The online racing simulator
Whos is the "real" racers in LFS?
(28 posts, started )
Just posting on another thread, gave me an idea for this thread.

Who are the "real" drivers in LFS. Now what i mean by real is, who actually gets to race on a track. Sorry, not karters, as this is quiet common, not disrespect, but karting is common, but who actually gets to race in real life on a real life track with real life cars.

Thought it would be interested to see who race's for real in LFS. I know Nikimere does, so expect him to post, as well as Moby, but who else is there. Any Class of anycar, execpt Karters and obviosuly RC cars, as I have done this at National Level
#2 - JTbo
I do.

This video is from last summer(6MB XVID), I still suck and I do have problems staying on seat/fitting on car with helmet on, but maybe some day I get to decent times, those will be in 1:55-1:57 range.

There is only 130hp in my car and very tall gear ratios too, but it is lot of fun still
#3 - X-Ter
I've done a number of basic trackdays... not exactly 'racing', just throwing the car about.
#7 - ajp71
My dad races both a Van Diemen RF 90 single seater (140 bhp, wings + slicks) and a standard Morgan +8
Here in Hungary, Norbi does some serious real racing.

The story sounds like a dream. A real-life team-chief started to play Live for Speed, and he saw Norbi wins most of the races. He thought it's worth giving him a chance in a real car, and, guess what, Norbi didn't fail.

This year he raced in the Opel Astra cup, where - even though he only joined after the half season passed - he won the most races, and got the Rookie of the Year Award. Actually there's some article now in the media about what can be the secret of the simulator racers, coz Gabor Weber, who is two times Renault Clio Cup champion - as you might know - was the Grand Prix Legends world champion in 2001. Norbi has already done a test in a formula car too.

Here you can watch some onboard videos about his driving: http://norbertkiss.liveforspeed.hu/astra/ - Using a download manager is highly recommended, since the server is not really erm, brilliant

And here's the link for his formula car test: http://www.proexmotorsport.hu/norbiteszt/ - Understanding the text would be difficult for most of you guys, but pictures speak for themselfs.
Attached images
IMG_5218_big.jpg
0.jpg
20051003kissnorbi1.jpg
#9 - axus
I think karting on a national level should be considered as racing. I do not participate in it myself, but I have some friends that do and it seems to be a lot more serious and pofessional than rental karting. Afterall, all the Formula one racers started racing with karts - if they recognise their talent from there then that must be quite professional.
Geez, you really shoudn't have to But thanks
LFS taught me all that
weeee keszkemet! good luck in the future norbi
Damn norbi this is incredible
Now tell us how realistic LFS really is
Niki Meredith, known here as nikimere races touring cars.

Just don't know if he still does, cause his website wasn't updates since 04
#14 - AJS
Minden jót, Norbi !
Nice one norbi :up: Its nice to see LFS branching out into the real world
I do autoslalom, autocross (rallycross), TSD Rallys, and will hopefully be prepaired for a few stage rallys in 2007
Attached images
DSCF0006.JPG
not cars, but bikes. i did only a few rounds in the supersport BEMSEE thing last year, but money is a real problem. tyres, rebuilds, traveling etc.

do track days aswell, but anyone with leathers, a bike and a licence can do that.
all on one of 2 vfr400's
Quote from ATHome :Niki Meredith, known here as nikimere races touring cars.

Just don't know if he still does, cause his website wasn't updates since 04

Nope... no more racing
Not enough money to progress further. Thats motorsport for ya. Looking at some things for next year but i'm not getting my hopes up.
Great to hear about Norbi, gratz man All the best for the future.
Thats pretty cool Norbi! The little video of you going down the straight in the formula car is cool too, you were going fast!
Quote from nikimere :Nope... no more racing
Not enough money to progress further. Thats motorsport for ya. Looking at some things for next year but i'm not getting my hopes up.
Great to hear about Norbi, gratz man All the best for the future.

That's the biggest problem in motorsports... The costs
Im real race driver. I racing in Czech Republic in Renault clio rs cup car( viz. photo) .Maybe next year I will racing in New Renault clio cup with also real driver and Lfs driver (his lfs name is Johnny[nl]
See you back on track

P.s.: look at front bumber on logo of LFS

money its problem yeah need to find more sponsors or will not racing
Attached images
IMG_8072.JPG
KU5E1551.JPG
KU5E6329.JPG
KIF_3098.JPG
i feel dissapointed that karts arent counted as real racing, ayrton senna described it as the purest form of motorsport, and the only people who say it isnt 'real' racing are the ones who have never driven a PROPER kart. The racing is harder for sure, than some domestic banger car series. For example a season in a european karting series can cost around 100k for a half decent team, these domestic car series cost maybe 30k and the drivers are alot less experienced and easier to beat.

i think 'proper' karting isnt so common as u need to get a licence, get loads of signatures to get a National A licence to race at national level. with indoor karting just turn up and race..

i think fordie is joking about the RC cars, i did it too and its not real motorsport!
I agree with Will? (can never remember your name ) Holding a national B liscense myself

Although I don't agree with your comment on R/C racing. I've been lucky enough to race against the worlds best at the biggest indoor and outdoor Scottish events and they were mighty. I'm a usual front runner in the club racing against a very competitve field of drivers but these guys were something else. They could drive my fastest ever time as their average illepall they were like robots. I think I saw one mistake made from the A final and it was just someone running wide

Anyway I used to race karts all over Scotland but due to money had to pack it up. I then spectated at a R/C race and liked what I saw so took that up. Now I've spent quite a bit of money on it and have a lot of good equipment. It's not the best out their but it does me fine for the moment. I'm a team driver for Mtroniks who supply me with ESCs Which is very handy since they cost a fair chunk.

My current kit is
  • Lossi XXS G+ for indoor racing. Great turn in and generally a very smooth car to drive. This is my carpet car. The first pic is this car.
  • TC3 Racer with some parts upgraded to graphite. This is my outdoor car, I could be done with something a little lighter since it weighs something like 1600 and the weight limit is 1500 so I'm well over. This is the last picture.
  • Futaba3VC very happy with this transmitter and should be for the money. I can change some many things on it and it car seriously change how the car handles by playing with throttle curves and steering settings.This is the middle picture.
  • Ofcourse last but not least the main bit of it all an Mtroniks Cirius (spelling) That tiny little blue thing is the best speedo I've ever owned, although the power cap is a bit big This part is the blue thing.
I race 19T stock class mainly because the modified class is open and not as competitive as the 19T. I started in 2003 and became Jnr Scottish outdoor champion in 2003 picking up my Mtroniks sponsorship. I was runner up in the Jnr Scottish outdoor champion in 2004. I also won the SDRCC Jnr club championship. In 2003 and 2004 I won the Jnr IDMC (my local indoor club) championship three times in a row. Then for 2005 I had to move into Snrs championship just meaning I'm racing the Snrs in the points. Jnrs and Snrs aren't split up just we don't affect each others points. My first season with the Snrs I came 2nd. I'm currently in my second season with the Snrs which hasn't started well but I'm getting back on track with car trouble being fixed .

I miss karting but with my R/C racing I can work on my car in the warmth of my house and don't need my Dad to take me who is very busy at the moment and hasn't raced himself in ages . Okay R/C racing is probaly expensive in the scale but once your going you don't have anything else to buy.

Theres nothing better than throwing this little thing around at about 35-40mph indoors on carpet with loads of grip, so much that the car can roll if you've got your setup wrong

Keiran
Attached images
DSCN0016.JPG
rc 004.jpg
TC3.JPG
Nothing meant by the Non Karting thing, just I know most of you already, and was just interested in the other racers.

@keiran

NIce peice of Kit you have there. I was running the Schumacher Cat2000 EC 4WD model on outdoor and indoor tracks. I used to use between a 12T ( Short, indoor Tracks ) right up to a 16T on the outdoor tracks. BUt my Fav was the Speedy 13T. Mtronik's contract, nice. I used there Speedo's, but ad 1700 Matched Cells.

As for Expensive, you not wrong there, reason I had to stop at National Level. New tyres for each Event, plus spares, plus crystals, plus more motors, batteries, event costs, petrol, etc etc, but absolutley loads of fun
Quote from Jardier :money its problem yeah need to find more sponsors or will not racing

I know this is the "real" shame about Motor racing. If people have raw talent, then they should get paid to drive, like they do, say in Football. A friend of Mine runs International Motorsport based at Snetterton, and they are a Van Dieman Team. £30,000 it costs for a season

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG