The online racing simulator
Head-to-Head Event 3
(57 posts, started )
Head-to-Head Event 3
Well here comes a new event. I don't have much time to post the rules so I will come back and edit this post when I have the chance. Sign up in the thread or PM me...

Track: South City Chicane Rev (SO6R)
Car: XFR
Date: Saturday, January 26th 19:00 gmt

For those that have not been to a Head-to-Head Event please read the rules of the event as it is not a typical 50 lap race or anything like it:

Concepts:

Head-To-Head Racing has only two racers on the track at a given point in time, the total for a car/track combo should be less than 90 seconds on average. The race will be held twice; once with Driver A in the lead, and the next Driver A would be following. The times from both of these races will be added together and the driver with the lowest combined time is declared the winner. This eliminates the need to get around a driver to win the race, however it comes with a slight twist. If the driver following the other driver can make the pass and hold it to the finish line then they win the race. If this happens in the first race, there is no need for a second race. If it happens in the second race there the combined times do not count and the driver who successfully made the pass wins the race.

However, there are limitations that to the Pass to Win rule which won't automatically give the driver a win; If there is contact by the two racers resulting in a spin (lag, racing incident, or otherwise) then the race WILL go on to the second race IF AND ONLY IF the driver in the lead changed due to the spin. If an issue like this happens in the second race, then the total combined time will be used to judge whether the players move on. Pass to Win is also not a way to win during the Finals; the total combined time of the 2 races will be used to judge the final match. Another limitation to the Pass to Win is when a player has a penalty, they can NOT use the Pass to Win as a way to clear their penalty. If they start in the back and want to use the Pass to Win then they must pass their competitor AND finish with a lead that is more than their penalty amount. (A player with a penalty of 1s must have a lead of greater then 1s) - this applies to either race, although the other racer can still use the Pass to Win as normal. If neither of the racers use the Pass to Win to advance to the next round, then the penalty is added to the combined time, and as normal the driver with the lowest combined time advances.

The event will be held with two or three rounds before entering the Semi-Finals and Finals depending on the number of racers in the event. Each round (including semi-finals and finals) will be held with the driver with the worst time from the previous rounds in the lead first. Then the entire round will be held "again" with the opposite driver in the lead. This second pass will skip any races that have their final results already due to the "Pass To Win". The racing is fair for everybody and it doesn't matter what position you place in if you didn't get passed or do any passing.

The knockout system works in a series of rounds. Each round eliminates half of the racers, so that only the better racers proceed to the next race. The next race order is based on the "best" of the previous times. Meaning the players qualifying time (first round), or the best of time between the players first lap and second lap of the previous round. Then the player with the WORST time will be placed in first. If they can stay in the lead till the end, the race goes into stage 2 where they swap start positions and do the race again. If the first race start position is confusing, don't worry and just let it happen!

Rules / Penalties:

No talking during races (+1 second to time each comment including smileys).
No Auto pitting, Car Reseting or Spectating from the middle of the race!
This makes it hard to make neat videos.
No unsportsmanlike conduct (+10 seconds to Disqualification)
Slowing down at the end of the race: Disqualified
Blocking Passes: +10 seconds
Cutting the track: +10 seconds
Intentional Hitting: +10 seconds (each hit)
Avoidable Hitting IS Intentional +10 seconds
Racing Incidents/Lag will not cause penalties

Contact Policy:

The nature of a Head-to-Head one lap race is to be a very quick race around the circuit. Racing incidents DO and WILL happen and they will be more prone to happen in this style of racing because both drivers are pushing their limits. Each driver is being pressured to perform thier very best for an entire lap so he/she will be more apt to spin, and try to get by another person... If there was a simple racing incident or even lag, just continue racing as soon as you can. If you flip over or your car is not drivable or stuck then DO NOT reset, spectate or auto-pit. Just let your car sit where it is until the end of the race. Any intentional or avoidable incidents will award the accused person a 10 second penalty. The end of the race is the time for discussing these events so hold your frustrations back, and continue racing the best you can as if it was real life.

Blocking Policy:

There is no blocking other racers, if someone is going to pass you it is safer to let them pass you then it is to try getting into their path and block them. Its also unfair sportsmanship, so a 10 second penalty could be added to a drivers time if they block another racer. Changing your line before the other racer is too close is acceptable, but only ONCE during a straight. Swinging back and forth, or pushing another driver off the corner will result in a 10 second penalty added to the time. If a driver is by your side as you are about to enter the corner on the inside, brake a little sooner to compensate because you will be responsible if you push the other driver off the track - even if its done without contact. If you don't give the space you will be considered blocking...

Please give me BOTH your player name and user name if you would like to sign up.

Racer List:

1) [SR]Blackbird - blackbird04217
2) Nova - mcgas001
3) [SR]De Souza - de Souza
4) [SR]Thor - Thorvertonian
4) [SR]Andrei - Andrei221
5) [SR]MTelling - MTelling
6) Tony(fin) - tonyonparas
7) NikoPDR - lfsn00b
8) -=STG=- Cobra-R - 1995cobraR
9) [SR]Jambo - Jambo
10) [SR]Blas89 - Blas89
11) Harjun - harjun
12) [SR]DalekSam - Dalek0220
13) Kila Starblue - Starblue
14) Phreak23 - gohfeld23
15) Lelo_BR - Lelo_BR
16) Hector Fontanet - Transam2k4
17) Mp3 Astra - Racer: Mp3 Astra UK
18) ryan rox4 - ryan rox4
19) [Muroc]ToniX - tonix
20) [FM]troy - troy

Unconfirmed:

MistaTea - evilpimp
[TDRT] A.Kongshavn - Heagles
Put me down, this is a good combo

Playername: Nova
User: mcgas001

I'm in
Im not 100% sure I can make it but its for sure that ill come if I can.

If you want confirmation ill try to confirm a bit later (After exams O_O)
I'll put you on an unconfirmed list until you can confirm it...
Count me in!
sign me too
I'm in sign me up
Aww, an FF car....hm.

Id like to be in again as well, but I'll have to confirm it by the end of the week.
BTW, I dont think I even know what that car behaves like so whoever goes against me.....Good Race
Well I don´t quite know... it doesnt seem so good..

Hah! Of course im in
Can I get your playername / username that way I don't need to keep searching hehe.
Maybe me.

Playername: Jack (ENG)
User: J@tko

Round 3 combo for LFSBC. Gives me another excuse to practice
Quote from J@tko :Maybe me.

Playername: Jack (ENG)
User: J@tko

Round 3 combo for LFSBC. Gives me another excuse to practice

I am going to put you on the unconfirmed list - but that will matter only if 32+ people actually sign up and show up... If you can confirm it from now until then just let me know and I will move you up!
Quote from blackbird04217 :I am going to put you on the unconfirmed list - but that will matter only if 32+ people actually sign up and show up... If you can confirm it from now until then just let me know and I will move you up!

OK - cheers. I won't be threatening the leaders but it should be fun and I'll gain some experience!

Me showing up depends on loads of factors. The chances are I should be able to make it.
Sounds great and I hope you can make it - it is a different yet very fun form of racing.
-
(Simah) DELETED by Simah
-
(blackbird04217) DELETED by blackbird04217 : Didn't make sense since Simah deleted his post and its mentioned already!
Im in. Sounds like alot of fun to me! time to get the wheel out and practice.

~cobra
Ok I need to know UserNames and PlayerNames of everyone who signs up... And until I get those I won't be adding people to the list...
ok

Username: 1995cobraR
Racername: -=STG=- Cobra-R

~cobra
Well, the event is in a week and a day. I had a small practice session last night, and will have another one that I will mention in this thread when I make the plans. It will probably be Monday or Tuesday of next week. During the practice session I noticed the cars tend to roll over easily. If you take the wrong line or hit a curb your race is over quickly - so drive carefully. Also there are two good passing places but you need to keep up with the other driver through the chicanes or you will miss your chance. And it is very hard to follow through the chicanes as the leading car blocks your view... There WILL be some rolling cars, I would be shocked if we go through the entire event without a rollover but it will be interesting to watch. In the event that both cars roll over we will declare the race a draw and continue to the next race, (if it was already the second race then the lap time of the previous race is combined with the qualifying time of the driver to dictate which driver has the lowest combined time. If both races end up with a draw (either rollovers or ties) then it will go strictly by the qualifying time. In the event that you do roll over, please do NOT spectate, or telepit... just let the other driver deal with whats in front of them as they would in real life. It is afterall part of racing.

We do need at least 16 people to show up to the event so please get your friends, teammates and others to join!

Any ideas / thoughts on the "Final Round" I still haven't found a good way to run that although if no suggestions are made we will do the same 4 race setup as last time but the Pass to Win will ADD .25 seconds to your competitors overall time. (In effect its the same thing as subtracting but offers more pressure to the leading driver).
-
(Jambo) DELETED by Jambo
add me

Lfs name : [SR]Jambo

Username : Jambo
I'm in!

Username: Blas89
Racer Name: [SR]Blas89
Quote from blackbird04217 :Well, the event is in a week and a day. I had a small practice session last night, and will have another one that I will mention in this thread when I make the plans. It will probably be Monday or Tuesday of next week. During the practice session I noticed the cars tend to roll over easily. If you take the wrong line or hit a curb your race is over quickly - so drive carefully. Also there are two good passing places but you need to keep up with the other driver through the chicanes or you will miss your chance. And it is very hard to follow through the chicanes as the leading car blocks your view... There WILL be some rolling cars, I would be shocked if we go through the entire event without a rollover but it will be interesting to watch. In the event that both cars roll over we will declare the race a draw and continue to the next race, (if it was already the second race then the lap time of the previous race is combined with the qualifying time of the driver to dictate which driver has the lowest combined time. If both races end up with a draw (either rollovers or ties) then it will go strictly by the qualifying time. In the event that you do roll over, please do NOT spectate, or telepit... just let the other driver deal with whats in front of them as they would in real life. It is afterall part of racing.

We do need at least 16 people to show up to the event so please get your friends, teammates and others to join!

Any ideas / thoughts on the "Final Round" I still haven't found a good way to run that although if no suggestions are made we will do the same 4 race setup as last time but the Pass to Win will ADD .25 seconds to your competitors overall time. (In effect its the same thing as subtracting but offers more pressure to the leading driver).

Have you thought about doing the finals as time trial only.
Not sure if its a good idea as it's pretty late here right now but it could add a slight twist to the race.

BTW, I haven't flipped it once during practice runs but thats most likely due to the fact that I'm very slow and noobish in FF cars (real life and LFS)
I've thought of a few different things for finals... Time trials came up in my thoughts once or twice but I don't just want 1 race (or 1 for each driver) BUT as the same time I don't want 4 races where the winner is almost certain. (Although even in the case of the last event it wasn't certain because it would have taken just one spin for the results to be different).

Either way I am looking for some ideas, and I even thought of doing 2 2 lap head to head races instead of the 1 lap. Problem with that is people making their set for just 1 lap... I know my tires won't last two laps of hard driving (and they have loads of grip which is why I see a lot of flipping if turns are taken too sharp and close to the curbs)
PLayer Name:Harjun
Username:harjun
Remember the PM I sent a few weeks ago. Do that if I start acting up.

Anywho, I'm in, due to it being a day before the SonicRealms Open Wheel League. Two SRs'!

Dalek0220

[SR]DalekSam

Head-to-Head Event 3
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG