The online racing simulator
New Force Dynamics 401 + FO8
(36 posts, started )
Wow!! I'd love to try that, because I think it's hard to imagine what it would actually feel like when you're in the driver seat.
Wow. Now that's a nice system. What a way to bring simulation to its finest definition. Is a Hans device included?
#4 - Tango
i thought they ceased trading and sold off the remaining units on ebay.
its too expensive and a niche market to be a success.its a pity though.
Quote from Tango :i thought they ceased trading and sold off the remaining units on ebay.

What's a pity? I think you're mistaken. I remember some American guy selling ones that he had bought from them, but FD are still developing the things, so they must be doing ok.
I bet the projector lamps don't last long

These units are rich boys toys if you ask me dont you just wish you could have one in the garage or spare room (if you had one of those)
nice find .

SD.
a niche market yes. But i am sure they have quite a large mark up which would cover the small sales.

As with Fortec and other racing companies keen to gain an advantage this technology would make up a small part of their development budget so that's probably where their future lies for this sort of thing.
Sooo... I got the Nixon mask ready. Who's coming with me for some bank heisting?
Perisoft, please come to my town, and I want to drive this damn thing!!!! I will do all your uber hotlaps and make your coffee in the mornings
Sure does look fun! Glad to see Force Dynamics appearing to do well and developing a new rig. Look forward to trying one some day.

Keep it up, guys!
i wonder how reliable it is tho, i would think the rumble strips would just shake the shit out of the electronics and such.

yay 50 posts
With that guy driving it won't last much
#13 - J.B.
Happy to see they seem to be doing well with their business.

Also worth reading their site. http://www.force-dynamics.com/content/whatis401.php

Quote from Force Dynamics :So, this is great! But what we found when we started testing the 401 is this: Not only is it important to feel the rotation of the car when you've broken the rear end loose, or in a four-wheel drift, but it makes an incredible difference even when the car's glued down to the road. The ability to feel the rotation of the car through the corner means you know where you are in space; that sense of turning tells you even more than your eyes how close you are to the apex. Speaking from personal experience, I tend to have a big problem with apexing too early in the 301 and with 'desk driving'. And while I'm sure you'll notice a few instances of that in the video, the feeling of positioning left-right on the road with the 401 is vastly improved. That rotation axis actually gives you a physical sensation of position on the road, something we didn't anticipate when we started out.

It is pretty cool, I think it could be adapt to some arcade game, 5$ 10min and you get your money back !
#16 - JJ72
arcade doesn't deserve that.
#17 - JEP
WOW !

Look's great !
Quote from spankmeyer :Sooo... I got the Nixon mask ready. Who's coming with me for some bank heisting?

meee!!!!

it looks like its for the rich spoiled people im ok in my
executive swivel chair dum dum daaa!
Quote from de Souza :With that guy driving it won't last much

Well, that's just not nice!

(I set the car up horribly in order to make it slide around a lot, to show how the rotation axis works. And then I drove like a weasel on amphetamines, too. If I drove like that all the time while testing I'd be pretty sore... )

Quote from Tango :i thought they ceased trading and sold off the remaining units on ebay.

That was actually a customer of ours who was looking to set up a series of sim racing centers. Unfortunately sometimes investors hem and haw until it's too late to do a project. But we're still going strong; companies don't tend to release new models after ceasing trading...
It sure looks amazing! What kind of price range are we talking about here? Couldn't find that in the FAQ on your website.
It sure is amazing to use one of these, but, unless you have some millions € on spare, it's foolishly expensive.
EDIT: the 301 is available at something like 24000$
Wow...
Yes, it's a bit expensive, specially if you consider that that's "only" the 301.
Damn.. Thats some pretty serious stuff heh..

However I dont see myself crashing a bf1 into a barrier :S seeing that rally crash imagin in a BF1 spining so many times. Gunna hurt the neck !

Looks amazing tho!

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG