshield.

See attach and u'll know what i mean.
If the obect wasn't "bumped" then it remains opaque in the windshield, wether or not intersecting the shield.

if this was beeing posted before, excuse me, and delete this thread...

regards
Attached images
FOX - alpha channel.jpg
Most odd. How long has it done this for? Since patch Y?

Sounds/looks like a driver issue, or atleast something wrong your end, rather than with LFS.
#3 - Gil07
No, this is a known bug, at least I thought so. Had this quite some times before
I've never seen it on signs, this is nothing compared to what it used to be, what it used to be has since been corrected in patch Y, I don't know what to say about this, I really haven't seen this before.
I've seen it with the new BL pit speed boards, but only after you contact them
Maybe Driver iusses?
I've seen it before too with tires after you touch them, definitely in Patch X and probably before that too.
Yeah it was in patch X for sure - I think it had been reported too. Any object that gets it's physics "activated" isn't visible through the windshield.
hmm strange, I only knew that windshield/smoke issue ( DX 8 can only work with on alpha layer IIRC)
ohh, im happy that i saw this thread. I just wanted to open a new....

here is the same thing with the fbm in Y

I'd like to add that I get this with the pit lane lines for Aston Club with the FOX. It seems like the line will disappear (through the windshield) every few feet, but come back less than a second later when driving near the pit lane lines.
Attached images
LFS 036 FOX Alpha Channel.jpg
The objects that are moving must be rendered after the windshield pass which means they won't be shown where the transparency is... This is my good guess as it is an issue but I thought it was known, it is know if it wasn't before.
Quote from blackbird04217 :The objects that are moving must be rendered after the windshield pass which means they won't be shown where the transparency is... This is my good guess as it is an issue but I thought it was known, it is know if it wasn't before.

That doesn't explain the pit lane line in my screenshot.

windshield alpha channel
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG