The online racing simulator
In car radio
(28 posts, started )
In car radio
Just had an idea whilst waiting for a grid slot.
How about a radio channel that racers can tune into (during a race) which is a someone commentating on the race in progress?
Why not? The answer to that question is another question, why? Just make/ask some one to make an insim app that detects when a race is over, then turns on a music player that you already have open on your computer.

(wait is that possible)
Quote from legoflamb :Why not? The answer to that question is another question, why? Just make/ask some one to make an insim app that detects when a race is over, then turns on a music player that you already have open on your computer.

(wait is that possible)

Highly possible and fairly easy
Been suggested before, but I`ll agree with it here too.
Would be awesome if servers could use insim to have a music playlist on their server. And that insim program would connect up to a server and play music / radio.
I wouldn't deny the suggestion, but don't really think that would use it too. I think it would disturb racing.
But what for is it anyways? I'm having enough fun with racing..
Quote from The Very End :Been suggested before, but I`ll agree with it here too.
Would be awesome if servers could use insim to have a music playlist on their server. And that insim program would connect up to a server and play music / radio.

Yes, a music playlist on the server would be nice, but what about those with slower connections (like me)?

but i still like the idea. personally i like racing with music on, and i always have media player on while playing lfs...
Just convert your music to OGG and play it ingame
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Just convert your music to OGG and play it ingame

I would acutally do this, untill i converted 1 ogg file and it turned into some stupid size on my harddrive
uhm...just run WinAmp on the background and start and stop playback whenever race starts/stops then
I have no need i made myself a insim program thats a mini windows media player too
Quote from LFSn00b :Nova, any chance of sharing it?

It wouldnt be server side tho thats impossible....
Quote from mcgas001 :It wouldnt be server side tho thats impossible....

He ment to share your app you made...make it public finally...lol
Quote from DrDrug :I wouldn't deny the suggestion, but don't really think that would use it too. I think it would disturb racing.
But what for is it anyways? I'm having enough fun with racing..

Well, imagine live murray walker style commentary whilst you race .
i actually get bored of driving after the 6hr mark and i go and do commentaries via the chat function...

it won't annoy you, just type - when you had enough
Quote from The Very End :Been suggested before, but I`ll agree with it here too.

Yeah , for cruise server it would cool ( ? )
________
EXTREME Q VAPORIZER REVIEW
Quote from scoobyrbac :He ment to share your app you made...make it public finally...lol

Glad you reminded me acutally.

Incase you dont know what hes on about i made this little program a while ago to listen to music whilst driving. I was ment to finish it and release it but i totally forgot. Have a look at the pic
Attached images
WMP.JPG
You need a better music choice :P

Nice idea though.

Couldn't it just be done via TS?

DK
Haha, there was a lot i was ment to do to that program tho. I only made it for a test to see if i could do it, then i kinda got carried away. Im gonna remake it i think, add the bits i was thinking about at first and more with any luck. Ill also make the buttons more aranged as the one at the top kinda blinds you when driving on lfs. Other then that it works pretty cool

ill keep you posted on what happeneds with it
You got to release that, looks awesome!
I wanna listen to Taxi soundtrack while chasing a UF1
Quote from scoobyrbac :lol i been waiting 3 months for it

Haha, i will try finish it asap, it seems people want it?

In car radio
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG