The online racing simulator
Kyoto 500?
(145 posts, started )
#1 - J@tko
Kyoto 500?
Well, we've got a 24h of Le Mans (nearly!), we have plenty of F1 races, but where's the Indy 500?

I wondered how many people would be interested in an event like this. The car will be the FO8

The event would take place in the summer (I get bored in the summer holidays!), and it would be 270 laps. (513 miles - I can't get 263 laps)

Any interest?

I could include driver changes (although not realistic) to make it easier for people who don't want to do the whole hog.

Race length will be a bit under 3 hours.
Sounds like a good idea, I'll keep an eye out for it.
I'd try to compeet
#4 - J@tko
Good.

Thanks for the interest.

I'll try and make it as realistic as possible, e.g with pace cars/yellows/pit stops e.t.c.
I would be interested and if you need help organizing I might be able to help out.
i may be up for it
If we're going to race i will join sounds nice
I would much rather it be the BF1 seeing as the BF1 is just that fast and i find it more fun but hey id be for it if and when it goes ahead.
This goes ahead, count me in
Quote from AstroBoy :I would much rather it be the BF1 seeing as the BF1 is just that fast and i find it more fun but hey id be for it if and when it goes ahead.

I was going to make it a BF1 event, but It'd have to pit 5 times during the race. Whereas the FO8 would have to pit just once. Makes the on-track events more important.

If you want it to be BF1 - then fine. I don't mind.
Quote from J@tko :I was going to make it a BF1 event, but It'd have to pit 5 times during the race. Whereas the FO8 would have to pit just once. Makes the on-track events more important.

If you want it to be BF1 - then fine. I don't mind.

No. BF1 bad!! FO8 good!!
Count me in
Nahh I think Fo8 is more fun because it is a bit more stable in drafting. And I think Fo8 will keep all the first timers/noobs away.
Looks like ive been shunned was just putting the idea out there.
Yeh kinda. I think the Fo8 is better for close action but its fast enough to be fun.
Thanks for all the interest.

Saying that it does go ahead, I'll need a server (hoping to get it from Dynamic Racing again)

I'll also need 1 volunteer for the following (I may add more later)
  • Sign-Up Admin:
  • Results: J@tko
  • SC skinner:
  • Rules commer-upper:
I'll also need lots of voulunteers for the following (same as above)
  • Race Admin: J@tko, Dekojester? NtrlBrnRacer
  • Safety Car Driving: J@tko, Dekojester? NtrlBrnRacer
  • Broadcasting (see below): Dekojester?
For the broadcasting - my ultimate hope would be to broadcast it live on SRT or something similar. Failing that - a nice vid perhaps? I'd need some expertise in this department as I've no idea what'd be involved.

Please tell me if you'd be willing to be involved with any of the above, or have any other jobs that you or someone else would need to do.
Providing i still have my rented server by then ill host this event if needed
Quote from mcgas001 :Providing i still have my rented server by then ill host this event if needed

Thanks - how many slots does it have?
Would be a great idea if we had a better aero model/better oval. I'll pass on this one, but I hope it comes off well.
I'd love to be in this race. Maybe there should be an R2/R3 tire restriction to make pitstops occur a little more often? Because I don't see pitting once in a 500 mile race to be very sensible.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Would be a great idea if we had a better aero model/better oval. I'll pass on this one, but I hope it comes off well.

Thanks.
Quote from J@tko :Thanks - how many slots does it have?

I have a Dedicated server, it will be as many as we need, even 2 servers if needed
Seeing as how the last one stop Indy 500 was in the mid sixties, you might want to run the BF1, if you are looking for realism. I believe Jimmy Clark was the last winner to go with only one stop, that would have been 1965, first rear engine car to win the race. I would look it up, but I doubt seriously I am wrong, besides I have a headache, and I am being lazy today. BTW, depending on date/time I would be interested in doing the event.
Quote from h3adbang3r :I'd love to be in this race. Maybe there should be an R2/R3 tire restriction to make pitstops occur a little more often? Because I don't see pitting once in a 500 mile race to be very sensible.

Good idea. I almost never race on the oval, so I've no idea how much tyre wear there is. I worked out that, over the race distance, a FO8 will consume 216% of fuel, so youd probably need another stop aswell. I will almost certainly put R2/3s as a rule, Thanks

Quote from mcgas001 :I have a Dedicated server, it will be as many as we need, even 2 servers if needed

Great - thanks.
Quote from h3adbang3r :I'd love to be in this race. Maybe there should be an R2/R3 tire restriction to make pitstops occur a little more often? Because I don't see pitting once in a 500 mile race to be very sensible.

Quote from PJWON63 :Seeing as how the last one stop Indy 500 was in the mid sixties, you might want to run the BF1, if you are looking for realism. I believe Jimmy Clark was the last winner to go with only one stop, that would have been 1965, first rear engine car to win the race. I would look it up, but I doubt seriously I am wrong, besides I have a headache, and I am being lazy today. BTW, depending on date/time I would be interested in doing the event.

The tyres rule will be akin to F1. Both R2 and R3 must be used in the race. By my short test - R2s will last around 25-30 laps, maybe a bit more if you're careful.

The event won't be for ages yet. I'm just getting basement planning out of the way.

Dates? I was thinking the last weekend in June or the first 2 in July, with qualifying the week preceeding.

If you want it earlier - organise it yourself - I'll be too busy.

Website: http://new-dimension-racing.bravehost.com/kyoto500.html

Kyoto 500?
(145 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG